• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna [Thread 3]

8043 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi! I’ve been a long time lurker here but I’m only now making a post lol. I know this has been said many, many times but the more I see Kendall on her trip to Japan, the more disgusted I become. Of course she has the right to do what she wants on that trip but she just seems so ignorant? She’s been treating Japan as this ‘kawaii heaven’ and putting it on a pedestal while ignoring its rich and fascinating cultural history. Like you guys said, she really is doing everything for the ‘aesthetic’. There’s also a dark side to Japan (well, every country) and while it’s unfair to expect Kebab to know everything about her beloved country uwu, it would really do her some good if she took the time to educate herself through reading Japanese fiction (by no means am I a expert on Japanese culture but I know Osamu Dazai, Haruki Murakami and Banana Yoshimoto are big household names in fiction there), watching documentaries and so on to gain a deeper understanding of Japan as a whole rather than seeing it as her pastel, animu haven. She might appreciate her trip more this way (and hopefully produce content than the boring stuff she’s put out so far!).

So Kenna, since we all know you lurk here, instead of passive aggressively to comments on insta, take the time to learn more about the culture you’ve been idolising this whole time and you might find that your trip will be a lot more interesting. :alpacacrush:

Edited by paradisekiss

Posted

OT but i follow her bff breekish on twitter and some of bree's likes/rt's are hella shady 👀

Hidden Content

Bree's so far up Kermit's ass I wouldn't be surprised she just doesn't see the irony in that. From my understanding, Bree is mixed, so she may be referring to her own experiences with that.

Maybe it is about King Kong, tho, who knows.

Posted (edited)

Kebab just honestly looks like to me  that she isn’t taking care of herself at  all. This may sound harsh but she just looks kinda...musty? and it makes me sad because she was really pretty (on the outside) and now she just has crunchy hair and the wrong colour foundation. Does she look at herself and think that it’s better than before? Even if she’s gained weight that doesn’t mean that she can’t look nice, she’s not even fat yet either so it’s all really strange to me that she doesn’t seem to take pride in her appearance or even worse: thinks the  parched hair, granny dresses, tiny eyebrows and white paint look good.

I do not like YouLosers like Kennel who body shame while filtering and shooping.

I do not like snowflakes who love to "tell the truth, fam" but lie about who they are.

If Kenna looks unattractive or unhealthy then it's because she feels unattractive and wants to create a fake body to match her false and genuinely negative body ideals.

I truly do not care how much Kenna wants to dye her hair, eat unhealthy food, and anything else. I hate that she forces her hurtful attitudes on others.

I also do not want her to become pro-ana. 

Kenna love yourself 

You have everything but you

Toss five yen and pray

kamineko est. 2018 // on a hill asleep amongst lilies

Edited by kamineko
stupid pic issues that wasted bandwidth corrected. tyia.

Posted

I’m trying so hard to take a break from this thread but she ain’t letting me

AF2ACFE2-C723-471F-B700-017B1C768B28.thu7DE30914-EBE0-4226-8DA0-8418CDBE459A.thu

ok I used to photoshop pictures of people for fun and give them crazy haircolors and whatnot... it literally looks like she took the paintbrush tool and colored pink over the top part of her hair and her eyebrows. I'm not a pro so idk, maybe I'm just seeing things but it would be hilarious if she really did that.

Posted

ok I used to photoshop pictures of people for fun and give them crazy haircolors and whatnot... it literally looks like she took the paintbrush tool and colored pink over the top part of her hair and her eyebrows. I'm not a pro so idk, maybe I'm just seeing things but it would be hilarious if she really did that.

