• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Hiding in my room (Daniel)

1397 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes, while Daniel is still a horrible person, I wouldn't am loss of a parent or any family member to befall anyone . Hopefully his dad will make a recovery

Posted

An illustration of his dad's life.

Posted

I can't believe he's making videos about his father's illness, he even considered monetizing them (the worst thing is that people supported his idea of making money ou of this), If my father were sick i'd never make a "tribute" about him, I can't even understand how he's able to think about Youtube and donations in this situation, it's crazy. I'm sorry but I needed to say it. Anyway, I hope his dad gets better but Daniel should forget about YouTube right now and stay with him.   

Posted

The end of hiding in my room ? Or just another rant? 

Capture+_2019-02-05-21-46-08.png

Posted

The end of hiding in my room ? Or just another rant? 

Capture+_2019-02-05-21-46-08.png

Did he really ignore what the other guy is saying?

Or do I don't understand Discord?

Posted (edited)

Daniel rant about mum

Capture+_2019-02-07-22-18-09.png

Daniel dad passed away. R. I. P Robert Lord

Capture+_2019-02-07-22-26-04~2.png

Edited by YURI 87

Posted

Daniel dad passed away. R. I. P Robert Lord

Capture+_2019-02-07-22-26-04~2.png

that’s horrible. i hope he has the support he needs ):

i can’t bear the thought of my dad passing 

Posted

Ugh that's awful. I lost my grandparents last year, they raised me so they were basically my parents. It's hard. Hope Daniel and his family stay strong.

Posted

Screenshot_(11).thumb.png.d1e4325cbf222a

On his livestream, they were sort of fighting? I only caught like the last 10 minutes of it before he ended it. Terry was saying he could message Keemstar about Daniel making money/donations off his father's death. 

Posted

He sounds like an aggressive kid when ranting about his mother. And no, every "normal" MAN wouldn't kill her, they would just fucking leave.

...Intonation on man because unless you're a child or frickin teenager (or if you're disabled) you're not really dependent of your parents...? But he makes it sound like it, like ykno returning to UK = staying with mom and there's no other option while japan is where he's escaping her, jesus...Grow up already Danny boi.

How he described his mom sounds like my mother back then in her worst phase. When I had to deal with that I was just 14 y/o...that's why I'm cringing that he whines about her behavior when he's twice that age lol. He's fucking stuck in his early teens and it's ridiculous

I kinda wished that his father's death would spark a change in his mind to take his life more serious and shows him that there def are enough other things that should be on his mind than just sex adventures ugh...as he was confronted with something extremely serious. (Yet again, intonation on wished, it's not like I think he has the potential to do good. Agreeing with his mom here that he's useless.)

Posted (edited)

On his livestream, they were sort of fighting? I only caught like the last 10 minutes of it before he ended it. Terry was saying he could message Keemstar about Daniel making money/donations off his father's death. 

Daniel was saying he couldn't understand why youtubers think it's bad to make money from someone's death through donations and Terry was saying he could ask Keemstar to get another opinion if Daniel wanted cause Keem is brutally honest about scummy things and would probably agree it's wrong. I mean tbh I can understand live streaming if that's how you grieve but turning on Super Chat donations for it and even putting a link to donate in the description? At least have the decency to turn that stuff off so it doesn't blatantly look like you're profiting from it... 

Edited by lusciouslux

Posted

Terrytv comment on the livestream

Capture+_2019-02-09-12-30-01~2.png

Faniels complain about Terry so he offers advice5c5ec89a93109_Capture_2019-02-09-12-34-4

Daniel reply to criticism 

Capture+_2019-02-09-12-38-37~2.png

Posted

Ugh, idk. Normally I would be the last person to defend Daniel but tbh I don't really see a problem with him accepting donations during his live stream? When my grandma died, we got a bunch of condolence cards with small amounts of money from random people like distant family members, friends, neighbors or even just acquaintances because funerals are incredibly expensive. It's sort of like a custom here to give money to the deceased person's closest family to help out with the funeral expenses, etc. and from what I saw, Daniel wasn't begging people for money so I don't really see what the big deal is. I think if he wanted to profit off of his father's death, he would've monetized his videos about him.

Terry needs to mind his own business. Or at least wait a couple of days before coming for someone who just lost their father. Give Daniel some time to clear off his head or message him privately if you're so concerned about the way he's handling the situation. If he continues to milk his dad's death for money, THAT'S when you call him out imo.  

Posted

Your quote ''  I think if he wanted to profit off of his father's death, he would've monetized his videos about him''. He did every video this was first video

Capture+_2019-02-09-12-58-22~2.png

Posted

Ugh, idk. Normally I would be the last person to defend Daniel but tbh I don't really see a problem with him accepting donations during his live stream? When my grandma died, we got a bunch of condolence cards with small amounts of money from random people like distant family members, friends, neighbors or even just acquaintances because funerals are incredibly expensive. It's sort of like a custom here to give money to the deceased person's closest family to help out with the funeral expenses, etc. and from what I saw, Daniel wasn't begging people for money so I don't really see what the big deal is. I think if he wanted to profit off of his father's death, he would've monetized his videos about him.

Terry needs to mind his own business. Or at least wait a couple of days before coming for someone who just lost their father. Give Daniel some time to clear off his head or message him privately if you're so concerned about the way he's handling the situation. If he continues to milk his dad's death for money, THAT'S when you call him out imo.  

The difference is that you guys didn't ask directly for your relatives/neighbors to donate. They did it out of their free will. Daniel's fans could have donated to him anyways through Paypal but because he enabled this text-to-speech function and left his donation link in the description box, it came off as him begging for money. He also made a statement asking his subscribers why profiting off of his sick father is problematic? It's like as if you guys left a basket out at your grandmother's funeral for donations. I'm sorry for his loss but that just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.  

Also on the day he announced his father's death he made this post:

Screenshot_2019-02-09_at_14.00.55.thumb.

No idea why he thinks informing his followers about the YT notification system was that important.