• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Actress Taylor

209 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm confused, are you guys saying that taylor herself is a drug addict or that "marie" , the character she is playing, is a drug addict?

My Japanese is not the best but out of all the articles I have read on this drama nowhere does it say anything about her character having a drug addiction.

Edited by Serenity
Mispelled a word

Posted

i am kinda happy to see that there are japanese people who aren't too blind to see how fake taylor is. 

lol ~ to the pic which @Detective.Oreki has posted from the girls channel site (≧∇≦)! idk but i have made a comparison and i think that someone has edited her uglier 

image.thumb.jpg.4555b4fdb3c79ca229a19934

however i love this edited pic bc in my opinion her inside is that ugly

moreover i found this from tv-tokyo's site

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/shokuninsan/

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

i am kinda curious what the movie is about bc as far as i know taylor is playing a canadian girl in japan. and did not someone mention here that this girl is drug addict ?

i am wondering, bc to me in those screenshots she looks more like a gaijin weabooo who likes japanese Fashion style.  can't imagine that a drug addict woman wears lolita fashion (@[email protected])

LOL! *Highfive* ( *´艸`) Yeah, it's such a funny picture, I liked it. I guess it's contrasted/took out the blinding lights/not much edit since her flawlessness/nose/lips are in place/same shape as it should be. Also, thank you for the screencap! It made my day lmao. I wondered if it was really an edited/contrasted picture, since Taylor did removed her videos (not sure which one) and re-uploaded. :lamasad:

It'd be crazy funny if this picture is real. Since her youtube/pictures always has too much light/filter in it. :lamaheadshake:

I've yet to read her full character's description, I'll do that! :alpacacrush:

Posted

Taylor definitely does look her age as seen in older unedited videos. She doesn't look older or old in general. Comparing her to a japanese person is a bit mean because it's no secret that many japanese people look younger compared to western people. Also, he has an overly cute look going on, makes him look even younger. Taylor only has make up and fashion to look younger (since photoshop isn't by her site this time). Also she is tall, has a deep voice, for most japanese people and people on here interested in japanese fashion (=used to their looks) she appears older. I know alot of people in my age (17) looking very close to her. 

To her wanting to be younger, she is in Japan. Looking as youthful as possible is a huge trend even for normal people. How I mentioned before, they already look younger than most western people. It sure puts a lot of pressure on her and she simply tries to fit in. I don't like her too much but she isn't the worst snowflake on here and yeah, she has money and influence thanks to her family but she is still working for her dreams. 

She only should stop with being something she isn't. I don't mean her cute style but her trying to be Dakota. 

Posted (edited)

For me her age, or how old she looks or doesnt look, is not a problem. I think the model and fashion industry is stupid to say that girls/women have to be a certain age. I mean, I see so many girls in magazines or on the internet where I think "damn, she looks like 30 but she is really pretty", and it turns out that most of these girsl are only 18 or even 16 years old!! I don't get it!!! Isnt it better to look like 20 although you are 30, instead of looking like 30 although you are just 18 years old? I know that they want young girls, because they can work for a longer time, but some of these girls will look like 40 when they are just 30 years old. That makes not sense! And I think Taylor looks like a girl in her twenties and thats fine! But we will see how she will appear in this drama! ;)

What annoys me the most is, that she tries to COVER UP her lies by making videos like her iphone or her camera equipment video, to convince everybody that its her natural look and its just the fault of her camera etc that she appears like a totally different person in her videos and pictures! Dakota never put so much effort in her lies lololololol! When people asked her she lied too, of course! Has Dakota done a video like Taylor? I'm honestly not sure anymore! :hmm:

(edit: I know that Dakota heavily edits her videos but what I meant is that she never tried to fool everybody with videos like Taylor did. I just remember this eye poking photo, where she wanted to convince people that she doesnt wear circle lenses xD )

Edited by *horizon*

Posted (edited)

Taylor definitely does look her age as seen in older unedited videos. She doesn't look older or old in general. Comparing her to a japanese person is a bit mean because it's no secret that many japanese people look younger compared to western people. Also, he has an overly cute look going on, makes him look even younger. Taylor only has make up and fashion to look younger (since photoshop isn't by her site this time). Also she is tall, has a deep voice, for most japanese people and people on here interested in japanese fashion (=used to their looks) she appears older. I know alot of people in my age (17) looking very close to her. 

To her wanting to be younger, she is in Japan. Looking as youthful as possible is a huge trend even for normal people. How I mentioned before, they already look younger than most western people. It sure puts a lot of pressure on her and she simply tries to fit in. I don't like her too much but she isn't the worst snowflake on here and yeah, she has money and influence thanks to her family but she is still working for her dreams. 

She only should stop with being something she isn't. I don't mean her cute style but her trying to be Dakota. 

I have to agree with everything you said on here, I think some people on here are being a bit harsh about her age and acting as if she is an "elderly person." But I agree with you that she should stop trying to mimic Dakota but if she wants to wear a cute style she can, just not blatanly looking just like Dakota. I say as far as dressing your age comments about her I keep hearing that my philosphy is this: Dress however the *beep* you want, and don't have to give in to society and dress like a grandma/grandpa/eldery clothing if you don't want to, and if people make a fuss who cares if it makes you happy, wear what makes you happy. I remember seeing a coffee table book at the bookstore of some elder ladies who dress however they want called Advanced Style, I thought that those ladies were cool for doing whatever makes them happy. I'm around Taylor's age and I don't give a crap about comforming to society by dressing in boring "old lady clothes,"  and late 20s is not that old, sheesh if people think late 20s is "old" then man...  But still I think Taylor should not copy Dakota and look like her clone she can dress in cute styles though if she wants.

