Actress Taylor

207 posts in this topic

Posted

So she's basically just playing herself? :hurrplz: Such achievement, much acting :doge:

Posted

i don't understand.  i dont have netflix so can somebody say the premise?  is it like a reality type show or a comedy or what?

at first i was kinda surprised by the lack of hair/makeup (she clearly did her makeup herself and her hair-- roots are undyed and hair is weirdly flat and limp?) but maybe she was supposed to be a backpack type foreigner??

and then what's with the medieval costume?? i don't get it lol but she looks cuter in that one.

wonder what the budget was like bc it's clear she did her own makeup... maybe she insisted?

Posted

Is it a web drama? Those usually have smaller budget than Tv dramas, and it would explain Taylor's own makeup and lack of nice hairstyle, unless the director decided that that's what stereotypical American girl looks like - bad hair and a hoodie. 

She's wearing her usual makeup, and yikes do those bulging under-eye bags look weird in non-edited video. Her lips and cheeks look different shape from her own videos too. In the hostorical costume she looks cuter, probably because of the bangs.

Posted (edited)

Is it a web drama? Those usually have smaller budget than Tv dramas, and it would explain Taylor's own makeup and lack of nice hairstyle, unless the director decided that that's what stereotypical American girl looks like - bad hair and a hoodie. 

She's wearing her usual makeup, and yikes do those bulging under-eye bags look weird in non-edited video. Her lips and cheeks look different shape from her own videos too. In the hostorical costume she looks cuter, probably because of the bangs.

Yeah, I wondered about that too.  She clearly did her own make-up.  It reminds me of all the "low-budget movie" jokes Penny makes in the TV series Big Bang Theory and Joey in "friends".  

Taylor doesn't look very good on the cameras.  I think she put on her normal make-up and hairstyle and didn't think about how the set lighting can really affect things.  I had a friend who majored in stage make-up, and those movie or stage lights can really cause odd affects on your face if you don't compensate for the extra lighting.  

I forget how my friend described it, but I know you don't want to wear the make-up that Taylor normally wears when she's staring dead-on in a camera with normal lighting.  That doesn't work with set lighting.  That's probably why her face looks bloated and her hair rather limp.  

With the right make up and hair work, those lights can do wonders on your appearance.  But choose wrong, and they'll make you look like a dead fish.  

Here's an article about it.  Taylor seems to have just done her normal make up routine, but that was a bad idea. Movie and TV set make up does a different job than what make up in real life does.  

http://cybercollege.com/makeup.htm

Edited by All Over The World

Posted

It's not a web drama, it's a Netflix drama. See Good Morning Call which was extremely popular even overseas. No idea about the budget though, but GMC and the other Netflix dramas I've seen so far all looked rather normal/good.

I'm guessing they allowed her to because they wanted the online Taylor how she is.

I can't watch the full thing right now, but the basic story of that episode was already explained here. Taylor is at that restaurant and the owner talks badly about them because they're not speaking Japanese at all. The main character decides to approach them and help them out. They can order like that. The next time they appear Taylor is filming the chef at cooking and gets told to stop that, the main character tells her not to film. They go sit back down and Taylor says "I'm so hungry, I hope it comes soon". In between she also squished out a really bad "Arigatou" when they got their beers and food. The chef gets really angry at them because they're seasoning their yakitori wrongly. Taylor has a piece of meat poked onto her chopstick... The main character suddenly has a throwback to the past in his imagination where a samurai appears as the chef threatens the foreign couple (this is the part with the costumes). Taylor's hair looks really nice here. Then there's a knight and they're all fighting. They get freed. Everything turns out well in the real world too (except for the chef still being bitter).

The thing is, Westerners usually always look like they're wearing normal to no makeup in Japanese dramas. For that drama the purpose was probably the same as it usually is, to make them look natural. The whole setting is supposed to be as natural as possible and since I'm guessing they booked her because she could catch some foreign viewers (since it's available worldwide), that's probably why they booked her. Her face looks mostly awful though and it's like they picked her up at home, made her sit in that restaurant and the rest happened all by itself. Let's say she didn't need to change for the role.

fgnfgmfhk.jpg

fgnfgmfhk2.jpg

fgnfgmfhk3.jpg

fgnfgmfhk4.jpg

Posted

It's not a web drama, it's a Netflix drama. See Good Morning Call which was extremely popular even overseas. No idea about the budget though, but GMC and the other Netflix dramas I've seen so far all looked rather normal/good.

I'm guessing they allowed her to because they wanted the online Taylor how she is.

I can't watch the full thing right now, but the basic story of that episode was already explained here. Taylor is at that restaurant and the owner talks badly about them because they're not speaking Japanese at all. The main character decides to approach them and help them out. They can order like that. The next time they appear Taylor is filming the chef at cooking and gets told to stop that, the main character tells her not to film. They go sit back down and Taylor says "I'm so hungry, I hope it comes soon". In between she also squished out a really bad "Arigatou" when they got their beers and food. The chef gets really angry at them because they're seasoning their yakitori wrongly. Taylor has a piece of meat poked onto her chopstick... The main character suddenly has a throwback to the past in his imagination where a samurai appears as the chef threatens the foreign couple (this is the part with the costumes). Taylor's hair looks really nice here. Then there's a knight and they're all fighting. They get freed. Everything turns out well in the real world too (except for the chef still being bitter).

The thing is, Westerners usually always look like they're wearing normal to no makeup in Japanese dramas. For that drama the purpose was probably the same as it usually is, to make them look natural. The whole setting is supposed to be as natural as possible and since I'm guessing they booked her because she could catch some foreign viewers (since it's available worldwide), that's probably why they booked her. Her face looks mostly awful though and it's like they picked her up at home, made her sit in that restaurant and the rest happened all by itself. Let's say she didn't need to change for the role.

fgnfgmfhk.jpg

fgnfgmfhk2.jpg

fgnfgmfhk3.jpg

fgnfgmfhk4.jpg

okay, i understand it more now, thank you.  she looks very cute in the medieval costume.

what a strange role to book though.  i wonder why she hasnt talked about it.  its fairly high profile?  it's available worldwide...

Posted

fgnfgmfhk4.jpg

She looks kinda terrifying in this photo, like her lower face looks so big and her nose looks odd :alpacadone: 

Posted

The problem is that her cheek and forehead fillers make her face look extremely disproportionate. If she did her eye makeup a little more westernized, her eyes would look better making her face more proportionate, instead of small dead eyes with those contacts. 

taylor pull.jpg

Pink_Bird.jpg

Posted

If anything she's really looking her age in those pics. Like a 30 yo who's done cosmetic surgery in order to look young :/ Maybe it was due to poor diet but she just doesn't look good. 

Posted

and that hair, man, that hair does *not* suit her at all. she looks so blah with it, maybe in selfie-camera mode or vlog mode it looks tmblr-ish, but for the most part irl it makes her look like a worn out soccer mom, whose husband is cheating on her, and she just doesn't care for her appearance. If she is that unconfident about her face, she should just chop it off and use the bob (preferably curly) to cover her cheeks. I feel this strong desire to chop off her ponytail, and tell her "you are free my little one, you can stop trying to look young and failing at it, you can wear your pretty clothes and prettier makeup now, fly my litttle birdie, flyyyyy" :happee:

Posted

Being fair, does anybody know what kind of camera lense sizes are used in the film industry?
Since we know, she uses completely different size to make her face look slimmer and its said, that tv cameras add some "weight".

Posted

Oh wow, I didn't know she had re appeared in a drama. One of the people in my Japanese class recommended it to me a few weeks but I never gave it much thought.

I guess I'm going to have to watch it now