Simply_Kenna [Thread 3]

8043 posts in this topic

Posted

IMG_2280.thumb.PNG.7900e5c136a3a8a8c5fd6

again... google is a thing that exists, kendra

Posted

Soooo after all this time I finally understood what she meant with the borderline plus side. I feel like an idiot but it is so bad worded that it went over our heads. She is talking about the clothe itself. A better way of addressing it would have been:

" If you ever feel bad about your body:don't. I had to buy an XL swimsuit bottom bc every other size was too small and my hips are only 35inch (which is an S on most cases)" 

tadaa even if it sucks that you are supporting a company that makes clothes so small it is not as bad as her previous post 

The thing about calling yourself 'plus-sized' when referring to a small-oriented size chart is that it's not gonna translate yourself everywhere.  You can't make a body positivity post if you aren't gonna be actually aware of what kinds of sizing you're gonna use. There's a reason that a lot of posts that talk about body positivity usually say not to pay attention to the size on the rack because you could be plus size in one brand in normal in another.

Posted

The thing about calling yourself 'plus-sized' when referring to a small-oriented size chart is that it's not gonna translate yourself everywhere.  You can't make a body positivity post if you aren't gonna be actually aware of what kinds of sizing you're gonna use. There's a reason that a lot of posts that talk about body positivity usually say not to pay attention to the size on the rack because you could be plus size in one brand in normal in another.

Yeah I know! I was just saying that I understood what she meant but never said it was good. I know sizes varies and that she only wanted to get pitty and praise. 

Every post she makes about body posivity is actually about herself with an underline of how perfect she is

Posted (edited)

IMG_2280.thumb.PNG.7900e5c136a3a8a8c5fd6

again... google is a thing that exists, kendra

I helped her. It was a pretty reasonable question, google wouldn't really have answered it. Not wk'ing. It would honestly stump a lot of newbies. 

Edited by honeycrisp

Posted

Hidden Content

And the question was?

Posted

To me, it comes across like she has to make her point by throwing plus sized people under the bus. "You might all think I'm a good, socially acceptable small person, but I'm actually a flawed and BIG person. It is not socially acceptable to be big, I do not want to have the word big associated with me but I will for the sake of trying to sound humble and lowering myself to all of your level of being. Next time you think your favourite internet celebrity is hot and perfect, just remember they're actually not and they're really PLUS SIZED." 
Like that time she wore Bree's coat just to make a point about how teeny tiny smol she is. Like maybe Bree bought a few sizes up to get a baggy fit? Or maybe she's just built bigger and you should just leave it at that and not use her as a human prop to boost your kawaii points to a bunch of strangers? I just feel like she does that a lot, she doesn't realise she's being insulting when she gives herself and her features soooo much praise and attention. You never hear her talk about other people unless they're anime characters or asian. She's always like "I get picked on for being pale" "I'm the whitest in my family" "My face naturally looks like this, I don't use filters!!" "My eyes are so big stuff falls into them" "I fit into toddler clothes" "I'm a smol bean" I really just think she is obsessed with herself. She's an average sized woman with normal facial features, she's not exceptionally pretty or interesting and she doesn't dress well or have nice hair, so she has to make up all these traits to bring up and compliment herself with to keep the conversation directed towards her, she's very very sad.

[\spoiler] 

I admit never though about it that way, to me that post was her dumb brain trying to be woke and smart and getting praise at the same time - but failing- but it makes sense bc the praise she is fishing for is " oh but are so small! you aren't a plus sized the company is wrong! " and the occassional: "If you are a plus size then I'm a whale" 

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Yes exactly. Maybe it wasn't her conscious intention either but she should be aware of such things. I'm pretty slim but I make it a point not to bring up my size or complain about stuff like that around my bigger friends. I don't say stuff like "Oh, my eyes are so huge like the sun is too bright for them because they have so much surface area they'll cook like eggs! A random guy stopped my and said I look like a BJD" like idk, I noticed that when I was like 12, my friends were very self conscious and would make negative comments about themselves, the last thing they wanted to hear was how I have perfect skin and great hair and blah blah. People don't want to hear you brag and if you try to bring stuff like that up in real life it's just gonna make you look self centered and narcissistic. And nobody really cares if you have 35 inch hips or feel oppressed by being pale (tans haven't even been the big thing in the west lately, people are learning about spf and Asian beauty is more popular now so she's not sUpEr RaRe). Sounds rude, but really unless she's an albino, she's not being teased or killed or bullied for how her skin looks. I don't even think she gets any comments about it other than people talking about filters or complimenting her. If she wants to talk about social issues and body image she is totally welcome to do so, maybe bring up issues not just related to her. As it is. it totally just seems like she only wants to use the excuse of "body image" to give herself endless praise and point out things about her looks and use it as a conversation topic or distinction just to make herself even more unique and impossibly beautiful (in her eyes). And it's funny she brought up her hips, which are socially acceptable to be bigger or "thicc", but she won't talk about her stomach or arms or facial fat. 

ALSO another point I wanted to bring up, she is well aware of Asian beauty standards and what not, so she can't feign ignorance and be like "Oh hehe poor little oppressed American me, the world just wants me to be tan" when she is VERY MUCH AWARE that there are Asian women bleaching their skin and getting rickets and osteoporosis just to be pale. It's so disingenuous of her. And she is not even naturally pale, I think, she has a sort of olivey-ivory tone which is really lovely but she uses foundation that is too light. She knows.

Edited by IATEYOMAMA

Posted

I have my doubts about commenting on her "plus-size" post, so I'm just gonna say I came across her in MPA and hearing that pile of shit coming out of her mouth doesn't sit well with me.

Posted (edited)

And the question was?

If she could use a different lens instead of the current ones she has to get a better depth of field without zooming. Unless you understand how lenses work you wouldn't really know what to start googling.  Second question was can she use her current lens on a full frame camera, which yes, she could have googled but since she was asking about the lens anyways it seemed fine. 

Edited by honeycrisp

Posted (edited)

If she could use a different lens instead of the current ones she has to get a better depth of field without zooming.

This might a stupid question but can't she just adjust the aperture for that? (Or would the image be too dark then?) Please tell me she knows what the aperture is... :phftt:

Edited by sulla_luna

Posted (edited)

Page 499. This is the third thread, so there have been nearly 1,500 kankerpages in total. Stuff is getting lost and forgotten because it's buried in the thread somewhere so sourcing is a pain in the ass. She's EASILY the most talked-about flake on this site. So, subforum? To organize everything? Maybe? Anyone? Anyone?

tumblr_msodb2PrFA1saqvcqo1_500.gif

Edited by TwinkleSkulls

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Yeah you can. However you'd need to have it zoomed to get that effect, she likely doesn't have the room space (based on her sister's livestream, it's a tiny room) to have it zoomed and still be close enough to the camera to get her shallow depth. It's possible, just tedious and uncomfortable. Yes, plus it'll change the lighting and I don't believe she has lights.

I highly doubt she knows aperture/ISO/shutter speed based on her asking if she needed a full frame camera to even get the shallow depth. 

Edited by honeycrisp