• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Bobby Burns (Youtuber)

276 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Bobby Burns and the case of quick karma 

tumblr_p18zvhcy8q1wxqlxto2_540.thumb.gif

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkaqF-7AO5ZHie0Rc-NEb2A

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thebobbyburns/

Twitter https://twitter.com/thebobbyburns

Bobby Burns, 21 years old and originally from Tennessee, recently moved to L.A to pursue a more serious carer in Youtube through collaborations with his squad and Shane Dawson. His channel used to be movie reviews, movie theory and various discussions on media and popular culture. Since the channel wasn't gaining as much traction as he had hoped, he turned to a more edgy image, and made the Shane Dawson drag video. Calling Shane's content "terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible", the pot was officially stirred when Shane watched the video and invited a shy and humble Bobby to visit him in LA and explain his motives. The video was recieved exceptionally well, and Bobby was suddenly a Youtube phenomenon.  

Since this video, Bobby has published just one video on Shane's channel, and the state of their relationship is yet to be revealed. Since their initial collab, Bobby has recieved a LOT of backlash, mostly towards his new content on his own channel, which is a kind of meta-startup kit on "How to be a successful Youtuber" -- despite most people thinking he just scratched the surface of what it means to have "made it". He recieves hate on all of his social media, and people are not mincing words. 

bobby7.thumb.jpg.82990e10952d431db2d148c

bobby8.thumb.jpg.9cc4c24c23d51be73b8dd7a

He has been accused of using Shane for views and fame, as they took a lie detector test where Bobby failed the question "are you using Shane for views?", to which he answered no but the detector said yes. These claims are also due to Bobby's quick change of mind re: Shane's content, which he claimed to hate before Shane offered him collabs. 

He comes off as a tryhard, both in terms of his new content and thirst for "clout", spending hundreds of dollars on designer clothes and a haircut (lol), constantly reminding people of how much weed he smokes and how experienced he is in creating Youtube content. 

bobby.thumb.jpg.99d87dac95a1e926ab75320f

He seems to think he's the new Messiah, asking some of the biggest names to collab or to pay attention to him in any way. What started as a kind of sweet guy passionated about movies has now become a very obnoxious and self-centered cloutmonster. His views are quickly declining but he seems to just ignore it and keep doing what he does. Every single video is sponsored by brands he doesn't give a fuck about, and he shows it quite clearly. Maybe with the new "Bobby 6.0", his channel will take yet another turn. 

bobby1.thumb.jpg.204c155a7a3965e1784b631

bobby3.thumb.jpg.a93d4301253bfa47d702c01

bobby4.thumb.jpg.ef5217fe6add00b1485e9bb

bobby5.thumb.jpg.d393f92ef11c4515e4143f9

But he is burning through his fans and money quicker than anybody can say I-told-you-so, and it remains to be seen what becomes of this strange case of karma, and his terrible, terrible content

bobby2.jpg

Edited by anything4abuck
Fixed tags

Posted

lol I remember way back during his Bobby Burns 2.0 phase, he was seemingly a really nice guy. And then he got more and more asshole-ish and unfunny so I unsubbed... pretty much going for that idoopz wannabe vibe yikes.

What a two faced dick. It's just him showing his true colors at this point.

Posted (edited)

I actually love his content and his humor, and I'm really disappointed by the path he's taking. I dislike Shane's content(nothing personal against the guy btw) and I subscribed to Bobby for specific content, so I really hope he won't try to become a clone to Shane in hope to get more views.

I also hope he won't lose his partner(the one that hold the camera) over his shenanigans, because that guy is partially why I started digging his stuff lmao. Their complicity is nice and I always prefer a channel with several writers.

When I think about it, didn't he say that he was pretty much fake in the past and that he was working to be more honest with his fanbase ? I think it was in the video regarding Youtuber apologies, where he speaks about faking emotions for the viewers.

Edited by Superboy

Posted

When I think about it, didn't he say that he was pretty much fake in the past and that he was working to be more honest with his fanbase ? I think it was in the video regarding Youtuber apologies, where he speaks about faking emotions for the viewers.

He did, he even went as far as saying that he did pushups to get him in the arguing-mood. 

IMO that was the fake part of him, not the actual nice parts. He fakes his edgy persona. It doesn't take much to see that it's not really who he is and he is actually a sweetheart. He's not a douchebag, but he desperately wants to portray one. 

Posted

UUUuuuuuugh. I loved his videos before the whole shane thing, I really did. Even after the shane thing, I was thinking he was just excited about moving and ok a few vlogs here and there. That was like 3-4 videos ago.

How many fucking videos can you make about moving to LA? Nobody gives a flying fuck about your vlog team or whatever. Nice to see him happy and stuff but holy fuck when was the last time he uploaded an interesting video with something actually original in it, editing or script wise?

I also kinda dislike his gf and I do not know why? she seems nice and all but i just...don't care to see her that much, idk.

Posted

Haha his squad is so big now that his girlfriend just kinda disappears among the other 10 people he keeps around for fluffing. 

She seems to just tag along and help him with videos, but then she acts as if she has a fanbase or something now and it's like... Ya don't. 

