• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Ryan Boundless

181 posts in this topic

Posted

This video explains what you said, I can't believe he publicly posted this video of his girlfriend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bCRetFsVzY

Wow, haven't seen this one. I'm pretty sure he did this to brag about how hot is girlfriend is, as I've noticed his comment sections in pretty much all his videos is full of creeps with the very same attitude, who fetishize Japanese women and always support what he says and does. Now they applaud him for having a hot girlfriend too, so it feeds his massive ego even more. 

I'm also wondering whether there is a video where he actually speaks more than a few phrases in Japanese, but I don't wanna give this douche any more views. I've only hear his saying a couple of short phrases, even when his girlfriend speaks to him in Japanese in his videos, he either replies with 2-3 words or repeats what she says in English (I guess so that the viewers can understand), so I'm wondering if his level of Japanese is really that 'very fluent' as he claims.

Posted

Soo basically all of his content can be summed up as:

"Hello weebs i live in ur precious nippon but guess what?? it not as precious as u think it is cuz nippon ppl are RACIST and MEAN to me cuz I can't be assed to to try and learn their ways and respect their culture.... which SUXX BTW!!!! why does it suck?? CUZ I DONT UNDERSTAND IT SINCE I GREW UP IN ANOTHER COUNTRYYY!!! MY COUNTRY'S CULTURE IS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER also Japanese girls > western girls cuz *authentic creepy fetishising comment* bottom line is if Nippontown wants me to stop shitting on them they need to change their centuries-old ways to accommodate me, a random foreigner, who can probably leave whenever he wants. also look at my sexy AUTHENTIC JAPANESE™ girlfriend!"

Posted

I'm also wondering whether there is a video where he actually speaks more than a few phrases in Japanese, but I don't wanna give this douche any more views. I've only hear his saying a couple of short phrases, even when his girlfriend speaks to him in Japanese in his videos, he either replies with 2-3 words or repeats what she says in English (I guess so that the viewers can understand), so I'm wondering if his level of Japanese is really that 'very fluent' as he claims.

When he throws in Japanese words in his speech his accent is really pronounced, but I'm not sure if that's just to fit in with English speech (pronouncing words correctly can throw off a sentence). I get the feeling that he's not nearly as good as he should be though. There was this video where he talked to a language school kid about how good your Japanese has to get before Japanese people will properly accept you as a Japanese speaker and that guy said that pronunciation probably plays a huge part. Which I think is true, because whenever I mispronounce stuff (I have a problem with long and short o-sounds sometimes) Japanese people get this "what is she trying to say?" look in their eyes ;)

Posted

the best was his video about getting a credit card, which apparently he had mastered enough to talk about in a video because, get this.... after 15 years in Japan... he was finally able to get a credit card..... for the equivalent of $1000.............................

he also said that, as far as he knew, there weren't cards that give like, air miles and points and stuff....

I mean either he's absolutely shit at Japanese and can't even manage a google search, or he's a seriously stunted human being who probably needs his girlfriend to survive in the real world. I mean 15 years.... FIFTEEN YEARS. fifteen. 

Posted

It's always kind of appalling the amount of gaijin that live in Japan and don't even bother to learn japanese well. It's no wonder that japanese people don't expect gaijin to speak at all when there are hapless people like this guy roaming around not knowing how to do anything around there.

Posted

I never really bothered to watch any of his videos, but I have heard of his channel... Mostly from other jvloggers who have negative opinions about him. Victor (gimmeaflakeman) basically said the same thing as everyone else (he's misinformed, negative, and complains constantly about stupid things) and Scott (unrested) seems to think he's just trolling. Victor also said that Ryan dislikes some of the younger jvloggers because they always seem positive and happy. I can only assume he's referring to Sharla or other similar channels...

I'm fairly open to people criticizing Japan if their input is constructive and not related to cultural differences or language barriers, but Ryan just complains and complains about the same things, some of which he could fix himself if he wasn't so lazy and set in his ways.

I also think it's sort of gross that most of the videos that come up when you search his name on YouTube are of his girlfriend (or other channels calling him out).

Posted (edited)

He reminds me so much of DarkSydePhil. Just blaming all his problems on everyone and everything but himself. It's obvious that he was some sort of weaboo with an Asian fetish when he moved to Japan. Just as every other weeb experiences when they get there, he learned that Japan wasn't this amazing anime paradise filled with pink-haired school girls and man-eating samurai oni's. It's just another country that produces a lot of media. In his defense, a lot of people have the same views about America. They think it's some glorious Hollywood movie where every corner turns into a beach and you can get rich quick. Here's the thing though: DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOUR HOME COUNTRY! It's not hard to google what it's like to be a foreigner in different countries. Japan is certainly no exception and I've seen blog after blog, video after video, of people outright stating that foreigners and immigrants still aren't all that accepted in Japan. (Or Korea lol) Just be respectful and prove the mean people wrong.