Edited by Flower123

Posted

For me her age, or how old she looks or doesnt look, is not a problem. I think the model and fashion industry is stupid to say that girls/women have to be a certain age. I mean, I see so many girls in magazines or on the internet where I think "damn, she looks like 30 but she is really pretty", and it turns out that most of these girsl are only 18 or even 16 years old!! I don't get it!!! Isnt it better to look like 20 although you are 30, instead of looking like 30 although you are just 18 years old? I know that they want young girls, because they can work for a longer time, but some of these girls will look like 40 when they are just 30 years old. That makes not sense! And I think Taylor looks like a girl in her twenties and thats fine! But we will see how she will appear in this drama! ;)

What annoys me the most is, that she tries to COVER UP her lies by making videos like her iphone or her camera equipment video, to convince everybody that its her natural look and its just the fault of her camera etc that she appears like a totally different person in her videos and pictures! Dakota never put so much effort in her lies lololololol! When people asked her she lied too, of course! Has Dakota done a video like Taylor? I'm honestly not sure anymore! :hmm:

(edit: I know that Dakota heavily edits her videos but what I meant is that she never tried to fool everybody with videos like Taylor did. I just remember this eye poking photo, where she wanted to convince people that she doesnt wear circle lenses xD )

I want to fulfil this *horizon*'s post because I'm sure somebody will misunderstand it.

When *horizon* said Taylor tries to cover up and Dakota is not lying like that, it doesn't mean Dakota is honest; it means that Dakota is lying so obviously that one can just laugh, a baby can spot her lies. Also, Dakota is maintaining her cold blooded bitch image and she doesn't put much effort to make people believe her. Taylor, on the other hand, is trying SO HARD to keep her lies on point. PULL mention her knees, she makes lame joke about her knees that only people on here can notice and understand. PULL talks about her makeup, she does a failure of makeup video shooted from far. PULL points out that tripod-san is taking her photos and videos, not Taylor alone like she sweared, then Taylor posts a photo of her "taking video by real tripod", and the photo itself is made by tripod-san. PULL says she is doing Photoshop, Taylor posts shitty fake video of her "using apps only".

Yeah Dakota is a lying freak, and she has a bad image because of it, and she deserves it.

Taylor is lying freak as well, she is not evil like Ostrengas, but she is making it up by building her good girl image based on small small lies, that make one huge lie because she lies everywhere. And she can get away with it because of her social status.

Posted (edited)

I knew that they would make a voice over for her!!!! Thats the easiest way to hide her "bad" (not really but she is still a beginner) japanese! I really want to know what she thinks about it and if she will claim its her voice!

edit: but now I wonder even more why they took her in the first place?

Edited by *horizon*

Posted

I disagree about that not being her voice, If that wasn't her voice wouldn't they mention it somewhere and give credit to the voice over person then? I feel like having a voice over person would atleast be a big enough significance to mention the voice actor's name by now.

Posted (edited)

I disagree about that not being her voice, If that wasn't her voice wouldn't they mention it somewhere and give credit to the voice over person then? I feel like having a voice over person would atleast be a big enough significance to mention the voice actor's name by now.

That is definitely a japanese person speaking for her. Her voice doesnt sound like that, it sounds like a japanese native speakers voice. In her old videos she tried to speak in a high pitched japanese voice (that didnt sound like this one) and in her new videos you can hear her sometimes speak japanese (that also doesnt sound like this voice here). Sorry I dont want to soud rude! :alpacadone:

edit: And I remember Dakotas start in Japan. Every event, video was scripted, because the japanese industry (fashion, model etc) wanted to make everybody believe that Dakota is fluent in japanese. Now she is of course, but at the beginning she could speak just a few words. And I guess in Taylors case they do the same. So they wont mention this persons name.

Edited by *horizon*

Posted

I can't see a video on that page :( And the page loads forever for me...

Posted

Thank you~

As expected she does look different from her edited videos... and her Japanese... I dunno, it's hard to tell but it does seem a bit "too native" to be her own spoken Japanese. But who knows, maybe she improved sooooooooooooooo much in just a few weeks because she is sooooooooooo talented and we all underestimated her :haiplz:

Posted (edited)

@Serenity @amayuchan By the way in her Opening christmas gifts video she mentioned right at the beginning the voice over herself! ;) I just remembered it and watched the first minutes again.

edit:So I think (hope) that she is honest about that, which is good!

Edited by *horizon*

Posted (edited)

Without the full episode, I can't be 100% sure if that's Taylor's real voice or not, but I'm leaning 60% that it's not her real voice. Like it was mentioned, it's too fast, too fluid, and the accent is of a native speaker. I can't really see her mouth in the video when she speaks, so I won't go 100% on anything. She also only says a short phrase, so it's possible that the whole episode has her saying really short phrases in Japanese and saying some stuff in English, in which case all she needed to do was to drill those phrases to death.

Edited by redbowkiki