• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Hiding in my room (Daniel)

1366 posts in this topic

Posted

This was the 2nd video 4 ads5c5ecfac60bf6_Capture_2019-02-09-12-58-5

Posted

Ugh, idk. Normally I would be the last person to defend Daniel but tbh I don't really see a problem with him accepting donations during his live stream? When my grandma died, we got a bunch of condolence cards with small amounts of money from random people like distant family members, friends, neighbors or even just acquaintances because funerals are incredibly expensive. It's sort of like a custom here to give money to the deceased person's closest family to help out with the funeral expenses, etc. and from what I saw, Daniel wasn't begging people for money so I don't really see what the big deal is. I think if he wanted to profit off of his father's death, he would've monetized his videos about him.

Terry needs to mind his own business. Or at least wait a couple of days before coming for someone who just lost their father. Give Daniel some time to clear off his head or message him privately if you're so concerned about the way he's handling the situation. If he continues to milk his dad's death for money, THAT'S when you call him out imo.  

"I think if he wanted to profit off of his father's death, he would've monetized his videos about him."

I mean he did monetize the live stream because there were ads on it when it was live. And even after uploading it afterwards there are like 11 ads on it even now. I'd call that monetizing it. From what I heard in the stream, Daniel's main point was that he just doesn't see a problem with making money off of his family's suffering. Pretty much the title of his video a few days ago. So with that said he was probably aware of every avenue he was making money with this - ads from the live stream, donations from it, and more ads in the uploaded version. 

I agree it's a hard time for Daniel but to be fair I also don't think just because someone is going through a hard time they can't be criticized for things they do. Also Daniel is a pretty self aware person. He knows what he's doing most of the time. His "My Problem With Black Woman" or whatever it was called before he deleted it video was made purposely to spark up criticism and hopefully go viral. He said that multiple times in past streams before he uploaded it. And even before uploading his "I Cheated On My Wife" video, he was very aware of that too, hoping it would do well. I saw some screen shots from his discord where he was saying something like "this is my last card to save my channel. cheating on my wife video". 

So my point with all this is that if Daniel is really this self aware than he knows that before he starts the stream, if he leaves donations on, people are going to spam it given the situation. He knew exactly what he was doing is my point, and also I guess the problem some people (myself included) have. Like if I was a youtuber or streamer I would know full well that if I leave donations turned on I'm going to make a good chunk of cash because of the situation. Which is why I wouldn't personally want to do that since I'm aware I'd be directly profiting off of my family members death and I view that as wrong...

Posted (edited)

This was not just about his dad but asking why its wrong but will put here anyway. 4 ads

Capture+_2019-02-09-13-00-23~2.png

And the last and most recent video 12 ads. Their may be more on twitch or elsewhere but this an example. This is just adverts on videos not including all donations made on livestream on YouTube or Twitch where he is talking about his dad an expecting sympathy donations 

Capture+_2019-02-09-13-01-04~2.png

Edited by YURI 87

Posted

He also made a statement asking his subscribers why profiting off of his sick father is problematic? It's like as if you guys left a basket out at your grandmother's funeral for donations. I'm sorry for his loss but that just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.  

Also on the day he announced his father's death he made this post:

Screenshot_2019-02-09_at_14.00.55.thumb.

No idea why he thinks informing his followers about the YT notification system was that important.

This was the 2nd video 4 ads5c5ecfac60bf6_Capture_2019-02-09-12-58-5

Okay, nvm. I feel dumb for defending him now lol 

Posted

The first video about the update he asked if people minded if he monetised the following videos because his wife took a 3 week unpaid vacation. Then he put a poll on youtube and like 80% of people said they didn't mind. He uploaded the video about the history about his dad without ads. People commented they didn't mind if he monetised, he said he didn't because of the 20% and supporters were like "dude, don't worry, we understand the costs". He did a livestream with his sister, people donated, then I guess he made the video about monetise his dad's videos and then Daniel put ads in the tribute video. 

Posted

Even though i don't like Daniel  as a person. I couldn't help to feel sorry for him when his father died. His father got sick of sepsis the same week my relative died of it. So  i understand what he is going through, maybe not totally since it's different when one of your parents dies. I don't agree with him profiting from his father ilness and death. It's  even weirder to broadcast it. I'd imagine someone  being totally occupied with sadness and take atleast a week of from youtube. But hey each to their own. What Terrytv did was not the brightest either. Sure, he can have his thoughts about it. We all do. But trying to cause drama over it when his father just died doesn't make him any better of a person than what daniel is. 

Posted (edited)

well there you go lol if his own damn audience doesn’t care then why is everyone so up in arms about it 

y’all were feeling bad for him pages ago but instantly jumped ship smh

also shame on terry too for trying to start drama 

Edited by Dwight Schrute

Posted

Lol who are you talking about ?

Posted

I mean just because someone's audience is okay with something doesn't necessarily make it okay lol. That's kind of like saying just cause LeafyIsHere had such a cult following it was okay to cyberbully people. But I see your point.

Posted

Huh? You can feel sorry for him and not agree with his actions. I see your point but honestly, Daniel’s audience is not the brightest and full of incels like him.

Posted

Huh? You can feel sorry for him and not agree with his actions. I see your point but honestly, Daniel’s audience is not the brightest and full of incels like him.

Yep. Just spend a bit of time in his discord and watch him rant about femenazis and SJWs and call everyone gay and retarded for a bit and you'll discover he's a gagarbage person. Still, i can't imagine losing my dad suddenly.like that and nobody deserves that so my condolences go out to him and his family

Posted

so a friend of mine dmed terrytv on instagram and he told them he reached out to daniel and apologized and that daniel wasn't angry with him and accepted his apology so they're on good terms now 

Posted

does he have a discord

Posted

does he have a discord

Yeah. I used to be in his but when I checked, I saw I wasn't anymore. Maybe the admins there found out I was posting stuff on PULL or they were getting rid of inactive members in general, idk. 

Brace yourself, it's a shitshow full of 12 year old edgelords and pedophiles.

Posted

Daniel should study Japanese at a university 

so he can earn money