• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

The Sims unpopular opinions

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here you can share some of your unpopular opinions regarding the sims and it’s community. It can be anything, as long as it is sims related.  

So I am gonna start off with this...

Birth to death videoes are so boring and overly done. It is always the same looking, alpha-cc, poor girl who looks like she has been using all her money on makeup or hair supplies. And then suddenly she finds her either a sugar daddy or a rich celebrity, through either prostitution or stripping. Seriously, how are people not tired of always seeing the same videos posted on different channels?

Edited by Chatsa

Posted

• EA is a shit company even though the sims is one of my favourite games (Not an opinion but there was this glitch/bug which rendered the game basically unplayable on some windows 10 update and EA/Maxis just never seemed to do anything to fix it and I'm still salty)
  • The way that they tied origin to the game in that you have to start it up whenever you wanna play is sooo stupid tbh
  • I'm bored to death of all those ugly to beautiful challenges, they're just CAS videos of some randomized female sim that all end up looking the same in the end
  • When people create other characters from other franchises in the game a make a whole let's play with them even thought there's nothing unique about it and they're just playing the game normally (it's just an all EPs/SPs let's play)
  • No hate but I never enjoyed Deligracy's content
  • Sims 3 is better then Sims 4 don't @ me

Posted (edited)

• **EA is a shit company even though the sims is one of my favourite games (Not an opinion but there was this glitch/bug which rendered the game basically unplayable on some windows 10 update and EA/Maxis just never seemed to do anything to fix it and I'm still salty)**
  • The way that they tied origin to the game in that you have to start it up whenever Y you wanna play is sooo stupid tbh
  • I'm bored to death of all those ugly to beautiful challenges, they're just CAS videos of some randomized female sim that all end up looking the same in the end
  • When people create other characters from other franchises in the game a make a whole let's play with them even thought there's nothing unique about it and they're just playing the game normally (it's just an all EPs/SPs let's play)
  • **No hate but I never enjoyed Deligracy's content**
  • Sims 3 is better then Sims 4 don't @ me

Agree, the sims really needs some competition. At this point EA are just purposely ruining the game, with unnecessarily many and useless stuff packs. Just like they did with the other franchises. Through companies should by now have learned not to make deals with EA. They are basically selling their souls and money. I hope karma comes back to EA, and it certainly will. I mean isn’t that what EA get most of their money from. Ruining companies 

———————————

Same. I think she is okay, but she doesn’t really seems that interesting at all to me. Her builds are fine, but not unique or wow-worthy. 

Same with the sim supply. He is good technical, but really lacks creativity in his builds. He always go for the same color schemes & the same style. It just isn’t that impressive anymore. His voice is also quite  monotone. I actually think deligracy is overall better when it comes to it. Both are overhyped, through.

————————

I am also tired of these LP youtubers, that gets exited over everything. It just feel like they are forcing it in, to make a boring lp seem more exciting. I mean when I play, I don’t get exited over the texture of the trash can. And I don’t think they actually do that in real life. I also think they do it when they know the lp is becoming boring, or there isn’t much left to do. It’s a good way to drag it, I guess

Edited by Chatsa

Posted

I love the Sims franchise, 2 being one I play more than others. I recently Bought Sims 4 and one expansions when they were on sale and have only played it 3 times... I can't get into it. Whoever they have on staff needs to get fired.  They hyped Sims 4 up to be the next innovation but it's... terrible and so under-developed compared to its predecessors. Sims 3 I enjoyed playing more than I can say Sims 4. Who's the hell idea of coming out with a Laundry stuffs pack?! To me that was so unnecessary and could have easily been a free patch added to the game much like pools. Why would I want to pay additional money to see my sims fluff and fold their underwear? It's downright insulting and a joke. I would say it is the Sims community that make the Sims what it is, the people who make mods and custom clothing and hair. If EA were smart they'd hire those people and fire the dumbasses who thought a laundry stuff pack would be "nifty and fun"... I'm sorry I am so salty over that still. :alpacadone:

Posted

Sims Youtubers needs to stop, always trying to stay on EA’s good side. It is like they are afraid of criticizing the game.They probably are

Posted (edited)

Sorry, somehow posted something completely different here.  I think it’s clear EA is money hungry and as long as they have FIFA they will continue racking in the dough with little to no effort.  I liked the first two Sims the best, simply because they created content and expansions worthy of spending money on.  I still love the Sims, just not as excited about it as I used to be.  I really wish they would look over the past few Sims, and bring back some of things that made it so great.  I won’t hold my breath though.

