Best non-matte foundation or bb cream for DRY skin under $20?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have never found a foundation that fit me well, I've tried a bunch of brands and they were all either too drying or too dark (orange or pink tone). Even the ones that said 'hydrating' (like Missha) ended up looking dry on me. Also I'm poor so options are kinda limited.

If you know of any please post here. Maybe this will benefit another poor girl with dry skin as well. Many thanks <3

Edited by puff

Posted

My skin is dry too and the only foundation that worked for me was the maybelline fit me foundation and concealer. Hope this helps! :)

Posted

Rimmel Match Perfection liquid foundation.

Posted

My HG foundation is Bourjois Healthy Mix but I'm not dry. More combo. I'd recommend Healthy Mix Serum.

Posted

I have used April Skin, the black one and currently using Pony Effect. Pony Effect one is on sale on Yesstyle now I believe. You get the cushion along with the refill. April Skin is relatively cheap too.

Posted

This is expensive so if you can possibly save up you'll love this. I recently bought the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, and as someone with crusty ass skin, this is wonderful. I wore it for an entire day and the only place it looked a bit crusty was on my cheeks, and that was because I hadn't exfoliated in a month. After a few hours my face was even a bit shiny which was super cool because dry skin never looks glowy lmao. It's definitely expensive ($51 in Canada) but I think it's great.

Posted

My skin type is oily but I really like the Kose BB cream! It leaves a natural, dewy finish and breaks down very well. Feels light & doesn’t cling to the (few) dry patches I have. There’s only 2 (light) shades though, and since it’s a Japanese brand I’m not sure how much it retails online if you’re overseas ;; I bought it in store for approx $8 I think, so keep that in mind if you do happen to wanna order it (asian beauty stores online overprice that shit way too high lmao)

Posted

Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy and smooth is really nice. It's really sheer and natural coverage and I recommend getting a shade lighter than you normally would. Since you have dry skin, I'm assuming you don't set with powder..? If you just use a good setting spray, it'll give you a really beautiful finish and the most expensive I've seen it get is like $8.

Posted

This isn't a cheap alternative and not technically a bb cream or foundation, but have you tried Dr Jart's Cicapair Re-Cover cream? I'm pretty dry at the moment (flakey skin kind of dry) since I'm on accutane and this was one of the few 'dewy finish' bases that works without clinging to dry spots horribly. Tbh it's more like a tinted moisturizer and the shade range is kinda abysmal (there's only one shade smh) but it works for me. The Pony Effect Everlasting Cushion Foundation is something else you could try out too. Dewy finish but stays on for a good 10ish hours without clinging onto dry spots but pretty limited shade range again. :alpacasad:

Another alternative you could try out is a facial oil or an ampoule/serum with oil in it under your matte foundations to change the finish. Or you could mix a bit of coconut oil into your moisturizer for the same effect. About 1-3 drops works for me but don't go overboard with this or you'll end up too greasy. :alpacaworry:

Posted

Rimmel 9 in 1 bb cream, it's medium to full coverage yet looks so soft and blends like a dream, it's quite luminous and dewy too

Posted

Maybe you should look more into skincare related things for hydration? That could help a lot~