• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Hana Dinh / Hana Bunny Cosplay / hana.bunny_bunny

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hana Dinh / Hana Bunny Cosplay

Instagram / Twitter / Facebook Page / Facebook / Patreon

Summary:

Hana Bunny is a female Vietnamese cosplayer located in Northern California. She mainly cosplays lewd characters for her patreon, and her patreon is currently the 6th highest earning patreon for adult-oriented cosplay.

h2.thumb.png.a9d56bc10d17132670ffde438f5

Evidence of Snowflakery:

- excessive photoshopping

- lying about photoshop

- lying about making cosplays

Exhibit A - Photoshopping

Hana photoshops every single photo posted, even ones that she implies are "fan photos" or candids. She frequently untags herself from real fan photos and photographer photos. 

As a guest at Anime Matsuri, April 2018:

122.thumb.png.7d998128940a35a9a7545de24b

The banner in the background is of her:

1522969547952.thumb.png.c74e7e3085d23bdc

Crunchyroll Expo, August 2017:

(I attempted to make the photos match up proportionally, but it was difficult since the size of her head, length of her torso, and length of her legs were all different)

h3.thumb.png.7d031e434f16ad194c06b54e1d0

Hydracon, June 2017:

h5.thumb.png.5c04a44548fb35970fc295baf90

Photoset posted by a photographer:

h6.thumb.png.5173155a511511454e8b0a90ed0

Her posted photo on Facebook:

19424483_800644220099296_906391736154441

Fanime, May 2017:

Both photos are by the same photographer, left is posted by the photographer and right is posted by Hana.

h4.thumb.png.be226ee803823d7db65cea2c804

She has made mention of photoshopping before, but lies about her usage and is hypocritical about it.

h7.thumb.png.98fb6872223a35636e38edc712c

However, the "before" photo is already photoshopped (wig melting into face, limbs curved into body, face blurred, etc.), so she is still trying to pretend that her looks are natural.

13316790_10206261141480038_5407596672166

Pictures of her in the same costume, where she clearly does not have the same features. Take note that the top row of photos is already filtered and edited by the photographers who took them.

h12.thumb.png.578b6c88dcbd141b7be3f5f35d

She also tries to downplay how much she uses photoshop and still pushes that the "before" picture is unphotoshopped, as is shown in her replies to the comments on the before/after photo above.

h8.thumb.png.9dc74d03a2da80d177c881cdf37

She then posted this later on, despite admitting that she used photoshop only two months prior.

h9.thumb.png.2de3d654b2c9f50c902208d041d

She's also posted many times about using photoshop for art, so trying to deny she uses the program is absurd.

h10.thumb.png.a1071ab9020a76885b89b87f10

She also posted this about photoshop, which is rather hypocritical since she photoshops her own photos so much and is looking down on others who do so.

h11.thumb.png.a34edf42346974a60bc1940d52

Exhibit B - Lying (besides about photoshop)

Recently, she posted a photo about almost being done with a cosplay, implying that she was making the costume.

h1.thumb.png.e8d168ee2485d25484c70fd0659

This is the character this costume is of, Violet Evergarden:

MV5BN2Y2YTE4YTEtMGU4YS00MzU1LWIyNTQtZThi

However, after looking more closely, it was clear that this costume was bought from taobao, and Hana was pretending to make the costume (or at least implying that she did).

Stock images from the taobao listing:

h13.thumb.png.02d67ea418d75c8c99edaa7ed0

Unique similarities between her photo and the taobao listing:

h14.thumb.png.38f07e6ae6f78aae481ffb2623

Each taobao store that makes a cosplay has their own way of interpreting the costume and cutting corners to save on costs. That way, even if multiple shops make the same costume, they will usually not be exactly the same. In the listing that I put above, there are multiple inaccuracies that set it apart from others. 

1) The cravat (neck scarf).

The holes on the cravat in the reference photo are varied in size. However, if you look at the Taobao photo, the cravat has holes only of one size. So does the one Hana posted.

2) The sleeve ribbons.

In the reference photo, the sleeve ribbons are gold. However, in both the Taobao listing and Hana's photo, they are white.

