• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How/when to rock vampy, dark lips?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been a sucker for dark, vampy lips (more like deep colour like burgundy, merlot and dark berry) but not too dark or else i look like a goth.

I've bought fenty beauty mattemoseille in "griselda" and wet n wild's "cherry bomb", but both lip colours look very bold on me (i have fair to medium, neutral(?) skin tone). I LOVE their colours btw, but i'm too scared to wear it outdoors. Plus, my parents obviously disagree with my bold lipstick choices, so i can't wear it during family gathering.

Since i'm new to the beauty world, i need to know what kind of makeup look would look good to balance out the drama that is the vampy lips? And on what occasions can i pull off this "vampy glam" makeup? Can i wear it to the office? 

The reason that i'm diggin' this vampy looks because i fell in love with her looks on this picture:

66749610e7457a8f26e2d1901425a12c.jpg

And these are the lipsticks that i'm talking about, both have burgundy shades.

griselda.jpg

900.jpg

Edited by MASASHI SUPER DRY

Posted

Loved the vampy look a few years back. I agree, it's tricky to find that balance. When I do a vampy lip, I have to put on heavier blusher than normal or else I'll look way too pale. Girls' night out is okay but I'd never take it to the workplace. It depends on your line of work. 

Posted

ohh I love dark lips! since I have deep black hair they are the ones that suits me best!

I usually wear them to gigs or theatres (too dark to catch any attention) or anytime I go out, but I generally don´t care that much whether people like my lipstick or not. Though I wouldn´t wear them to school or work.

Posted

i love LOVE vampy lips but my problem is not my work environment (frankly i don't care WHERE i wear it...) but i'm not confident with my lip shape/lip line so i usually do a variation of a korean gradient lip and smudge the outer edges so my lip shape is not that defined. 

Posted

I personally believe that one person should feel free to adopt the style they want. After years of trying to be accepted I stopped caring about what my family would say about my style 'cause I saw it was impossible to change their mind. I have been wearing only black or dark clothes for ages and after all this time they still hope I would "put on something less gloomy". (Fun fact, the more they beg for girly looks, the more I put on dark, androgynous clothes). Long story short, girl: just do what you want. If other people will like the way you want to show yourself, good, but put your aesthetic desires before anyone else's.

I really enjoy wearing a dark make up and adooore dark lips, but when I can't wear heavy make up (ie work) I try to balance by using really light make up on the rest of my face while wearing dark lipstick. Some people may say that this way your lips are gonna pop even more, but to me it is still less striking that adopting a whole dark-ish make up.
For example:

Met-Taylor-Swift_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuu

vampy-sophisticated-makeup-look-.jpg

rexfeatures_5053011x.jpg

I am no make up expert, I just like to experiment and try new styles from time to time. Hope this helped you somehow :* Remember to have fun!

Posted

I love the vampy look but because of my noticeable uneven lips and cool-toned skin with round facial features, I do a softer version of the vampy lips with cool reds. I use a little bit of black in the inner centre of the lips then a wine colour for the rest and smudge it out to the edge of my lips, then I use a beauty blender to soften the edges. If that makes sense.