• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Hiding in my room (Daniel)

1366 posts in this topic

Posted

Don’t forget that he wasn’t only seeing other girls before even meeting Tomoko (and figuring out her very obvious lie), but also met others while he got to know his current girlfriend/wife. 

HIMR is an odd one though, I’m never sure how much of his stories are remotely true. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure he’d make a video about anything, no matter how embarrassing. But the only thing people want to see on his channel is this weird shit and he actually seems to need the money he earns on YouTube, so I wouldn’t be surprised if some stories were at least a bit ‘embellished’. Same reason why he loves any sort of drama. The attention he got on /r/hapas and 2chan were probably the best thing to ever happen to his channel. If this thread ever got more than a few pages and he’d find it, he would probably just use it for easy content as well lol. 

Posted

I honestly think Daniel is hilarious in principle, but when you realize that it's not a joke and real humans are involved...it's fairly awful. I also agree that he probably embellishes his stories and I have no problem with that because, as @popsicle notes, it's a source of income. YouTubers do that on a daily basis so...meh (not that I think it's admirable but we all know the deal).

But...I don't have a bit of empathy for him. I do not approve of his behavior and I think he should be ashamed of his actions. On the other hand he already knows that he's pretty much a sociopathic asshole and doesn't care. I guess that's part of his "charm"?

Posted

I moved this to Online Personalities.  I'm curious to learn more about this guy.  He's seems off to me. 

Posted

I am just seriously expecting a 'we got a divorce video' anytime soon lol or her cheating on him, this is just never gonna end well no doubt.

Posted

oh my god i cant believe there's a thread about him!!! he creeps the hell out of me but i can't stop watching his videos for some weird reason. it's the way he talks i guess? he sounds like a very manipulative person, like he could easily convince you of anything.

same here man...I click on his new videos asap just to see what stupid deceisions he did again...like it just gets worse and worse each video 

Posted

I discovered his channel 2 months ago and have watched several of his videos. So far, I'm still convinced he is somewhat of a troll.

In the same way Lonelygirl15 was pretending to be an ordinary teenage girl vlogging about her weird life with a cult. Daniel is somewhat the same, maybe not as crazy or odd, but is rather about a narcissistic boy and his life's peculiar ventures and experiences.

I'm beginning to wonder if Lonelygirl was his inspiration for this...

Posted

I don't know what to think of him, I also get the troll vibes.

Like what if this whole channel is only a social experiment, a uni project, a lost bet or something. I mean, the level of comdeic absurd is just so high, that it is almost impossible to believe him. +His dry delivery only makes it more hilarious. And the horrendous cooking at the end, that has nothing to do with the rest of the video?? A team of writers has to work on these scripts lol

Posted

The more I watch him, the more I think "that's fucked up". I've probably watched 3 vids at most because of the cringe! I don't take him seriously but it's so difficult to watch this guy.

Now we play the waiting game... 

Posted

@Lo I would be thrilled if you were right! Like...I think he's for real, but either way it's just so bizarre. Plus I do like his sense of humor, and his takedown of Joey was f'n brilliant. 

I tried to find this one video in which he got kicked out of some girlfriend's apartment. That was rather hilarious. 

He's doing quite well with followers. Last time I checked he was at about 20k, now it's 37k and that's in about 2 weeks.

Posted

Yasss I saw this thread last night and couldn’t wait to check it out. Honestly In my opinion he’s a shallow and a bit full of himself not to mention he’s horn dog before he got married her constantly brag about his sex life but still act all high and mighty when mentioning other people. He acts on whims and doesn’t really think about his future throughly (ie getting married so quick after leaving a relationship and also not even using protection which resulted in him getting an infection of some sort later) for someone who’s supposably 28 he sure acts like a new frat boy 

Posted

He said Tomo "wasn't attractive enough for him"....he ain't a looker himself

Posted

Idk how or why he got in my recommended(I think i saw it after I was done with a Venus video) and I clicked one and honestly it seems very fake lol. The top comment on that video actually was that he's a troll and I agree.