Posted

I always thought he came off as kind of pretentious when he tried to like "expose" how youtubers manipulated their viewers or when he covered "scandals" or whatever. He was still entertaining enough though. I find him like 50 times more pretentious and annoying now and it seems like most of his old fans do too.

I didn't mind the videos he made with Shane tbh but ever since the initial collabs/vlogs he's become more annoying in every video and a little bit hysterical? It seems like he's so hyper aware about his rise to youtube stardom came very quickly and is likely to fizzle out unless he stays relevant. He spent like years trying to find an audience and when he finally did he kind of sold out when he had the chance to make his audience even bigger.

Honestly? He probably only ever wanted to be popular on youtube and would do whatever it took to achieve that goal. Watched big youtubers and wished he was their friend or something, and now when he's in LA and already has come into contact with some big names, he's gonna ride that high as far at it gets him.

Posted

Dang, I remember watching some of his videos when he did reviews and commentaries on movies and thought he was a very talented video editor and had a lot of potential.

Sad to hear it’s come to this but it’s not uncommon when people move to LA. His age and immaturity is showing. Sounds like the internet fame shot to his head too quickly.

Posted (edited)

I used to think he was a really good youtuber, a huge inspiration for new content creators, but since the shane dawson thing, his videos kinda look strange and I don't feel like watching them anymore, I don't really like vlogs unless it's showing something special. It's a shame, I used to think he was talented and could do good productions, what a shame :alpacadone: It's goo to see I'm not the only one disappointed 

Edited by Cranberry
typo

Posted

I just don't understand how he made a hate video about shane, then started ~loving~ all of his content right after he got featured on Shane's channel. And then Shane bought him a car? Like.. Huh? I've been following Shane for over 10 years but some random dude who made a whole video on hating him so much gets a car and fame? Whenever I try to watch one of Bobby's videos I click out within the first minute every time. He's just so obnoxious and try hard with everything he does.

Posted

Never knew who he was before the whole 'hater' incident. But does anyone else find his girlfriend unlikable? I really tried to get into their videos but whenever she's around I just can't stand it... which is really rare for me.

Posted (edited)

Anyone remember when his early appearances on Brand Sins? He was really nice and fun to watch back then, and his personal content was good too. Compare to the newer BS videos (this one isn't so new but I ended up watching it with a friend by chance on a Rabbitcast, as I'm not subbed to any Sins channels anymore)...\

I can't embed for shit dude just click 

He acts like SUCH an ass and his jokes bomb badly. Tryhard edgelord. Unfunny skit at the end of the video which is basically ripping off channels like HowToBasic (look, I'm not into that sort of content or that group so I'm not being a le biased fangirl and calling others ripoffs without reason). Many of the sins don't even make sense. 

A lot of people commenting on how he looks like a meth addict. I mean, they're right. "Get a haircut, wash your greasy ass face" is what I want to say, but people seem to dig this look. I mean just look at iDubbbz. I know PULL likes him but lmfao. By the way even his fans are scratching their heads and going, "is he trying to be iDubbbz?". Starting with Bobby's "how to spot le fake apologies" video he started going rotten and selling out. I noticed he was becoming what a lot of yters I used to follow became (iDubbbz, H3H3 etc.) and dumped him. Slobs that don't care about the quality of their content anymore because they hit it off with an audience of edgy 12 year olds. Not to be an Es Jay Dablyoo but I'm really sick of this trend of YTers going down an often unfunny, offensive and edgy route whilst compromising any sort of passion and love that once drew me to their channels. It happened to Bobby much faster as he did not upload as often as the others + didn't have as much of a following. I commend him for cracking the code, but man is he obnoxious. As long as he kisses Shane's ass he'll probably go places, but given Shane's more PG15ish content I'm not sure if this trite and annoying image and persona Bobby has crafted for himself can continue to evolve. I'm calling it, he'll be forced to go back on it but he'll still be a cocky little asshole.

One last thing: when those edgy 12 year olds grow up and realize your shit is unfunny and pure shock factor, who will stay with you? Like @ all youtubers in general. I don't understand. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Edited by hind
idk how to youtube embed lol whens the last time i was in a forum. 2015?

Posted

Wasn't he supposed to post on Shane's channel every Sunday? The last one was 3 weeks ago

Posted

Wasn't he supposed to post on Shane's channel every Sunday? The last one was 3 weeks ago

Dude yes, and there is no fucking way Shane was the one to back out of that deal, he had all his bets placed on Bobby, and would not refuse him due to dislikes, as the other guy producing videos for him also gets a fair amount of hate with every video.

I swear to god I think Bobby actually told Shane Dawson he needs to focus on his own channel. Lord help the guy. 

Posted

Dude yes, and there is no fucking way Shane was the one to back out of that deal

Just for reference for those who haven't been following either lately (and me, an absolute ignoramus), what was the deal exactly? Post on Shane's channel every Sunday? Was there anything else to it, any specifics as to what kind of content it is?

Honestly I'm surprised Shane even did that. He seems like such a nice guy all things considered, and Bobby's such a clout munching two faced cunt