• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Actress Taylor

209 posts in this topic

Posted

It is a Japanese women for sure, I just listened to it without watching and you can hear so much that's a native speaker. It doesn't even come close to her voice. Also, she has a strong accent and alwys failed to pronounce even the easiest words in Japanese.

Seems to be about love though, not freindship. So prepare for jealous fan girls of this dude lol

The concept of the Drama is really cheap and unoriginal (like so many others) but I still would like to see how she presents herself in it. 

Posted

I'm super pumped for this but I also feel as if she's not going to be a great actress. Maybe I'm saying that because I've never seen her actually portray any acting skills before. She might be amazing for all I know..

Posted (edited)

From twitter

tay2.thumb.png.909f9bf01bbb248336aca708d

tay3.png

tay4.png

tay5.png

tay6.png

tay7.png

Edited by *horizon*

Posted (edited)

an anon on lolcow posted a link to this (thanks for saving me the trouble of digging around for a video, honestly) 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3l28re

she's just so.......i don't even know...the only response i can think of is - why ??? (the whole cheek puffing and acting like a 5 year old like, it just doesn't really work for her, i don't know ) 

Edited by vader_chan

Posted (edited)

@vader_chan thanks so much for the link!

Oh, its seems its her voice. Not so bad I have to say (especially because she couldnt speak japanese at all) ! Could it be that its not always her voice? Sometimes it doesnt sound like her voice. Her voice is deep and she has a quite heavy accent, but sometimes its high and fluent! oO And her acting is weird! Tooooo exeggerated!

tay1.png

Watch around 3:40 its switches from the japanese voice to her real voice! Its obvious because even the sound changes! Another example, at 6.40 its again her own voice, its slower and you can noticed she as to concentrate to speak japanese (but it is not bad!). (compare it to the voice at around 7:00 (or 7:36 "なぜそのこと", and at 14:50 its a long section with her own voice), its jumps between these two voices)

tay2.png

tay3.png

Edited by *horizon*

Posted

@vader_chan thanks so much for the link!

Oh, its seems its her voice. Not so bad I have to say (especially because she couldnt speak japanese at all) !

tay1.png

She-tal-king-li-ke-she-is-rea-ding...

and not good at acting...the crying scenes are horrible 

she should stay by modelling and youtube videos

tay.jpg

Posted

She-tal-king-li-ke-she-is-rea-ding...

and not good at acting...the crying scenes are horrible 

she should stay by modelling and youtube videos

tay.jpg

Exacty when its her voice it really sounds scripted. I think so too. Its not totally bad, and it was her first time acting (I have to consider that), but its really weird. :derp:

Posted

The swollen cheeks, I'm dying!! Omf, her face is like fugu, like Kota when she appeared on tv for the first time. So swollen :o

thanks for confirmind everything Taylor ;)

her eyes are also weird, her right one is much more open than the left one. She always edits that

image.png

kek, good job :megusta:

Posted

I have to say the girl she is playing is kind of annoying. WTH....

tay4.png

Posted

I have to say the girl she is playing is kind of annoying. WTH....

tay4.png

I think thats why they casted a foreign girl?

The swollen cheeks, I'm dying!! Omf, her face is like fugu, like Kota when she appeared on tv for the first time. So swollen :o

thanks for confirmind everything Taylor ;)

her eyes are also weird, her right one is much more open than the left one. She always edits that

image.png

kek, good job :megusta:

Thats just anatomy. Every human has one eye bigger than the other one, but by some people is it more visible than by others.

Posted

The difference in eyes is absolutely no problem, it's just so lame that she always edits it and claims she doesn't. Now we have almost a movie prooving it.

About the drama lol :D:D I just watched first 5 min, and I don't think I can manage much more. This is such a garbage with such a bad and boring acting (not just Taylor), looks like the budget that they had is 0, and even I didn't excpect it to be low quality, this is much worse than I thought.

I thought Taylor wants some kind of quality at least, but she only wants quantity... this "drama" is awful

Posted

tay5.png

tay6.png

Posted (edited)

i am putting my two cents here !

i agree with all of you that her acting and japanese skills are bad. it really must have been a cheap production. and also her role in this dorama is annoying af. i noticed that the male actor often seemed bored ~ haha !!!

But honestly , in this dorama taylor represents all the crazy foreigner weaboos girls , very well. The style and overacting , reminds me of venus or himezawa ... idk why ! however, no need to mention her fucked up face there and why does she always have to widen her eyes so much ??! it looks scary ... 

all in all, the dorama was boring and taylor wasn't the big hit , as i have expected. i am curious if her career is going to be pushed now or if she is staying at the same level.

here are some screenshots ( not " my chocolate site" pictures of taylor ) 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

( hello joker )

Edited by _piggy_

Posted (edited)

I agree that the acting isn't top notch (the Japanese I cannot judge) but in her defence I have to say 1. the character she played was obviously supposed to be the annoying hyper foreign girl and 2. for someone who does not speak (fluent) Japanese and who has had limited to no prior acting experience, I have to credit her for her guts and honestly it could have been a lot worse. Like I'm confident some other Canadian ditz would have completely messed it up. Also, who cares? A lot of people (someone posted a link to a forum on lolcow that I google translated) are raving about her beautiful doll-like appearance, so this is gonna boost her career in one way or another. If not in acting then at least in modeling.

Edited by AngelHair

Posted (edited)

What annoys me the most is really her character マリー, because she seems like a caricature (i hope its the right word) of a western girl, interested in japanese culture. Even her clothing is like a joke (I know many people here like it and thats not a problem! Its cute! But combined with her personality here and these clothes its over-the-top like piggy mentioned). But I think its because more and more western girls like her are coming to Japan? Its a cliche, I know, but I think thats the reason why they created such a character. And honestly, I dont want to think of me, a western girl, as a joke. Sorry maybe I take this too far. Maybe I interpreting too much. Of course I still love Japan! :alpacaworry2:

Here is one of the best acting scenes lol This is gold xD You have to watch it! (sorry for so many screenshots!)

tay7.png

tay8.png

tay9.png

tay10.png

tay11.png

tay12.png

tay13.png

Edited by *horizon*