3) The gold button.

The button on Violet's jacket is a long oval, and is more of a greyish brown shade rather than gold. However, both the Taobao listing and Hana use a perfectly round gold button.

In addition to those three inaccuracies, the fabrics used in Hana's and the Taobao listing are exactly the same. In Hana's photo, the jacket is not placed properly on the mannequin, which causes the jacket to look "unfinished".

Additional comparison, where she's not wearing the costume correctly:

h.thumb.png.97aa9776bd847ab5d6e310d0208f

The buttons on the lapel and chest match up, as do the belt buckles. Notice that Hana is wearing the belts wrong, which is why the right belt (from our point of view) is so much longer and droopier than the left.

Edited by Xander

Posted

I don't get why do pretty girls feel the need of using heavy photoshop on their pictures... She went to a convention un Guadalajara Mexico and i've seen some people saying on fb that she doesn't look like her pictures. She' so pretty irl, there's no need to edit her face that much :/

FB_IMG_1524530022173.jpg

Posted (edited)

Her Instagram post vs a photographer's post (with minimal or no shooping)

18-04-24-19-43-48-644_deco.jpg

It's pretty obvious that she's definitely not as thin as she photoshops herself to be

Edited by satsuki
text disappeared

Posted

It's pretty obvious that she's definitely not as thin as she photoshops herself to be

I think the photo on the right still has some photoshop, since her jaw is oddly sharp and the hair on the left side (from our POV) is curving into her face and neck in a way that defies gravity. But it's definitely a big difference from the left one that she photoshopped herself. 

Posted

lmao am i seeing things or are her devil horns shooped on? they look so 2 dimensional

Posted (edited)

I found another picture of her from a different photographer. This one definitely has less editing. I don't know why but her eyes look kind of crusty

hana_photog.thumb.jpg.1d7c39abf11c96c886

Also, kind of OT, but is @dan_huang13 her boyfriend/SO?

Edited by satsuki

Posted (edited)

I found another picture of her from a different photographer. This one definitely has less editing. I don't know why but her eyes look kind of crusty

Hidden Content

Also, kind of OT, but is @dan_huang13 her boyfriend/SO?

I believe Dan is her boyfriend, she posts pictures of them together semi-frequently going to places together on her facebook profile.

I think she's not very good at makeup, which is why she looks crusty. If you look at other unedited photos of her, such as her Qipao D.VA shoot, her face looks kind of crusty in general (especially her eyebrows).

19554418_737701733104245_47092209091663719477704_737701736437578_405396113581098

Edited by Xander

Posted

Yeah, it's unfortunate that she internalised her racism and tries her best to erase all her asian features to look white

I don't get why do pretty girls feel the need of using heavy photoshop on their pictures... She went to a convention un Guadalajara Mexico and i've seen some people saying on fb that she doesn't look like her pictures. She' so pretty irl, there's no need to edit her face that much :/

FB_IMG_1524530022173.jpg

She's on the good side of average but not ugly. Excessive Photoshop is stupid but acting hypocritical about it is even stupider. Snowflake for sure. 

Posted (edited)

lmao finally a day where she has a thread on this site, i'm familiar with the cosplay scene in Saigon and im mutual with some people she knows and she always appears so fake to me, she tried to create this perfect, kind girl image but it just comes off as fake 9_9

She's also bestie with this photographer named Shad Redeath, who is also materialistic and fake as fuck, he claimed that he only hang out with people who are beautiful and only beautiful people can play with him (despite him not looking so great these days either), and he will attack any people that criticized his terrible photo manipulation with failed anatomy. He also has some internalized racism toward his own people, he always talk about wanting to live in the USA and how Vietnamese people and Vietnam are terrible while Americans are superior.

Hana here always talk about how she really hate fat people, and she seems to have insecurities about her body so she keeps claiming that she is curvy not FAT, but in photo you can clearly see that she always shave off a huge chunk of her thighs and belly/hip lmao, she should just accept that she's chubby or fat (according to Vietnamese standards).

She also often boast about being a patron cosplayer too, how she make so much money etc lol ( i don't think being in the same group as momokun is something to be proud of 9_9)

A small drama i know is that back to a few years ago a local popular female cosplayer has some trouble with people spreading some false rumors so she asked people to share her posts to help her dismiss them, Hana saw that and joined in. Hana translated her post into English for everyone despite the cosplayer didn't personally ask her to. Later when that same cosplayer has some bickering with her (i think Hana started this first), Hana used that incident to say thing like :"I'm so good and nice to her, we're like sisters and even helped her but she is such a bitch to me!!", it's good that she helped her that once time but it seems like she only be nice to her to used it against her later, yikes and that cosplayer later said that Hana and her only talked like once,  and it's online, it's literally just them saying hi, they barely know each other lol

Also her bf, Dan lmao, he used to be my FB friend (he sent friend req first btw, i don't even know why he even sent me one, i'm literally a nobody, but i'm FB friend with a popular male cosplayer in the scene) and he often post pictures to flex about his rich background or at least that was how it seems to me, he also often joined in Hana's drama to defend her and attack people, that's like so petty and it wasnt even his fight, he should have stayed out of all that yikes. A few years ago, he has a conflict with the male cosplayer that i mentioned, i'm not sure about the details but they seem to be on good term before but that cosplayer, who is usually pretty chill get really angry and he ranted about Dan for days, his words were pretty harsh as well, i've never seen he did that to people he were friend with on FB, and Dan of course posted a bunch of rants too, but heck when i read Dan's posts, he came off as so petty and childish, i ended up unfriended him following that incident, they also stop being friends too

If i remember something else i will write more but that's all for now, and as for screenshot proof, that was all so long ago, i don't think i ever like or save any of those posts, but if i dig i may find something, unless it was all deleted of course

p/s: I witnessed all of these on my own newsfeed with them posting all of it themselves, not by looking at someone else's screen shot or that i heard it from someone, just a clarification unless one of them found this thread and started bullshitting that i made all of this up 

Edited by Hanae

Posted

Exhibit B - Lying (besides about photoshop)

Recently, she posted a photo about almost being done with a cosplay, implying that she was making the costume.

Hidden Content

However, after looking more closely, it was clear that this costume was bought from taobao, and Hana was pretending to make the costume (or at least implying that she did).

Hidden Content

Yeah I'm pretty sure that cosplay was bought. Here's an unedited photo from a photographer. 

Screenshot_20180415-014526_Chrome.jpg

Posted

FB_IMG_1524530022173.jpg

Y I K E S usually I'm bad at spotting photoshop but jeez they don't even look related 😩

Posted (edited)

Yesss. Finally a thread about her. I've always wondered how she really looks like because she's always posting about her leaving conventions early and apologizing to fans who couldn't meet up with her. And she would  give excuses so many times that it made me curious if she's trying to hide how she looks like.

Also I used to really like her cosplays.. but seeing how nowadays she posts lewd and sexually suggested cosplays of her really turns me off. She even made a post complaining about how she got a lot of likes and shares on a meme she made about herself having a JAV haircut but she didn't get as much likes on her photos of cosplays she worked hard on. Like BITCH don't play dumb. I think we all know the reason why. 

Edited by Clouded Moon
Misspelled

Posted

My man had a crush on her until he saw her in person and didnt even recognize her lol  I had a big laugh about that.  She looks nothing like her photos. We only knew it was her because she was introduced at her booth.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I'm pretty sure that cosplay was bought. Here's an unedited photo from a photographer. 

Screenshot_20180415-014526_Chrome.jpg

She's trying to do a Yaya Han route and hoping to look legit once she stops being popular by claiming she makes her own cos, that or she's lying to feed her own ego. My bet is on the former since making tons off money off lewd cosplays is limited to how long you're capable of keeping up with the facade.

Edited by Architect
wrongly mentioned Stella Chuu instead of Yaya Han

Posted

She shops like Misa Chiang. I've always got Koreaboo/weaboo vibes from her, I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to be east asian. You can't say she photoshops either, I got critisized by her fans for saying she uses photoshop