• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Actress Taylor

209 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

* only my opinion *

i can't agree to those who are defenting her bc of her well "まあまあ日本語 " . 

just because of the fact that taylor lives almost two years in japan now. for someone who claims to love the culture and wants to be successful there she doesnt try hard to learn the language. maybe she doesn't see it as too neccessary at the moment. but honestly, if she really wanted to learn japanese than instead of buying useless expensive stuffs or driving everytime by taxi to her appointments , bc " madame is too rich and famous"  she could have spent her daddy's money for a good japanese teacher. in this case dakota was a lot more hard working than her

and yeah, maybe it was her first time as an actress but compare / next to yuichi she looks bad .... that's a fact 

Edited by _piggy_

Posted

* only my opinion *

i can't agree to those who are defenting her bc of her well "まあまあ日本語 " . 

just because of the fact that taylor lives almost two years in japan now. for someone who claims to love the culture and wants to be successful there she doesnt try hard to learn the language. maybe she doesn't see it as too neccessary at the moment. but honestly, if she really wanted to learn japanese than instead of buying useless expensive stuffs or driving everytime by taxi to her appointments , bc " madame is too rich and famous"  she could have spent her daddy's money for a good japanese teacher. in this case dakota was a lot more hard working than her

and yeah, maybe it was her first time as an actress but compare / next to yuichi she looks bad .... that's a fact 

I'm sorry but this supposed 'haughty' attitude is completely made up. You might not like her but to speculate about how she manages her finances or about her overall outlook on the world is a bit juvenile, no? To me it sounds like she put a lot of effort in practising her lines. I know I couldn't have pulled it off like she did lol. Also, I agree that she's a bit slow with learning Japanese since she's lived there for two years but honestly I don't think it's up to anyone to make demands about how fast/slow she should learn a language, since some people are simply better at it than others.

Posted

What annoys me the most is really her character マリー, because she seems like a caricature (i hope its the right word) of a western girl, interested in japanese culture. Even her clothing is like a joke (I know many people here like it and thats not a problem! Its cute! But combined with her personality here and these clothes its over-the-top like piggy mentioned). But I think its because more and more western girls like her are coming to Japan? Its a cliche, I know, but I think thats the reason why they created such a character. And honestly, I dont want to think of me, a western girl, as a joke. Sorry maybe I take this too far. Maybe I interpreting too much. Of course I still love Japan! :alpacaworry2:

Here is one of the best acting scenes lol This is gold xD You have to watch it! (sorry for so many screenshots!)

tay7.png

tay8.png

tay9.png

tay10.png

tay11.png

tay12.png

tay13.png

Omg in that scene with the furniture maker... SHE WAS SO ANNOYING. Damn she was annoying all the time! I know that her character supposed to be annoying but what really pissed me off was not at all related to the character. It was her lip-biting, cheek-puffing, eyes force-opening, her childlike behavior and YELLING. Damn that was annoying as hell! Seriously... I don't get why female eastern idols have to act like kids. Grown up women acting like stupid preschoolers. Why is that considered to be attractive? It's just so stupid and SO DAMN ANNOYING! AAAARGH!

Posted

I was with people while looking at these screenshots and then everybody kept talking about how cute she is and demanded to watch the drama. taytay fanbase has expanded. Oops. xD

Posted

I agree that the acting isn't top notch (the Japanese I cannot judge) but in her defence I have to say 1. the character she played was obviously supposed to be the annoying hyper foreign girl and 2. for someone who does not speak (fluent) Japanese and who has had limited to no prior acting experience, I have to credit her for her guts and honestly it could have been a lot worse. Like I'm confident some other Canadian ditz would have completely messed it up. Also, who cares? A lot of people (someone posted a link to a forum on lolcow that I google translated) are raving about her beautiful doll-like appearance, so this is gonna boost her career in one way or another. If not in acting then at least in modeling.

Youtube isn't acting?

Posted

Youtube isn't acting?

Idk if that was sarcastic/ a rhetorical question or not, but in all seriousness, YT does not count as "proper" acting. I think Taylor puts on a character, in that she has created "Taylor R" as a brand and has to have a character that reflects/ represents that, but it's not the same as acting in a drama.

Acting also includes "range", i.e. how many different characters an actor can portray. If Taylor cannot portray a character other than annoying-gaijin-weeaboo-girl, she will be type cast into those roles.

Posted

@AngelHair hi, first of all, money that she has really is from her daddy, that is not a speculation, it's a famous thing, Taylor is much more rich than you imagine.

Second, *piggy* wrote in the beginning to make it clear it's just her opinion (although about the money thing, it's not opinion, it's a fact).

Third, PULL's rules allow speculation, as long as it's clear it's just an opinion. 

