• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Recipes

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I made this so we can share yummy recipes and perhaps try new food:lamaheadshake::lamaheadshake:

Posted

Awwww yeah! A topic about food :megusta:  I love cooking!

Posted

I know this sounds gross, but like cook a whole box of pasta, dump a jar of mayo in, and mix in a few hard-boiled eggs. It's the most delicious (and fattening) thing ever

Posted

I've been cooking for several years and pretty much mastered dishes from several Asian countries. Funny enough, I never went beyond making sushi, miso soup, udon, tempura or shabu shabu for Japanese cuisine. Can anybody recommend some beginner Japanese recipes?

Posted (edited)

Well, lately I've been making my own dinner, so I had to learn how to make something other than pizza or ramen :alpacaworry:

So I made ranch salmon. All you need is a salmon fillet, ranch dressing seasoning/mix, and butter.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees (Fahrenheit). Thaw the salmon (obviously). *for cleaning purposes, I like to cover the baking sheet with tin foil so that nothing gets baked onto the pan*. Measure about 1/2 tablespoon of butter and cut into smaller cubes, then spread them over the salmon (they will melt later). Finally, sprinkle on as much ranch seasoning as you please (I use 1 tsp). Following the guidelines for cooking salmon, cook for about 5 minutes per 1/2 inch. I like my salmon to be a bit crispy, so most of the time I cook it for 12-15 minutes.

I don't know if this sounds appetizing at all, but I just tried to make something simple and easy/quick to make. Nutrition wise, this recipe has less than 200 calories (4 oz salmon = 100 cal, 1 tsp ranch dressing mix = 15 calories, 1/2 Tbsp butter = 50 calories) . If you can't tell,I REALLY like ranch dressing :alpacacrush:

Edited by Onigiri
I can't measure

Posted

I've been using washoku a lot lately for recipes. It's honestly a gold mine since it's Japanese recipes, just translated. One recipe that was pretty interesting and quite delicious was this cheesecake baked in a ricecooker. It came out pretty ugly, but I couldn't keep myself from eating it, lol. I made this soup noodle dish the other day as well (but I made extra broth, and added ponzu and dashi stock). I made matcha cookies and nikujaga last week that were also a success! :alpacacrush:

I kind of want to try Kitchen Tigress' recipes but they look like so much work... there was also this Sakura Latte recipe I saw on youtube that was super pretty, but labor intensive (also, I don't know where to get pickled sakura leaves...) :alpacaworry:

Posted

ooh

Posted

teach me the way of cooking non-burnt food plss

Posted

teach me the way of cooking non-burnt food plss

:darth: You're one of those people aren't you ? The ones that can burn water .... Hoooooooooooooow ?

I haven't dived into asian recipes/food ( mainly because non of the effing markets around me have the proper ingredients ... assholes ) 

Tips for baking 

-If you want fluffy, throw away egg yolk and only use the whites. I do this all the time for cakes,cupcakes,pancakes and sometimes breads. (egg yolks generally give it a more sticky(?) consistency thats in my opinion; better for muffins ) 

- ( for you Johndoe ) UNDER COOK UNDER COOK UNDER COOK  !!!! People think I'm mad when I say I lower the time and temps, but you can't fix burnt ! but you can fix under cooked. Add minutes if it needs it and check. Every oven is different and doesn't produce the same results thus you have to adjust temps and time to make recipes work. 

- Cheese cake is described as a scary bitch.... Its actually a basic bitch so do not fear. If it wiggles a little after cooking in the middle, don't worry thats fine ( cream cheese is mushy at warm temps so once in the fridge it'll firm ). Did it crack like the mirror did when Margo looked at it ? No worries stick some left over mixture in it and cook for 5-10 minutes ( or just cover with fresh fruit .. no one will realize ) No, you don't need all that sugar, trust me. 1 cup reduce it down to 1/2 cup or 1/4 cup and just add a little more vanilla extract for sweetness and flavour. 

Cooking tips

- Invest in a wok ( rounded pan ) They're absolutely great for stir fried foods. They also help with not spilling the food over then edge or burning it. 

- Use your nose. I love sniffing spices and mixing scents to get an ideal if it'll taste good together. ( I mix zesty Italian dressing in my beef stew, no one knows ;) ) 

- I'm a serial sampler. I am always testing testing and testing the flavours/consistency. If you're unsure just try it. 

- Crock pot food is great for lazy cooks ... just mix and leave. 

Chicken Teriyaki ( perfect for lazy buggers too ) 

Mix together -

* 125 ml soy sauce 

* 125 ml cup honey 

* 60 ml rice wine vinegar 

* tsp ground ginger 

* 1 finely diced garlic glove 

* half a chopped onion 

* 60 ml water

Mix till honey fully dissolves ~~ 

- Oil up a crock pot with Olive oil and put 4 boneless chicken breast 

- Pour mixture over chicken 

- Turn crock pot on high for 3 hours 

Once it is done pull chicken out into a bowl and and shred that bitch !! Chicken should be super fucking tender and shred/fall apart easily. 

Pour that tasty mixture into a a saucing pan ( which is also your everyday regular pot ) mix in 3 tbsp of corn flour ( which is also call corn starch ) 

Stir mixture on medium heat ( 5 ) until thickened nicely 

Once nice and thick pour over chicken and mix it in. 

Eat as in or place on top of some rice or noodles.. Your choice ~~~ 

Chocolate rum balls ( For the mature Pull'ers who can handle balls and liquor ) 

- You can either buy a box mix of brownies for this or make home made ~ 

- Shred brownie into crumbs into a bowl

- mix rum of your choice ( 1/2 cup ) and (1/4) chocolate liquor ( depending on brownie box mixture play a little with the amount of liquor required, in other words slowly add it to the brownie mixture till in comes to a clumpy consistency that you can shape into balls ) 

- form balls ( LOL ) and stick into freezer ( don't worry they wont actually freeze xD liquor can't freeze ) 

- Take chocolate chips or chocolate of choice and put into a metal or glass bowl and put over a pot half full of water

- on medium heat melt the chocolate till all of it is melted 

- take off heat and bring out the balls 

- dunk your balls into the chocolate ( tea bag'em ) and place onto rubber mat or parchment paper and then back into freezer for chocolate to full set. 

- You could also throw them into sprinkles or nuts and coconut shreds before putting them in the freezer

After an hour ... devour and get drunk off those balls .. ;) 

Posted

i burn water :frowny:

Posted (edited)

i burn water :frowny:

I bet you burn it fabulously~

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/

^I use this website for most of my recipes when I'm cooking for my family, since they aren't vegetarian. Best recipes online that I have found so far.

Recipes that I have used since my childhood and probably for the rest of my life are from Betty Crocker's 'New Good and easy Cookbook' 1962. This book is great if you want to learn the basics in cooking and baking, and it has wonderful food (not vegan though).

https://www.amazon.com/Betty-Crockers-Good-Easy-Cookbook/dp/B000GVITJC

^ Amazon link for book

Edited by Thor~