• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

Simply_Kenna [Thread 3]

8043 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Kenna doesn't wander around though? She's sitting on her ass asking for suggestions on what to do. Wandering around means exploring and being interested in your surroundings which she isn't.

Just wondering around is such an awesome part of travel that many of us don't really get to do because when we book trips it's for such a short time (as our lives and jobs allow) that we try to cram in as much culture and experiences as possible. I WISH I had the time and money to go to another country and just wander around with no real direction, seeing what I see. She's got the opportunity many of us can only dream of and she's squandering it away going to Starbucks and watching anime. 

Go to to the supermarkets and see all the different kinds of packaging they have! (honestly I love doing this!). Go sit on a bench in a park and just people watch for an hour. Or take a sketch book and just draw what you see! Go see a museum that doesn't fit your Kawaii AeStHetic (you don't HAVE to take photos!) go visit a shrine, go look at a gallery, check out some local artists. Get up early and find a spot to watch the sunrise. Go to a themed cafe! Go actually try food that isn't Pancakes! Book into a cooking class and learn how to make some authentic Japanese food! Go eat sushi! you're in the land of it FFS!

Anything is better than just sitting in your Air B&B all day begging your subscribers for anime passes!

I understand travelling to another country alone can be scary and it can be intimidating to go out there on your own and find things to do. Even at home if I have a day off I sometimes don't know what to do. And you're there for a month! It's okay to spend the odd day in your hotel when you're feeling tired or a bit lonely. My SIL in law did solo travelling for 7 months last year all over Asia and south America and said yeah at times she did feel so lonely and a million miles from home. But she went out and made the most of every damn second she had because she'll never get that opportunity again! 

Girl does not deserve her passport! 

Edited by LucyCaboosey

Posted (edited)

I'm still laughing at her multiple Buddhism tattoos and how she permanently painted her skin with teachings from a religion she doesn't even follow. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm all here for getting whatever tattoos you want, but her skin is going to be a littered mess of stolen art and unfollowed philosophies and I think that is HILARIOUS. I wonder if she'll get incorrect Kanji tattooed on herself soon.

Seriously hoping for a かわいいですね tat (not kanji but still). And yeah I shouldn't give her ideas, especially when the hiragana is correct.

How about 恐いですね? (Kenna this is def the way to write 'kawaii desu ne' properly. Definitely get this one!)

Edited by kamineko

Posted

(Just for context- I'm coming at this being Italian and having been raised VERY involved in Roman Catholicism.)

I know this might irk some people and I'm really sorry but- I (sortof) agree with Kenna on this one? She definitely could have gone about it in a more respectful way but to non-Christians - not just atheists- the evangelistic and 'conversion' aspect of Christianity can honestly be pretty terrible. That is to say, when you're struggling with something in life and people around you are assuring you based on THEIR beliefs and not your own it can be really frustrating and isolating- sort of like struggling with a math problem and someone handing you a dictionary. Sure, that might make sense to them- but you don't have a clue how it relates to your problem. Religion is everything for some people, something for others and nothing for a few. I definitely wouldn't have worded it the way she did but she's not generally the best at that- perhaps immaturity? (saying this as someone a year older than her hahaha.)

The problem is, even if you are not catholic or religious at all (as she sort of claims to be?), there's no need to be nasty. There was a lot of different comments on that specific post, some of them were about religion, and the ones I saw were very respectful. No one was trying to shove a religion down her throat.

I'm not a monoteist in the slightest but I wouldn't snap at people for suggesting me to maybe try to find some comfort or purpose through a monoteist religion (or any other religion whatsoever) when they clearly are not trying to be disrespectful (IF they are, that's a whole different story). I mean, she was the one who asked for advice. She doesn't have to follow any of them, and if the religion part bothers her so much, she could just ignore it? If your job is social media, try to at least keep the peace and a nice relationship with your followers.

I mean, if you ask for advice, isn't it kind of obvious people are going to suggest things based on THEIR experiences? Can you do this any other way? You live and you learn and you pass that knowledge, that's just how everything goes. Also, it doesn't help that she used to talk about buddhism, her tattoos, etc etc... These kind of things indicates that she is, to some degree, open to these type of religious and "mystic" discussions.

Posted

Seriously hoping for a かわいいですね tat (not kanji but still). And yeah I shouldn't give her ideas, especially when the hiragana is correct.

How about 恐いですね? (Kenna this is def the way to write 'kawaii desu ne' properly. Definitely get this one!)

Just make it 可愛いですね, then you even get two kanji lol

I'm kinda surprised Kenna never mentioned tattoos in Japan, personally I already considered getting one (but then the whole trip got too expensive in general). There are so many (ex-)Jvloggers with tattoo who went to the one tattoo studio with the English speaking stuff, it shouldn't be a problem for Kenna. If she loves cherry blossoms in Japan so much, why not get a cherry blossom tattoo there?

Posted

I can’t even imagine how much this trip is costing her. 

Airbnb for weeks, impulsive ugly clothes shopping, and the endless amount of eating out.

Yeah, she’s living paycheck to paycheck for sure. 

