Who do you love or hate in the fashion industry?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I personally hate Olivier Rousteing behavior (not him, but his behavior makes me cringe). He looks like he wanted to be a Hollywood star instead of a designer/creative director. I also hate the fact that he always re-utilizes old designs from the Balmain archive and barely creates anything new. His friendship with the Kardashians looks a bit fake tbh they don't hang out, they only take selfies at parties. Another one I can't stand is Donatella Versace, Versace's designs aren't very good and the quality is going downhill, and Versus Versace is a failure. Dolce & Gabbana looks the same every year... Anyways, feel free to discuss here who you like or don't like in the fashion industry. I wanna read opinions

Posted

I feel u bruh. I also feel the same with Donatella. :alpacabored:

I rly like Fendi designs, especially their bags. Its better than Chanel which always do the same design just tweak them a bit. 

I also like Valentino :alpacacrush: and Delvaux.

My ultimate favorite atm is Carven. I go crazy for them tbh. I wanted to buy their perfume bt its s/o in my current county ffs. :darth:

Posted

Design-wise I really really can't stand Versace or Moschino, they have to be the tackiest luxury brands around :S 

In terms of actual people in the industry there are the obvious names that I would like to be rid of like Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Miranda Kerr... Also now that I think about it something irks me about the majority of the VS models. 

Posted

Design-wise I really really can't stand Versace or Moschino, they have to be the tackiest luxury brands around :S 

In terms of actual people in the industry there are the obvious names that I would like to be rid of like Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Miranda Kerr... Also now that I think about it something irks me about the majority of the VS models. 

I really hate the looks of most VS Angels, VS in general is so overhyped, their products aren't even interesting. O.o 

Posted

I enjoy seeing designers take things from the archives and making them modern. Galliano is a great example at MMM, or Ghesquiere at Vuitton. Olivier needs to stop sucking in his cheeks in every picture though, trying to be a model but ends up making his face look long. I love Versace. Their Atelier line is stunning and I loved FW15 RTW. I do agree Dolce & Gabbana is struggling.

Posted (edited)

Versace 2012 spring collection is one of my faves of all time. I'm really liking Chloé atm, their designs are very girly and feminine yet mature. I love dolce too, they have a certain image so thats maybe why people think their repetitive but i personally like when designers stick to a certain look. I don't like Moschino though, like someone mentioned their designs look awfully tacky, specially their bags.

As for Gigi, i honestly don't know what she's doing in HF in the first place.. she looks so ordinary it's not even funny. Same goes for Cara.

ignore

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 16.42.16.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 16.41.20.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 14.44.56.png

Edited by Sugar Plum

Posted (edited)

Model wise: can't stand Gigi Hadid or Khloe Kardashian. Their walk is embarrassing and so is their photo shoots. They're unremarkable

designer: Karl Lagerfeld. He's pretentious, has talked shit about Adele's weight in the past and deemed the "fur in fashion" discussion "childish". 

love: Karlie Kloss. She has nothing but a cute face, yet she manages to make herself an eye-catcher. Also! She got an YT channel. Pretty cool, I think and makes herself feel relatable/reachable

Edited by Error404

Posted

kendall jenner is such an awful model oh my god...i think she's very pretty & could've just stuck with the whole IG model trend and done well with that

Posted

I like some moschino stuff but it's really overpriced for the most part and it feels like it's trying to hard to be interesting. I don't mind Gigi or Kendall I just wish that they weren't everywhere or called supermodels so loosely.  I think Gigi has gotten better but Kendall is just sorta riding the wave of her family being popular (for now,  for the love of GOD when will they fall). I don't like people calling Kylie Jenner a fashion icon either. 

I don't like Project Runway anymore either I find the judge's opinions to be very outdated and they don't actually know what the youth wears anymore and assumes that anything creative is a stage costume and that none of us would wear it meanwhile I'm drooling over it. 

Posted

I love Dolce & Gabbana, they have such interesting creations. I especially like when they mix ethnic, folk and rather traditional elements with elegance. I'm sorry but I have to share some of the runway looks of my favourite collections, they are spetacular:

dolcegabana.thumb.png.ee9c39398ca3af84c3

99d40a07798af53bac6106aa005204eb.thumb.j

(and these aren't even the best of the best)

On the other hand, I can't stand Victoria's Secret and especially the "models". Brand incredibly overrated, the models all look the same to me and they have absolutely no charm. They're pitiful, to be honest. Gigi Hadid, Cara Delevigne, Kendall Jenner ----> somebody get rid of them pls.

Posted

I love Dior. Dior Spring/Summer 2005 was my favourite season. I don't know why but it always reminds me of good times: the last year of high school, when I had no idea what I was going to do with my life, generally that sweet innocent feeling of a life to look forward to. :alpacacrush: 

dior-unreleased-2005-photos2.jpg

dior-unreleased-2005-photos4.jpg

8800c1767785218a6f7a865fbd2db45a.jpg

These images are just so beautiful and so fun in my opinion. Lord knows I wanted those shoes! ^ I'm also lucky enough to own a bracelet from the Galliano range of this year, which my mum bought for me from the flagship when we were in Paris. It's got a strawberry and a sweet on it like these earrings (I would take a picture of it but it's at home and I'm in halls at the moment):

dc5e967c5c8133063d4a8d7f4ad61524.jpg

:alpacacrush:

Posted

I think the whole industry have become boring and like a caricature of itself. All the people in charge (magazine editors and major designers) are old. They need to be replaced with younger people and fresher ideas. 

Posted

Interesting thread thanks for creating it!
As for designers I have a deep rooted passion for Vivienne Westwood ever since I was about 13 (23 now). I love her fashion especially her jewelery and her work for the planet and her personality is just so quirky.
And she looks freakin amazing for a lady her age, she went through a lot and is still working so hard for her fashion and the world I think is really inspiring.
Admitted she's a bit...cooky but aye every great artist is :'D
VIV131016_1994_CMYK.jpg?itok=wPuAcMjB

Posted

Interesting thread thanks for creating it!
As for designers I have a deep rooted passion for Vivienne Westwood ever since I was about 13 (23 now). I love her fashion especially her jewelery and her work for the planet and her personality is just so quirky.
And she looks freakin amazing for a lady her age, she went through a lot and is still working so hard for her fashion and the world I think is really inspiring.
Admitted she's a bit...cooky but aye every great artist is :'D
VIV131016_1994_CMYK.jpg?itok=wPuAcMjB

I love Vivienne Westwood as well. Her stuff is so cool looking! 

Posted

I'm reviving an older thread. 

I like the new models (Gigi, Kendall, Cara). They're not inspirational to me but they're masters of social media (or maybe their team is) and that makes them somewhat accessible than the OG supermodels. Whether you like them or not, the idea of models who are a hit on social media and have "quirky" personalities and relatable qualities (idk what to call it but e.g. going to college, having an affinity for fast food) are here to stay. 

I like D&G's designs too: the ethnic/folk influences. Very romantic. On a similar line of thought, Zimmermann's designs are also very romantic and I like them too. I love a good DVF print and I loved their Spring 2016 RTW. Not sure what they're up to now. Idk, I'm not a huge follower of fashion, so I don't know what's fresh and what's old. I think a lot of it is recycled these days. 

I'm in a love/hate deal with Gucci. I think there are some classy stuff but you gotta filter through the tacky. Their Fall '18 with model carrying head was terrifying but put someone like Tom Hiddleston in a Gucci suit and it's great. Gucci in moderation. I think Versace might have a bit of a revival post American Crime Story but Atelier Versace is gorg.