Unpopular Opinons (Anime Edition)

100 posts in this topic

Posted

I was thinking of making this thread for a while now so here it is. 

My unpopular opinion is that I don't like Steins;Gate 0. Original Steins;Gate is one of my all time favourite anime, but 0 is nowhere as good as the original. Literally nothing happens in 0, its just about Okabe being all depressed about what happened to Kurisu. I don't understand why people are already giving this a 10/10.

What are your unpopular anime opinions? Post them here.

Posted (edited)

• Naruto is shit(fight me)
  • Certian anime don't need a remain while some do
  • Studio DEEN needs to sell the Fruits basket licences so some other stuido (preferably J C Staff) can make a good reboot and add the characters who are only in the manga
  • Most of ABe other works are under appreciated
  • i wish with the recent episode of mahou shoujo site they didn't stray away from the manga because the newer girls don't show up untill cp 24  episode 1-5 covered ch1-17 at least  so to me it looks like they are gonna have a anime only ending
  • There doesn't need to be a season 3 of FREE! season 2 wrapped thing up perfectly

@truecolours did you see the OVA before hand? because stein;gate 0 takes places 6 month after the ova and is set in the time line where he didnt save Kurisu

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted (edited)

- The Fate series is overrated. I don't hate it though, it's just everywhere.

- Tumblr should shut up about Chihiro Fujisaki's gender discourse already.

- I'm sick of seeing Ash Ketchum.

- Yandere characters are not waifu materials. And stop sugarcoating them.

- I don't like harem anime so much. 

- Cute girls with sweet personality > buff bishounen guys.

- I don't get the hype of yaoi.

- Jesus lord, I despise how some anime/manga fandom sexualize little girls.

- Kuroha from Kagerou Project shouldn't be romantized.

Edited by Momo Kisaragi

Posted

I'm so glad I am not the only one who doesn't see the hype of Yaoi

Most fandoms scare me off from watching anime cause of how intense they are

I also wish there was a remake of Fruits Basket, I need that in my life

I don't like how some anime only uses bits and pieces of the original item (like the manga or game) and leaves vital points out

I loathe fillers

I also really dislike long series cause of both fillers and the fact it just loses interest to me

Out of the three long series, Naruto is boring, one piece is kinda too long for something that can be done in a shorter series and bleach is better as a manga

Because how I was with anime, I barely watch them and mainly find more enjoyment with mangas.

Okay, imo, Mangas are the best and a million times better than anime.

I hate fan service, Loli and harem anime but I love reverse harem.

I'd love to see a Battle Royale anime as well as a Nonary game one too

I wish Pokemon would bring out a new protag and let Ash go, grow up and become like a traveling challenge to the new protag, which I secretly hope is female.

Also, the new Pokemon theme songs just kill me

Posted

I'm so glad I am not the only one who doesn't see the hype of Yaoi

Most fandoms scare me off from watching anime cause of how intense they are

I loathe fillers

I also really dislike long series cause of both fillers and the fact it just loses interest to me

Out of the three long series, Naruto is boring, one piece is kinda too long for something that can be done in a shorter series and bleach is better as a manga

Because how I was with anime, I barely watch them and mainly find more enjoyment with mangas.

Okay, imo, Mangas are the best and a million times better than anime.

I hate fan service, Loli and harem anime but I love reverse harem.

I don't like Yaoi either but i would watch it if its good. I prefere yuri mostly

Most of the fandom that has a toxic fanbase are the ones that are overhype( MHA, Tokyo ghoul, AOT to me see to be the worst offenders ect)

Fillers can be done right if the anime knows how to handel them right there are animes that have fillers that dont  feel like fillers (i.e inuyahsa comes to mind) 

Im pretty sure that One piece had a whole season that was nothing but filler

I hate current fan services  it seem like the late 90s into the late 00's fan serives seem tame compaired to fan service today 

There are two mangas id wish they make into  anime dead tube and killing morph

Posted (edited)