EDIT: Oh and Rie is pretty hot, doe. lol It's just a shame that Boundless only sees her as that. 

EDIT 2: Actually she's really adorable. I hope she finds a better looking foreign guy (if that's just what she's into) who doesn't treat her like a piece of meat and leaves his ass.

Edited by Fire Cracker

Posted

Screenshot_(112).thumb.png.42e9004171c17

Does he just takes pictures of strangers in public places and then put them online with his pathetic comments without them knowing? :/

Posted

Does he just takes pictures of strangers in public places and then put them online with his pathetic comments without them knowing? :/

He constantly complains about being treated like a "prop" or a "pet" or an "oddity," yet he does the same thing to the Japanese people around him. There is nothing more rude then taking pictures of people on the bus or the train, especially when they're minding their own business. He complains about people treating him rudely but he isn't any better

Posted

I only watched this for 30 seconds because it's so clear that it's one of these videos where he and some other man talk about how Japan is, with Ryan having a much worse opinion of the country. I think at this time hating Japan is his whole identity...

He reminds me so much of DarkSydePhil. Just blaming all his problems on everyone and everything but himself. It's obvious that he was some sort of weaboo with an Asian fetish when he moved to Japan. Just as every other weeb experiences when they get there, he learned that Japan wasn't this amazing anime paradise filled with pink-haired school girls and man-eating samurai oni's. It's just another country that produces a lot of media. In his defense, a lot of people have the same views about America. They think it's some glorious Hollywood movie where every corner turns into a beach and you can get rich quick. Here's the thing though: DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOUR HOME COUNTRY! It's not hard to google what it's like to be a foreigner in different countries. Japan is certainly no exception and I've seen blog after blog, video after video, of people outright stating that foreigners and immigrants still aren't all that accepted in Japan. (Or Korea lol) Just be respectful and prove the mean people wrong.

EDIT: Oh and Rie is pretty hot, doe. lol It's just a shame that Boundless only sees her as that. 

EDIT 2: Actually she's really adorable. I hope she finds a better looking foreign guy (if that's just what she's into) who doesn't treat her like a piece of meat and leaves his ass.

The thing is that most people, if they notice a country just doesn't work out for them, go to a different country. He doesn't seem to have kids or anything really that keeps him in Japan. Though tbh, he's an English teacher, right? What would he do back in the states? Idk if he went to uni, but as long as he didn't study to be an ESL teacher, he's been out of that studied field for at least 15 years. I don't think he'd have many opportunities back in America.

the best was his video about getting a credit card, which apparently he had mastered enough to talk about in a video because, get this.... after 15 years in Japan... he was finally able to get a credit card..... for the equivalent of $1000.............................

he also said that, as far as he knew, there weren't cards that give like, air miles and points and stuff....

I mean either he's absolutely shit at Japanese and can't even manage a google search, or he's a seriously stunted human being who probably needs his girlfriend to survive in the real world. I mean 15 years.... FIFTEEN YEARS. fifteen. 

He's just ignorant. It can be pretty hard to get a credit card depending on your job situation, but usually the bank you have your main account with will give you one. I have one from my bank with a limit of half my monthly income. Enough for online shopping.

Also, any freaking card other than the ones you get at your bank gives points. There's the Rakuten card, ANA Card, JAL Card, Suica Card, my super market has it's own credit card...

I never really bothered to watch any of his videos, but I have heard of his channel... Mostly from other jvloggers who have negative opinions about him. Victor (gimmeaflakeman) basically said the same thing as everyone else (he's misinformed, negative, and complains constantly about stupid things) and Scott (unrested) seems to think he's just trolling. Victor also said that Ryan dislikes some of the younger jvloggers because they always seem positive and happy. I can only assume he's referring to Sharla or other similar channels...

I'm fairly open to people criticizing Japan if their input is constructive and not related to cultural differences or language barriers, but Ryan just complains and complains about the same things, some of which he could fix himself if he wasn't so lazy and set in his ways.

I also think it's sort of gross that most of the videos that come up when you search his name on YouTube are of his girlfriend (or other channels calling him out).

He's really just a grumpy old men who hates everyone who's not as miserable as he is.

Japan surely has it's shortcomings, and I have no problems with people talking about idk, how gays still don't have proper rights or how the current government wants women to both have more children and also work more without really helping out at all, but really... Ryan complains about every little thing.

