• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Bobby Burns (Youtuber)

309 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edit: the tweets are still there but for some reason were not displaying last night on my twitter app for some reason? So I guess he hasn't deleted them all... YET. Will take a screencap of the rest just in case he does decide to delete though 

This was the only one I snapped before it slipped my mind.

The most recent video with him in it on YT is in some podcast talking to up and coming artists. It's from 2 weeks ago apparently.

Summary (I skipped around): They basically just talk about weed and smoke it and talk about some other random topics for an hour or something. Says he smokes weed to bring his ADHD, BD, and Tourette's under control. Bobby mentions doing mushrooms too. Something about a "Nasty Life" clothing line mixed in with the music. First new single  from a new album going up first is apparently gonna reference the breakup so stay tuned for that. He still talks about Shane positively in the one instance he's brought up towards the end.

Otherwise nothing too noteworthy.

D4DfHWa.png

Edited by Junko Enoshima

Posted

He keeps proving just how immature he is CONSTANTLY. He truly is like a moody teenager, and everyone can see it, except for the teenager who insists it’s not a phase. 

Just because you don’t have panic attacks anymore doesn’t mean you’re doing great. You are ruining your future careers. Believe it or not, there’s a life outside of soundcloud and instagram  where you need to apply for jobs and good fucking luck with that considering what comes up when someone googles you. 

Posted

I guess he just gets mad when people remind him that not everyone who follows him is a mainstream soundcloud fan that approves of his generally unhealthy lifestyle (living on junkfood, overly self-medicating and toting it as his holy grail of stability, posting pics of him partying hard and getting mad when people bring it up when he crashed the Jeep). Ditching his old normal friends (nothing wrong with being plain guys!) for party animals and people that think this is unironically cool. When the reality is he needs people who won't put up with it and keep him grounded. But now that his old friends and Jordanne are out of the picture, there's probably nobody else except Shane who has bigger worries right now than a 21 year old in his late-bloomer rebellious teenager phase.

No idea what he's gonna do when Soundcloud rap falls out of fashion. He's alienated his old audience on Youtube and it's a completely different market there since people usually make fun of soundcloud rap for how memetic it's become. Probably is why he's more focused with trying to build an audience of kewl kids on instagram. They eat it up.

Posted

No idea what he's gonna do when Soundcloud rap falls out of fashion. 

Okay first of all, your whole post, bless.

He's literally gonna work at Walmart (which is fine, I would consider any steady job a good job!) but it's so far from what he wants and it's gonna be a very hard fall to reality. 

I also love that Shane unfollowed him on IG. Up until recently he was still commenting hearts on Bobby's emotional posts etc. 

Posted

Okay first of all, your whole post, bless.

He's literally gonna work at Walmart (which is fine, I would consider any steady job a good job!) but it's so far from what he wants and it's gonna be a very hard fall to reality. 

I also love that Shane unfollowed him on IG. Up until recently he was still commenting hearts on Bobby's emotional posts etc. 

it shows for me that they still follow eachother.  

Posted

His name is really ironic...

Posted

NFKRZ posted an interview he did with Bobby yesterday... make of it what you will

Put it on 1.5 speed if you find it too slow.

someone: h-

Bobby: I fucking LOVE WEED

Jokes aside though, I liked the "weird flex but ok" Roman shaded him with when he pulled out those bags of weed up to the camera... lmao

I like how he just straight up admits he caters to the stoner crowd in insta just because it's so lucrative... but honestly, Bobby, your old audience wouldn't have ended up being so toxic and vitriolic towards your posts on twitter and insta if you bothered to transition from youtube commentary stuff to rap like Joji did. I also find it odd that the only audience he talks about pissing off were the ones who came from Shane's channel and not his actual OG audience. Bobby says he realized he was wrong about everything he said about Shane in that vid from a year ago, but it's still up... why wouldn't he just private it or something if he was so wrong with his narrative? :alpacaconfused: Then again at this point, I'm starting to feel convinced every facet about Bobby is just manufactured and he just changes it accordingly

TLDW Bobby's still gonna upload content but bc it isn't his revenue machine anymore it just isn't his priority and it isn't where his interests are anymore. No more commentaries or "conventional youtube" stuff. It only took him a couple months to be upfront with people about it i guess....