@Siwon Really?? Before, maybe a year ago, I showed some cute pics of Taylor (cutest I could find, from this edited Kotaclone look) to some of people around me and they looked me in shock and were like "what the fuck is wrong with you, why are you showing this, gross". So I stopped lol. In my environment people find t hideous. Can't plane them, but I think she looks gross only after surgery and on these bloated screenshots from the movie. 

So interesting that people around you find this cute! Let us know what they think about the drama if they see it :)

__

P.S. I cringe every time somebody refers to her as "taytay". "Taytay" is what she calls herself when she appeals to her weeaboo fans, and it sounds almost as if she calls herself "Tay-chan". So retarded. 

(Please note this is not a personal attack on any of you, because it's not you who started to use that "nickname" in social media. It's her. You are just projecting her words. 

Ok if it's dropped casually in conversation in Japanese, when said by somebody to her, but when one calls themself like that, that's very annoying and embarrasing behaviour.)

Posted

@AngelHair hi, first of all, money that she has really is from her daddy, that is not a speculation, it's a famous thing, Taylor is much more rich than you imagine.

Second, *piggy* wrote in the beginning to make it clear it's just her opinion (although about the money thing, it's not opinion, it's a fact).

Third, PULL's rules allow speculation, as long as it's clear it's just an opinion. 

@Siwon Really?? Before, maybe a year ago, I showed some cute pics of Taylor (cutest I could find, from this edited Kotaclone look) to some of people around me and they looked me in shock and were like "what the fuck is wrong with you, why are you showing this, gross". So I stopped lol. In my environment people find t hideous. Can't plane them, but I think she looks gross only after surgery and on these bloated screenshots from the movie. 

So interesting that people around you find this cute! Let us know what they think about the drama if they see it :)

__

P.S. I cringe every time somebody refers to her as "taytay". "Taytay" is what she calls herself when she appeals to her weeaboo fans, and it sounds almost as if she calls herself "Tay-chan". So retarded. 

(Please note this is not a personal attack on any of you, because it's not you who started to use that "nickname" in social media. It's her. You are just projecting her words. 

Ok if it's dropped casually in conversation in Japanese, when said by somebody to her, but when one calls themself like that, that's very annoying and embarrasing behaviour.)

Well, none of these people are white. So to them foreign (white) girl attempting Japanese appeals to them and makes her attractive. xD Btw they found Venus gross and Dakota okay. hahahaha... :/ 

I do use Taytay as tongue-in-cheek, personally. But I've met a few few Taylor's that refer to themselves as that, also Taylor Swift. Damn Taylors. 9_9

Posted

Idk if that was sarcastic/ a rhetorical question or not, but in all seriousness, YT does not count as "proper" acting. I think Taylor puts on a character, in that she has created "Taylor R" as a brand and has to have a character that reflects/ represents that, but it's not the same as acting in a drama.

Acting also includes "range", i.e. how many different characters an actor can portray. If Taylor cannot portray a character other than annoying-gaijin-weeaboo-girl, she will be type cast into those roles.

Before she had that Loli period. Acted overly cute and innocent so I would count it as acting. 

Posted

i didn't think her acting was all that bad considering it's her first time and it wasn't in her first language. i've seen a ton of jdramas tho and the acting isn't always that great to begin with lol... her jp is very robotic but i think if she wanted to she could do fine doing more dramas. i doubt she would have very many options tho if she wanted to go down that path... i don't think people are usually interested in casting a foreigner that isn't asian

Posted

I think she did a great job acting for a first-timer. She is really pretty in film too. I like her drama so far :alpacacrush:

Posted

I can't wait for her to grow in each episode with her cating. Honestly she could of done worse . She will improve not everyone is great at acting on their first try

Posted

5 things I just couldn't shake off while watching this:

1) Her terrible pronunciation/accent...

2) Her character was annoying af. Sorry. It's hard to like her when every scene with her in it was so cringe worthy. It made it almost unbearable to watch.

3) In my opinion, Japanese acting is really not the best. It's very rare when I find myself watching a JP film or drama and I actually forget that they're all actors. That guy and ESPECIALLY Taylor were not believable... she was TOO much.

4) Every time she speaks she sounds like she's having an orgasm. She breathes so deeply and heavily every time she opens her mouth. It's really odd. I was like, "dam gurl, chill. Don't cum yet."

5) She's so friggin tall! I think the hyper peppy type would match more to a short girl. It's weird seeing her running around all hyper and such with her long, lanky body. 

Overall, I didn't like it. But it was interesting watching her perform for the first time. I wish she had portrayed a much more graceful and calm character. I think that would have been more fitting to her real self. (Even though I know it's just acting and it's not something you can choose but, still.)

Posted

Ofcourse you can speculate, I never said that was against the rules. Everyone does that, including myself. But I was merely pointing out that, among other allegations, claiming she feels 'too rich and famous' to put effort into her career says more about your own character than that of hers. Plenty of people say negative things Taylor her but they don't put words into her mouth. 

Anyway, does anyone know when her next episode (if there is one) will air?