Most of his problems he really creates himself, and he has this group of other male immigrants cheering him on because "life's just so unfair in Japan booohooohooo".:darth:

Posted (edited)

On December 13, 2015 at 16:22:49,  sandy011 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDa5KGtxBg Rolling my eyes...

I only watched this for 30 seconds because it's so clear that it's one of these videos where he and some other man talk about how Japan is, with Ryan having a much worse opinion of the country. I think at this time hating Japan is his whole identity...

You should watch the last sentence what the two say in the video, thats another new level of WTF

(for the other foreigner)

Edited by sandy011

Posted

I actually regret looking into his channel more. This video in particular made me go from finding him pathetic / annoying to genuinely disliking his character:

To summarize it and save everyone the pain:

1) He's baffled that his estranged wife who left Japan months ago wants a divorce and to start a family with her new boyfriend

2) He thinks that if they had a kid together she would have stayed because it would have given her the "motivation" to make their relationship work (which is a really unhealthy way of thinking and low key manipulative)

3) "I don't really care for career women, women who want to make a lot of money or have a high degree. I'm not really attracted to women like that."

- I have really mixed feelings about this statement because, while I think it's perfectly fine to want to be a housewife, I believe he just wants a woman to be dependent on him, making it harder for her to leave (especially if they have a child together). Not to mention he probably doesn't make a lot of money OR have a high degree and he doesn't want his wife to have a better career than him. And I also think this feeds into his weird subservient views of Asian women in general...

4) "I've had trouble coping with how she could move on so quickly..." "That's something I don't understand about women, is how they can change their heart so quickly..."

- Generalizing women while making himself out to be the victim

Posted (edited)

I actually regret looking into his channel more. This video in particular made me go from finding him pathetic / annoying to genuinely disliking his character:

To summarize it and save everyone the pain:

1) He's baffled that his estranged wife who left Japan months ago wants a divorce and to start a family with her new boyfriend

2) He thinks that if they had a kid together she would have stayed because it would have given her the "motivation" to make their relationship work (which is a really unhealthy way of thinking and low key manipulative)

3) "I don't really care for career women, women who want to make a lot of money or have a high degree. I'm not really attracted to women like that."

- I have really mixed feelings about this statement because, while I think it's perfectly fine to want to be a housewife, I believe he just wants a woman to be dependent on him, making it harder for her to leave (especially if they have a child together). Not to mention he probably doesn't make a lot of money OR have a high degree and he doesn't want his wife to have a better career than him. And I also think this feeds into his weird subservient views of Asian women in general...

4) "I've had trouble coping with how she could move on so quickly..." "That's something I don't understand about women, is how they can change their heart so quickly..."

- Generalizing women while making himself out to be the victim

Because a kid has saved many a marriage. Sorry, but if your relationship is not working out, don't bring a child in there. 

Poor Ryan, being wronged by intimidating women, my OL heart weeps for him.

My mum makes more money than my dad (just to clarify, my dad makes good money too, it's just that my mum is very high up the career ladder) and I have yet to find a man who supports women more whole-heartedly than my dad, even though people have tried shaming him for "being weak". (#feministdad)

I think if you really love a person you just want them to achieve what they want to achieve, whether that's being a house wife or a CEO. Limiting the person you are with because of your inferiority complex is not love. 

But as I said above, I think Ryan's whole identity is being miserable, someone being better than him doesn't fit in his world view. Because everyone happier or more successful than him is just delusional and doesn't understand the realities of life. Or something like that. 

@sandy011 I'm on the train right now and forgot my earphones. What did they say?

Edited by クラパン

Posted

Because a kid has saved many a marriage. Sorry, but if your relationship is not working out, don't bring a child in there. 

Poor Ryan, being wronged by intimidating women, my OL heart weeps for him.

My mum makes more money than my dad (just to clarify, my dad makes good money too, it's just that my mum is very high up the career ladder) and I have yet to find a man who supports women more whole-heartedly than my dad, even though people have tried shaming him for "being weak". (#feministdad)

I think if you really love a person you just want them to achieve what they want to achieve, whether that's being a house wife or a CEO. Limiting the person you are with because of your inferiority complex is not love. 

But as I said above, I think Ryan's whole identity is being miserable, someone being better than him doesn't fit in his world view. Because everyone happier or more successful than him is just delusional and doesn't understand the realities of life. Or something like that. 

@sandy011 I'm on the train right now and forgot my earphones. What did they say?

They said that they won't any other foreigners in Japan.

Bonus one: That short guy said he was to 42 countries and then short after he said he hates tourist.