I touch up my makeup in my own photos and it looks like the same thing to me. Colored them in more pink then forget to adjust the contrast and brightness for the individual hairs to show through. Or maybe the lightening filter got rid of some of the contrast in them. Either way, here is a quick before/after edit I did to show what I mean:

kennaedit.png

Posted

One cannot even tell where she is from her instagram feed:notimp:

IMG_20180428_164608.thumb.jpg.7d7135fea9

Posted

did you post the same pictures? because I can't tell a difference

The eyebrows on the right are slightly darker and more textured. I think that's the only thing they did

Posted

I'm starting to accept the fact that Kenna's skin is naturally now pale(r). The problem is, and why it looks so "off" on her is that,i think, she seems to have a similar skintone to mine. I think it's kind on the warm/neutral side. My colors (eyes/hair) are lighter than hers but i have the same tones if that makes sense. I love pale skintones but during the winter when i get minimum sun it never looks "great" on me. It's kinda ashy and having neutral/green undertones makes the finding of a good foundation almost impossible. Generally speaking, it almost always looks better with a bit of "sun" 

Like i can't believe she looks at her past photos and think she looks better now...I'm not gonna touch on style or w/e the fuck she's calling those things she's wearing...Man..like...this is kinda my own opinion and all but i can't stop but thinking how great colorful clothes and hair look on people with deeper skintones. (not that lightskinned girls can't rock them ofc) It's just that contrast between their skin and colors and it just looks so nice to me...Especially pastels aaah. She could keep her natural skin and wear all these clothes and even have her hair pink and i think it would look better. Sorry for the long ass post :D Just random thoughts i wanted to let out

Posted

I'm starting to accept the fact that Kenna's skin is naturally now pale(r). The problem is, and why it looks so "off" on her is that,i think, she seems to have a similar skintone to mine. I think it's kind on the warm/neutral side. My colors (eyes/hair) are lighter than hers but i have the same tones if that makes sense. I love pale skintones but during the winter when i get minimum sun it never looks "great" on me. It's kinda ashy and having neutral/green undertones makes the finding of a good foundation almost impossible. Generally speaking, it almost always looks better with a bit of "sun" 

Like i can't believe she looks at her past photos and think she looks better now...I'm not gonna touch on style or w/e the fuck she's calling those things she's wearing...Man..like...this is kinda my own opinion and all but i can't stop but thinking how great colorful clothes and hair look on people with deeper skintones. (not that lightskinned girls can't rock them ofc) It's just that contrast between their skin and colors and it just looks so nice to me...Especially pastels aaah. She could keep her natural skin and wear all these clothes and even have her hair pink and i think it would look better. Sorry for the long ass post :D Just random thoughts i wanted to let out

I personally believe she's naturally a bit lighter than usual nowadays, but nowhere near as light as she keeps saying she is. For Kenna, she has to be the most at everything she decides she likes, or does. So right now, she has to be the palest, whitest girl. Along with the shortest. She likes sweets and Japan and Disney more than anybody, ever. The only thing paler than her, in her mind, are ghosts and dead people. She implied it herself.

Nobody would have a problem with the color of her skin if this had all been a slow, natural occurrence, but her suddenly whitewashing the shit out of herself on top of spouting nonsense about how Japan made her realize pale skin was beautiful or whatever, the constant reinforcing and having to remind people that she's pale as if she's in defence mode... that's why people say shit. It really doesn't matter what skin color she has, but it's her who's making it a big deal. Same with her height.

I agree with you that her pink hair and style looks much prettier with her natural, deeper skin tone and darker eyebrows. It suits her a lot better that way and isn't such an eyesore. Right now, she's just slapping a lot of different trends onto herself (probably to look like the biggest fan of anime and Japan, ofc) and it's making her look bad. One or two of these trends wouldn't be so downright ugly, but she does them all at once.

1b69bda47d3506018966bd87b578b5ed--harajuku-makeup-simply-kenna.jpg

Posted

Yeah, okay...? Kenners posts such things but why does she never to outside to look at actual anime stuff? Okay, she doesn't like Akihabara, me neither, but what about Ikebukuro and Nakano? What about TV stations? I mean, I guess it's too late for that now anyway.

Screenshot_20180428-220549.png

Posted

Kenna: we gonna be neutral likeIMG_20180428_211109.thumb.jpg.3ea65b6f32