• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/09/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

"Retired Snowflakes" category

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I completely agree! Some are even changing currently and shouldn’t be having their own thread still open even when there’s nothing about it. Hope the mods see this!

Posted

I support having a section called "Retired Snowflakes".

Although, I'm not sure if subforums are necessary for it. I think the simplest and easiest thing to do would be to just move their threads from the current "Little Snowflakes" to the retirees.

Posted

I am for the creation of a “Retired Snowflakes” category. I’d like to see how they are surviving after their peak/zenith of fame. 

Posted (edited)

i wouldnt call venus a 'retired snowflake' but she definitely was considered a snowflake on this site a couple of years ago but peoples view of her has no changed 

edit:this is just my opinion

Edited by hfeuwh146

Posted

Kiki and Johanna have completely dead threads, so it’s time for them to be moved to a “retired” category. There isn’t really much of a Felice Fawn thread, but she would also be “retired” as well.

I (personally) think that Venus has grown a lot over the past few years, but her thread is still very active on here. She isn’t as much as a snowflake as she used to be, but I’m not sure if she should be “retired” yet. 

Posted (edited)

In that case, I think certain conditions must be met in order to be moved to the retirees.

Anyone have any suggestions on what those conditions should be? 

Here are some up for discussion:

• Peak fame is gone and now is rarely known or discussed about
  • Snowflake has seized snowflake-ish behavior and has come clean/normal
  • Snowflake has disappeared/deactivated/left social media
Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

I also agree and support this idea, even though i'm only active on very few threads. But i support this mostly because some of them are not popular anymore, or their behaviour changed for the better. 

I (personally) think that Venus has grown a lot over the past few years, but her thread is still very active on here. She isn’t as much as a snowflake as she used to be, but I’m not sure if she should be “retired” yet. 

she could be demoted to little snowflakes :D don't mind me, i'm not very interested in Venus, though i watched a couple of her recent videos, in which she came clean and was acting normal, level headed. 

Posted

Kiki and Johanna have completely dead threads, so it’s time for them to be moved to a “retired” category. There isn’t really much of a Felice Fawn thread, but she would also be “retired” as well.

Well most of her snowflake actions (if not all) were because of her mom. I think that there also should be sections in the Online Personalities category like there is in the Little Snowflakes category & Venus have her own section there. 

Posted

I agree with creating a new section for "Retired Snowflakes".

Posted

The reason why we haven't done this is:

1. Some "dead" snowflakes may come back or be more active, but people will not know this if they're put in a "retired" forum and thus not getting any traffic at all
  2. Going off of this, it can be kind of hard to decide who qualifies for being a retired snowflake. While some people may seem appropriate like Johanna and Kiki, I don't think it's a good idea to just put whoever seems inactive in there. For example, Kiki was pretty dead until the lolcow sockpuppet incident and interest in her was renewed. Since that drama has died down now, there's barely any activity but I just don't want a situation where we put someone in the retired part and no one cares to check the forum because all the snowflakes in it are considered inactive. 
  3. We could move them to regular snowflakes/online personalities, but it's a bit difficult dealing with the other posts in the subforum and we're not really sure what we would do with those.

We also don't really want to make new subforums due to this issue of snowflakes eventually becoming inactive. While Simply Kenna would definitely qualify to have her own subforum, I don't think it would be a good idea since it can easily become inactive some day and fall into the same issues that the Johanna and Kiki subforums have currently. I might be able to look into getting a subforum that contains the most popular threads so they're easier to find, but we'll probably stay away from making entire subforums dedicated to specific people in the future.

Posted

I get the concerns, but isn't that a possibility with any Snowflake? I guess you already acknowledged that, but it seems like you'd want to put more relevant flakes in the subforums even if you're only making a switch every few years or so. Even if you don't 'retire' snowlfakes and as you said perhaps move them to different categories I think it'd make the interface seem a little more current. Even though Kiki's had some drama, she's been steadily bowing out of the limelight for years -  same with Miranda. They're still pulling shit and there's still some interest with og PULL members, but in general, their popularity has declined drastically, to the point of almost total irrelevance on social media - no one really discusses them aside from on here and a few other gossip sites. The current lineup of snowflakes just makes this site seem kind of outdated tbh. Yes, there's a possibility these flakes could spark more drama, but I guess my point is that even if they do it won't catch anyone's attention besides those who were their when they were stirring up shit in their heyday. 

Posted

I get the concerns, but isn't that a possibility with any Snowflake?

Yes. That's the point @mahoushojo made. Any snowflake could fall in and out of favor so it'd be close to impossible to move snowflakes in and out of threads constantly. Behind the scenes, we're constantly managing the site as it is. 

it seems like you'd want to put more relevant flakes in the subforums even if you're only making a switch every few years or so. Even if you don't 'retire' snowlfakes and as you said perhaps move them to different categories I think it'd make the interface seem a little more current.

That was the plan when I was waiting on a new banner for the forum. Unfortunately, it looks like every artist who's volunteered has basically dropped the project. I'll probably have to change the main subforums or just reformat that forum layout. 

Even though Kiki's had some drama, she's been steadily bowing out of the limelight for years -  same with Miranda. They're still pulling shit and there's still some interest with og PULL members, but in general, their popularity has declined drastically, to the point of almost total irrelevance on social media - no one really discusses them aside from on here and a few other gossip sites. 

It seems like your argument is more "move the main forum topics around" rather than "make a retired snowflake forum." Mira is still one of the most popular snowflakes on the site. I plan on changing the subforums doing this soon(tm). Doing my best!

Posted

Yes. That's the point @mahoushojo made. Any snowflake could fall in and out of favor so it'd be close to impossible to move snowflakes in and out of threads constantly. Behind the scenes, we're constantly managing the site as it is. 

That was the plan when I was waiting on a new banner for the forum. Unfortunately, it looks like every artist who's volunteered has basically dropped the project. I'll probably have to change the main subforums or just reformat that forum layout. 

It seems like your argument is more "move the main forum topics around" rather than "make a retired snowflake forum." Mira is still one of the most popular snowflakes on the site. I plan on changing the subforums doing this soon(tm). Doing my best!

Yep, I personally don't really care whether there's a dedicated 'retired' snowflake forum. I'm just supporting a change in the layout/forum make-up that'll make it more current with drama that's happening with snowflakes that are more relevant than what's (generally) on the front page. Thanks for the detailed reply, glad things are in the works!

Posted

Does anyone know anything new about Felice Fawn?