• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Ryan Boundless

181 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I looked around the forum and couldn't find a topic for this guy, but I noticed in recent comments on one of the Kanadajin topics people talking about Ryan Boundless, and I have seen many of his videos and he always complains and is so bitter about living in Japan but continues to stay, he has a very bad attitude and I thought he needed a topic thread of his own on here. 

Ryan Boundless is a jvlogger that lives in Japan but complains about it all the time and basically trolls with his "Dreamcrusher" videos. He also cusses out anyone who disagrees with him and calls anyone who disagrees with him as weeaboos. I have also noticed he has "sockpuppet" accounts or has his youtube friends go on all his videos and defend him while cussing other people out, especially a youtube username "Milkman." He asks nasty to any Japanese person who tries to talk to them and calls them all "Gaijin hunters." In a recent video he talks with his friend there is no reason for anyone to learn Japanese if they live in Japan. :

Edited by Flower123

Posted

He is some kind of douche, his problem is his imaginary ego.
Same like Mira a Multicultural person hits a Monocultural country.
He also thinks he is "japanese" because he lives there and speaks the language? "Yay!"

(If he would do this whining on youtube in my home country (also monocultural) then he would be beaten up several times already, yeah there are enough crazy people who don't like such types of people) 

Posted

I hate people like this. If you can't adapt or understand other cultures then don't choose to live there. I understand that you may disagree about certain social standards but you can disagree without sounding like a total asshole. This guy is basically on the other extreme of Kanadajin. 

Posted (edited)

Why even live there if you hate the culture and you (clearly) think Japanese people don't respect or like you? It's guys like this that give foreigners a bad name.

at least Mira has some respect for the culture. 

Edited by SailorRobin

Posted

If he hates Japan so much, why is he in Japan anyway?

Posted (edited)

OMG this douche. I saw his video like 4 years ago about dating Japanese women and it was full of crap - saying how Japanese women are so much better than western ones because they are 'feminine', 'demure', etc., basically enduring the racial stereotypes, so he came across as racist and orientalist who stereotypes Japanese women and East Asian women in general. Also says how western women are feeling 'threatened' by the Japanese women because guys won't pick up on them anymore. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVVGLQfiVwU

I just looked through his videos and he says similar shit in other videos - like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3cvS4trDJE&list=PL3C8F6948AD669F3A&index=22, where he describes how great it is to date single mothers in Japan cause according to him they are all super hot, know how to please a guy and how all young Japanese girls are just looking for a 'sugardaddy' and other bullcrap. He also calls a '40-something' Japanese woman a 'girl'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z74ArstJtM8 in this video he basically says it amazes him how a Japanese high school girl in a short skirt didn't get raped, it shocks him because you know, how can you not get raped in a short skirt, it just has to happen, right. And he says this is a safety concern, lol sure dude.

I'm sure if I wanted to waste more time looking for other stuff he says/does I would find more, but I don't wanna be disgusted.

tldr; this douche is gross

Edited by hana22

Posted

I just looked through his videos right now and he says similar shit in other videos - like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3cvS4trDJE&list=PL3C8F6948AD669F3A&index=22, where he describes how great it is to date single mothers in Japan cause according to him they are all super hot, know how to please a guy and how all young Japanese girls are just looking for a 'sugardaddy' and other bullcrap. He also calls a '40-something' Japanese woman a 'girl'.

I think you may have stumbled upon the reason why he continues to stay in this country, because he wants to "fuck hot Asian women" all while infantilizing them.  :Alpacamad:

Posted (edited)

I am sure he got rejected by many women, I will be honest what I think, he is NOT handsome at all. (At least for me)
Don't know how you guys feel about him.

Edited by sandy011

Posted

He seems like the kinda guy who peaked in high school and his maturity didn't move develop past that point either. Just an entitled gaijin thinking that Japan should change their culture around his insignificant existence in Japanese society. 

He's preaching about how Japanese people are discriminatory but it really seems like he has a false pre-conceived notion on how he should be treated. They didn't worship you like you thought, huh? 🙄

Posted

He is just so ridiculous. "Even though I speak very super fluent Japanese* Japanese people don't accept me as one of theirs!!" Well, that's what living in a monocultural country is like.

* Does he have a video where he actually speaks Japanese?