Posted

Bobby makes me uneasy with how he fucking responds and talks to people, he’s “laughing” one second, deadpan the next, and agree with everything the other person says, always. He can’t stand up for himself for shit. It was so jarring when the other guy just went “yeah” and Bobby went “YEAH! Exactly” as if he had even said anything...? 

I really doubt Bobby is only smoking weed. 

Posted

Bobby makes me uneasy with how he fucking responds and talks to people, he’s “laughing” one second, deadpan the next, and agree with everything the other person says, always. He can’t stand up for himself for shit. It was so jarring when the other guy just went “yeah” and Bobby went “YEAH! Exactly” as if he had even said anything...? 

I really doubt Bobby is only smoking weed. 

iirc he mentioned something about having tourettes in one of his older video. to me, it just sounds like he's anxious/socially awkward.

although him being in LA, partying with the kind of people he's currently hanging out with doesn't close the possibility of him doing heavy drugs and it's a bit concerning but hopefully that's not the case.

Posted

To be fair, the main comment people have seeing Bobby is that he looks like a crackhead/heroine addict (pls cut your hair) but I don't think he's on any hard drugs. Do shrooms count?

There is also a serious lack of communication between Bobby and his youtube audience that has been going on for months and continues to go on to the point that they seek critique vids on him just to understand what's happening. He doesn't need to make a whole video about his life story or something but it really wasn't out of the question to give a legitimate explanation behind the scenes. Not wanting to be associated with being solely a commentary channel for the rest of his online career is something I can understand, but the drastic and frenzied change in channel content (chronologically by themselves, it almost feels like watching a feverish manic episode) hasn't done much to maintain the good image he developed and ended up hurting him in the end.

It might also be the fact that his mumble rap I've listened to so far is abrasive and overtly aggressive; you don't get that impression from him at all if you take off the chains and rapper getup. That probably made the sudden change all the more jarring. Pink Guy rapping fits accordingly to his established Youtube character. Bobby Burns .0s were not really characters because his personality stayed the same and felt genuine before Nasty Boi came in and reduced Bobby 4-5.0 to a caricature. Joji did the opposite: he made an ensemble of characters and emerged with his real self that allowed him to gracefully leave his youtube for his music that already appealed to his fans. Bobby really is an enigma, but not in the way he wants us to think.

Posted

His weird persona makes me feel like hes ripping off the musical artist Bones (team sesh). Tbh i dont know enough about both of them besides i liked bobbies commentary videos and I enjoy Bones music. But Bones has a dark presence i feel bobby is trying to emulate .

Posted

His weird persona makes me feel like hes ripping off the musical artist Bones (team sesh). Tbh i dont know enough about both of them besides i liked bobbies commentary videos and I enjoy Bones music. But Bones has a dark presence i feel bobby is trying to emulate .

i like bones but he isn't in no way special, but sure, similarities are to be seen. the basic uwu sad boi look at muh issues sounclout stuff.

Posted

i like bones but he isn't in no way special, but sure, similarities are to be seen. the basic uwu sad boi look at muh issues sounclout stuff.

tbh I would have no idea, but i dont doubt you! Hes the only "soundclound" artist i know of. I just really like how he writes! 

Posted

When you’re running out of money lol (I mean he’s in a lot of debt so I doubt promos are gonna cut it).

3AD3E67D-FFD8-4D32-AF2C-45948FE4D4C5.thu

Also, for the lulz:

B085DEA7-5C1B-4638-8BA5-D9DA99FFB14E.thu

Posted

When you’re running out of money lol (I mean he’s in a lot of debt so I doubt promos are gonna cut it).

3AD3E67D-FFD8-4D32-AF2C-45948FE4D4C5.thu

Also, for the lulz:

B085DEA7-5C1B-4638-8BA5-D9DA99FFB14E.thu

Man, I don't know what happened to him after his movie critic videos bcz i stopped watching him, but damn, he looks like a kid whom lost himself. I feel so, so bad for him. Even an awkward-looking smile can't handle it. Hes def going thru something and trying to replace it by looking like some ~weed smoker, all happeh and shit~~.