• Tokyo Ghoul's manga is much better than the anime. The second season, Root A, is basically nonsense, I have no idea why they didn't follow the source material when it was already fantastic. Ishida Sui has a way with symbolism and foreshadowing that takes the series a step further, I don't understand why scrap his beautiful work to make that crap.
  • Out of the big three: One Piece is just way too long, why? And Bleach should have ended with the Arrancar arc, when it was supposed to, everything that followed was just a mess. Naruto's ending was disappointing, that couples thing is way too forced when it's pretty clear that Naruto and Sasuke loved each other lmao; and don't even get me started on Boruto...
  • I can't watch shoujo, yuri or yaoi animes (or any kind of media that's romance-focused in general). I don't see any problems with romance within a story, but a story about romance is just not appealing to me; besides, the plot and characters are so cliche it's like watching the same thing again and again with just enough detail variation to avoid plagiarism claims.
  • Fanservice needs to go. I'm just tired of seeing the same 50% harem bullshit 50% moe bullshit each season. I want to watch things that actually mean something, that have a decent plot and character development, not another moe high school music club or whatever.
  • Horror animes need to come back in full force. The last big horror one was Another (in 2012!), and I'd really like more things like that. An adaptation of Battle Royale would be amazing!
  • Ghost Hunt is seriously underappreciated, both the anime and the manga.
  • The concept of loli/shota is despicable itself, but fans somehow manage to push it even further. The Kuroshitsuji fandom is a good example of this, have you seen the amount of people that ship Ciel, a literal child, with Sebastian? I'm talking about erotic writing/art and everything. Yeah.
Edited by saerosade

Posted

Ofc my weeb ass is here hihi

• Tokyo Ghoul's opening is the only good thing about that show. It's OKAY but it's not as good as I would've hoped
  • Sword Art isn't bad, fight me. The second season however is.
  • I liked school days, the anime and the VN. Was it poorly written? Yes Is it nothing but a bland guy fucking bitches left and right? Also yes. I still like it.
  • Lolis are cute af therefore lolicon doesnt phase me
  • I'm here for fanservice: the anime. They are made for people like me. 5 Episodes of nothing but fan servy booby girl with no clothes on? yes im watching for plot. 12 episodes of just nothing but yaoi bait? Here I am! Some animes are good for what it is. Literally not everything has to be 100 episodes of hardcore plot, some times you need to have fun!

Posted

Stylistically, 70s/80s/90s anime >>> modern moe styles, which is funny because I thought older anime looked ugly when I was younger and really into the medium.

Posted

Yesss I’ve lowkey been waiting for this thread

- I don’t understand Japan’s obsession with quarter Russian or full on Russian characters. Does Japan see Russia as a beauty standard? Or am I missing something?

- I really wanted more backstory on TK from Angel Beats.

- Mari from Love Live Sunshine had a horrible english voice actress. She sounded like a valley girl and it was so damn annoying. 

- Honestly I like harem animes, but Harem protagonists can be extremely unlikeable. 

Posted

• I prefer the 1999 version of hunterxhunter and the opening is 10x more better than the latest one. 
  • As a lot of people said, I don't understand the appeal and hype of yaoi. I just don't like it when the mangaka doesn't pair them off with their desired shipping and they decided to boycott the manga because of it zzz (saw a lot of these on tumblr u g h)
  • Will never get into one piece. The art style just bothers me. 
  • Digimon over pokemon when it comes to anime 
  • Slam Dunk is love. It's 1000x better than kukoro no basket

Posted

- I really like slice of life animes 

-I like filler episodes .

Posted

• Boku no Hero Academia is far better than Naruto, Bleach and One Piece
  • Ichigo and Zero Two are as bad as each other
  • I don't mind the second half of Death Note
  • I really don't care for any of the girls in DRV3. All of my favourite girls got killed off early and I am not a huge fan of the girls who ended up surviving at the end

@fairyduster Yes, I have seen the OVA 

Posted

- I wish I would understand what the hell I watched in Danganronpa Mirai:Side's later episodes.

- I wish some anime would stop drawing inflating, unrealistic boobs. I know it's fanservice/ecchi thing but the fuck, wouldn't their backs hurt?

- Kagepro in the daze movie is so underwhelming. Sorry, Sidu. :alpacaworry2:

- Abusive tsunderes are the absolute worst. 

- It's okay to buy anime merchandise. I'm not a big fan of bigger anime figures though (they're so fragile).

Posted

• I hate "loli" characters, they attract a really creepy fanbase
  • Most anime is extremely boring and predictable, I find it quite hard to watch many of them even if I truly like the art style
  • Filler episodes are the worst, especially the beach episode that is in every anime ever ugh those annoy me sooo much lol

Posted

- I really wanted more backstory on TK from Angel Beats.

IS THIS AN UNPOPULAR OPINION? TK DESERVES MORE LOVE I NEED A BACKSTORY TOO I WONDER IF THERES ONE IN THE MANGA