I have a feeling though that he'd complain wherever he went to, just because that's the way he is.

Posted

OMG this douche. I saw his video like 4 years ago about dating Japanese women and it was full of crap - saying how Japanese women are so much better than western ones because they are 'feminine', 'demure', etc., basically enduring the racial stereotypes, so he came across as racist and orientalist who stereotypes Japanese women and East Asian women in general. Also says how western women are feeling 'threatened' by the Japanese women because guys won't pick up on them anymore. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVVGLQfiVwU

I just looked through his videos and he says similar shit in other videos - like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3cvS4trDJE&list=PL3C8F6948AD669F3A&index=22, where he describes how great it is to date single mothers in Japan cause according to him they are all super hot, know how to please a guy and how all young Japanese girls are just looking for a 'sugardaddy' and other bullcrap. He also calls a '40-something' Japanese woman a 'girl'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z74ArstJtM8 in this video he basically says it amazes him how a Japanese high school girl in a short skirt didn't get raped, it shocks him because you know, how can you not get raped in a short skirt, it just has to happen, right. And he says this is a safety concern, lol sure dude.

I'm sure if I wanted to waste more time looking for other stuff he says/does I would find more, but I don't wanna be disgusted.

tldr; this douche is gross

This video explains what you said, I can't believe he publicly posted this video of his girlfriend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bCRetFsVzY

He seems like the kinda guy who peaked in high school and his maturity didn't move develop past that point either. Just an entitled gaijin thinking that Japan should change their culture around his insignificant existence in Japanese society. 

He's preaching about how Japanese people are discriminatory but it really seems like he has a false pre-conceived notion on how he should be treated. They didn't worship you like you thought, huh? 🙄

The sad thing is he is in his 40s and acts like that still and has been in Japan for more than a decade and a half, I think that shows the future of Kanadajin3 will follow his path and be in her 40s someday still doing the same old shit she is doing now and will not ever change.

Ryan was so nasty to this poor old Japanese couple:

He also is doing that "victim" thing like Kanadajin3 does, except he plays victim about being treated bad by Japanese people when he is the one who is treating everyone badly.

Posted

Oh god, what an ass.

Lolol, he says that he wakes up every morning thinking "damn I'm in Japan" "this place is like a freaking prison". Then why doesn't he leave? His wife is hot, she could totally do the same thing in the states. These guys he features seem to mostly be English teachers (same as him apparently), and yes, working as an English teacher is no fun, but literally anyone can do it. They have 0 standards. Sorry to sound shitty, but I've worked as an English teacher for several years, and if you can do anything else, do that. There are other jobs for foreigners, at really good companies, but they require either qualifications or you need to be fluent in Japanese. (There are amazing English teachers here, but I've met some... oh my.) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Z2O9Nwt6c)

Tbh he has all these white dudes on his show and I wonder if they're angry because they're not super priviledged anymore?! "Japanese people are just prejudiced against white people"? Maybe they're just not into arses?! (Also: "I've been here for 15 years and I think I have lots of space for improvement with my Japanese" - dude, FIFTEEN YEARS.)

I get questions about my background, but yea, 1.9% of the Japanese population is not born in Japan. We're like rare unicorns, just unfortunately often not as pretty. Having people ask about your background if you do not look like the majority is quite normal, I don't even want to know how many POC get asked about their background all the time in Europe. That's not a Japan problem. I agree, it can be annoying as heck, but why get so worked up about it?

A lot of this anger I think stems from always being the majority in one's own country. I always cringe when people tell me about how they're treated so differently and asked so many unrelated things and used for English practice. Want to talk to the Korean people in your hometown people just befriended because "oooh, so hot" or "oooh, he/she can teach me Korean"?! Or POC or half-anything people who get asked "So, where are you really from?" when they were born in that city?! It's ridiculous to expect of Japan, a country with, again, 1.9% foreign-born residents, to be above idk the US when it comes to these things.

(I know I'm repeating myself, but this pisses me off)

Posted

Reminds me on this video.
American (I guess white? mostly) asking these question also Asian people who were born and raised in America so what is he whining about?

Posted

OMG.... Ew... he is so unlikable.:beardo:

Posted

I can't even watch more than a few minutes of his sorry ass rambling on. What a fucking creep.:beardo: