• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Nicole Dollanganger

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Wait when did Nicole and matt break up?? Sorry I’m slow i guess adfjfhkll

Posted (edited)

Wait when did Nicole and matt break up?? Sorry I’m slow i guess adfjfhkll

from what I can tell at least a month ago. She is already dating a new guy, I can’t post pics yet due to my rank here, but her new boyfriend looks like a nazi to me. There are photos of him on her Instagram, or there were. He has a shaved head and I wonder who he is. Nicole’s mom still likes matts Instagram posts, but Nicole does not. Everyone on lolcow thinks she cheated on Matt.

Edited by agonot

Posted

from what I can tell at least a month ago. She is already dating a new guy, I can’t post pics yet due to my rank here, but her new boyfriend looks like a nazi to me. There are photos of him on her Instagram, or there were. He has a shaved head and I wonder who he is. Nicole’s mom still likes matts Instagram posts, but Nicole does not. Everyone on lolcow thinks she cheated on Matt.

I thought she started dating the new guy right after Matt got with her friend Cryspell/Rosie Diamond?

Posted (edited)

I thought she started dating the new guy right after Matt got with her friend Cryspell/Rosie Diamond?

the weird thing is, Rosie Diamond referred to Matt as a good friend, nothing more? Is it possible they were just working on her album? I am also pretty sure I saw Matt at her (Nicole’s) show in Toronto (photos of it, I wasnt there) so they don’t hate each other, she probably did not cheat on him. I just saw people speculating about it online. 

Edited by agonot
added (nicoles)

Posted

the weird thing is, Rosie Diamond referred to Matt as a good friend, nothing more? Is it possible they were just working on her album? I am also pretty sure I saw Matt at her (Nicole’s) show in Toronto (photos of it, I wasnt there) so they don’t hate each other, she probably did not cheat on him. I just saw people speculating about it online. 

Matt screen printed Nicole’s merch for the shows iirc

Posted

I didn't know who this person was, but the last name caught my eye. I binge read the summary of Flowers In The Attic and its sequels so I assumed "Oh this person must have romanticized the damn incest drama novels", and boy was I not surprised upon reading that particular section of the first post. :hmm:

Posted

Finally a thread about her! I used to listen to her music (back when the tumblr aesthetic trend was huge) and looking back...why. She just gives off really creepy vibes with her whole 'cute girl singing about sex and suicide' schtick, like Melanie Martinez or Yungelita (who isn't a singer but you get the idea). Shit like that shouldn't be romanticised in the first place. 

It is funny to read this after yungelita becoming a singer too

Posted

How many dudes has she dated? I never see anything about her relationships bc she seems to keep quiet about them.

Posted

New music video. Even more meh than the "Lemonade" one IMO.

Posted

New music video. Even more meh than the "Lemonade" one IMO.

as a big nicole fan, idk. I just feel like pretty underwhelmed about this video. I wish I understood her new aesthetic but I just don’t :/  I don’t really get the whole abandoned building-white dress-love motel-blonde wig-bugs thing. Maybe it’d be different if she actually had a story to go along with it but idk I don’t get it.

and I know I probably sound dumb but I really miss her old pink-creepy-taxidermy aesthetic a whole lot. It seemed much more personal & real than this? If that makes sense

Posted

I actually prefer this new video to the lemonade one. Neither video seemed to really fit their respective songs (in terms of narrative/visuals) but i guess I didn’t mind it as much with this new one. I think about halfway thru, all the slow, stagnant shots start to get a bit boring; but i think it looks really professionally done which is fairly impressive for such a small indie artist. (I mean i guess almost anyone can make a video look good nowadays, but ya know.)

Posted

as a big nicole fan, idk. I just feel like pretty underwhelmed about this video. I wish I understood her new aesthetic but I just don’t :/  I don’t really get the whole abandoned building-white dress-love motel-blonde wig-bugs thing. Maybe it’d be different if she actually had a story to go along with it but idk I don’t get it.

and I know I probably sound dumb but I really miss her old pink-creepy-taxidermy aesthetic a whole lot. It seemed much more personal & real than this? If that makes sense

Yeah, this is what I don't get. I think the location is cool, but what is the story? It doesn't fit the song at all except I guess that there is a shot of a heart shaped bed in it ?

I actually prefer this new video to the lemonade one. Neither video seemed to really fit their respective songs (in terms of narrative/visuals) but i guess I didn’t mind it as much with this new one. I think about halfway thru, all the slow, stagnant shots start to get a bit boring; but i think it looks really professionally done which is fairly impressive for such a small indie artist. (I mean i guess almost anyone can make a video look good nowadays, but ya know.)

Grimes' brother directed it. Idk anything about his credentials, but I would assume he has connections + experience. Nicole's friendship with Grimes has helped her out with the professionalism aspect a lot, but I feel like she's wasting it. They're both bad music videos that have almost nothing to do with the songs' content.

Posted

far as i know its the contrary

matt cheated on her with cryspell

Posted

So this is the famous video she was pumping up for the last 6 months. A lot of pretty shots for aesthetic tumblrinas to post on their blogs.

Posted

So this is the famous video she was pumping up for the last 6 months. A lot of pretty shots for aesthetic tumblrinas to post on their blogs.

yea...it’s pretty lack luster tbh. Apparently the next music video she’s gonna make is for lacrymaria olor according to this tweet

BCA4D92A-3C8C-4E3F-A982-1074C76D23E2.jpeg