Posted

Just make it 可愛いですね, then you even get two kanji lol

I'm kinda surprised Kenna never mentioned tattoos in Japan, personally I already considered getting one (but then the whole trip got too expensive in general). There are so many (ex-)Jvloggers with tattoo who went to the one tattoo studio with the English speaking stuff, it shouldn't be a problem for Kenna. If she loves cherry blossoms in Japan so much, why not get a cherry blossom tattoo there?

There's this saying in Japanese that roughly translates to "old soul". The phrase is 

馬鹿 

I think someone so intellectual, creative, and deep as Kenna should really have this phrase somewhere on her body- preferably somewhere that is semi-visable like her inner wrist or along her thumb. 

For those who don’t speak Japanese, put this in Google Translate. I assure you it does not mean "old soul". 

No, but in all seriousness I beleive that Kenna should get up and get a tattoo while in Japan. It's clear that she isn't going to try going to a traditional bathhouse or any place that would kick her out for having a tattoo, so what is there to risk in going to a tattoo salon in Japan that was designed to welcome those who speak English? Is it going to take up all her time making up lies and editing shoping bags on Instagram? Probably. But maybe it'll be good for her to get out there and get something that is truely unique. Who knows? She may even get sidetracked and find somewhere else to explore while on the way there!  

Posted (edited)

The problem is, even if you are not catholic or religious at all (as she sort of claims to be?), there's no need to be nasty. There was a lot of different comments on that specific post, some of them were about religion, and the ones I saw were very respectful. No one was trying to shove a religion down her throat.

I'm not a monoteist in the slightest but I wouldn't snap at people for suggesting me to maybe try to find some comfort or purpose through a monoteist religion (or any other religion whatsoever) when they clearly are not trying to be disrespectful (IF they are, that's a whole different story). I mean, she was the one who asked for advice. She doesn't have to follow any of them, and if the religion part bothers her so much, she could just ignore it? If your job is social media, try to at least keep the peace and a nice relationship with your followers.

I mean, if you ask for advice, isn't it kind of obvious people are going to suggest things based on THEIR experiences? Can you do this any other way? You live and you learn and you pass that knowledge, that's just how everything goes. Also, it doesn't help that she used to talk about buddhism, her tattoos, etc etc... These kind of things indicates that she is, to some degree, open to these type of religious and "mystic" discussions.

I agree that she was nasty and said it entirely wrong - which is why I said in my previous post I 'sort of' agreed- in that the execution was wrong but I agree with her sentiment.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. If a friend asks me for advice I will give it to them in consideration of their feelings- ie, if they are having a rough patch with a relationship, and I dislike their partner, I won't tell them 'I hate so and so, dump them,' because I know that they love them. Instead I would try to provide actually helpful advice for the situation, ie what is it that you argue about- find a way to compromise etc. Me shoving my ideas at them won't help the situation at all, but giving a different viewpoint in consideration of theirs might. 

I don't think it's entirely appropriate to make assumptions that because at one point she was (or portrayed herself to be) spiritual that THAT must be the ultimate answer to all her following problems. Especially given a lot of the comments WERE from a Christian viewpoint which is in itself a 'evangelic' or conversion focused religion. With my experience and knowledge of RC I wouldn't assume a Buddhist practitioner's spiritual alignment because they're not? the same? Again, I don't think she did it the right way at all, but I do understand her sentiments.

Edited by lolabunny
(typos sorry!)

Posted

it's kinda wild to think abt that she can't post anything without backlash??? lol she created that for herself. honestly just going away to her fairyland of japan wont help her, since the moment she comes back she'll have to face how her life is so empty and meaningless that nothing she does will fill the void, created by the constant need to feel superior and special.

as it has been said before - delete your social media kennie, and shave off ya hair, get yourself a cat and be good to it and come back in 5 years. 

Posted

I agree that she was nasty and said it entirely wrong - which is why I said in my previous post I 'sort of' agreed- in that the execution was wrong but I agree with her sentiment.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. If a friend asks me for advice I will give it to them in consideration of their feelings- ie, if they are having a rough patch with a relationship, and I dislike their partner, I won't tell them 'I hate so and so, dump them,' because I know that they love them. Instead I would try to provide actually helpful advice for the situation, ie what is it that you argue about- find a way to compromise etc. Me shoving my ideas at them won't help the situation at all, but giving a different viewpoint in consideration of theirs might. 

I don't think it's entirely appropriate to make assumptions that because at one point she was (or portrayed herself to be) spiritual that THAT must be the ultimate answer to all her following problems. Especially given a lot of the comments WERE from a Christian viewpoint which is in itself a 'evangelic' or conversion focused religion. With my experience and knowledge of RC I wouldn't assume that a Buddhist practitioner would have any spiritual alignment because they're not? the same? Again, I don't think she did it the right way at all, but I do understand her sentiments.

I think i agree with both you and @Lynn, I am super sensitive to religious stuff at the moment cause i've recently left an intense religion, so i really wouldnt like this kind of thing said to me, but thats MY problem.

i think whats out of order here was there was no need to take it to her IG stories, that must have felt really embarrassing for those who posted, and they were only offering really, they didnt say 'oh you're lost cause you're a heathen, you should follow god'. 

She spends so much damn time replying to 'hate', the easy and decent thing to do would have been to reply to them, thanking them but say that she's not religious and not interested

Posted

I'm subscribed to this guy and this video popped up. Linking so Kenna can watch!