Edited by stickfigurine
Posted random stuff somehow

Posted (edited)

• I would love to have some Sims games where the characters looked semi-realistic (like in MMO's) or even cartoony. Idk. I don't really like they faces in Sims 4. Like sure they get a lot cuter when u throw some CC make up nd skins over them, but still... :/
  • Sims 2 will always be my fav version of the Sims
  • Sims 2 University was my fav expansion pack, nd apparently it was one of the least popular ones...
  • They should bring back packs like Sims 1 superstar or Sims 1 makin' magic.
  • I actually loved the laptop-friendly sims stories games, like Sims Castaway Stories or Sims pet Stories, nd I was kinda hoping they'd release much more of those.
Edited by Baby Pink

Posted

• I don't think buying all the extension packs and dlc is worth it (which is probably why i pirate all my games lol)
  • The Sims Medieval is so underrated!!! While I hate that some features are restricted its fun playing through the stories and I wish they'd release a sims 4 equivalent of a story game

Posted (edited)

1. Sims 3 >> all the others due to having a great, if not the best, default sim model (and tweaking) tbh. Sims 2 did a great job there too, but imo without CC or mods it's quite hard to create a sim with as near realistic features as possible. Sims 3 have the ugliest default hairs and clothes too, but you get what I mean.
  2. I would care more about the supernatural stuffs if I was still an edgy teenager who likes vampires because for edgy's sake, but no, not anymore. Who thought having werewolves and zombies who makes a hella lot of noise in your household is a good idea anyway :alpacaworry:
  3. Why can't players direct Sims to kill instead of needing to let them die in an accident/catastrophe. I don't mean I support killing in real life, but it's a real pain when you need to get rid of one/more of your sim and you can only wait for them to die slowly. :hoplz: You can add whatever negative moodlet/penalties as you like, but I would do that so I can get Elder Sims/annoying and unwanted sims to disappear immediately from my household forever. Don't quote me btw
Edited by Yoshiki's Long Hair

Posted

i just have one opinion i don’t even know if it’s unpopular but

-people talking in sims build videos 

i don’t care about their life or anything i came to watch a build and that’s all i want. i usually never stay to watch unless it’s a real cool build. sometimes i’ll mute the video and put on music and chill but for real. 

Posted

Sims original is the best - Hot Date, Vacation, Superstar, etc. The simple graphics are easier on the eye. 

And up to this day sometimes I listen to the 'Latin' soundtrack they have on the stereo xD

Posted

I think it's wrong sims cc creators are using patreon to gain money for pixels that aren't even usually theirs to begin with. 

And from what I've seen a lot of the Patreon only content are not even worth the money for it. 

Posted

I think it's wrong sims cc creators are using patreon to gain money for pixels that aren't even usually theirs to begin with. 

And from what I've seen a lot of the Patreon only content are not even worth the money for it. 

The basemental drugs mod creator was making 3k a month last time I checked- though to be fair the modders are making sims 4 a lot better

Posted

The basemental drugs mod creator was making 3k a month last time I checked- though to be fair the modders are making sims 4 a lot better

Yeah but half of them steal from IMVU and Second Life and are making money from stuff that's not even their own creation while other Sims 4 cc creators who ARE making their own CC do not even ask for donations or a penny from anyone. :/

Posted

Sims 3 was way better than the sims 4, the Sims 4 is a disappointment and the sims look ugly without CC