• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Actress Taylor

209 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

White people calling Japan racist :hurrplz:

Seriously, 99% of white people coming to Japan are exactly like this, no wonder they're made fun of. I actually believe many white people on this forum are exactly like this too and just jealous because people like Taylor actually achieved something while they rot in their mass of weeabo shit. 

I too am a minority, Hispanic in fact, but are you seriously pulling the "other white people are jealous" card? That's such a snow flakey thing to say *that because said snowflake is popular, other people are jealous.* I know when you see other snowflakes say " the people on PULL are just jealous," you'd laugh at it. It doesn't matter if they're European, Japanese, or from outer space, everyone is racist and it doesn't have to be openly. Anyone would be an idiot to go up to someone and tell them they dislike them because they're a certain race.

But seriously, this conversation is way off topic. What the hell is going on with everyone arguing on PULL? This is ridiculous. If you want a discussion topic for "SJW" or "Racism," then hop onto the tumblr, or make a separate thread here. 

So I guess there's your "hate" message. I don't dislike you at all, just your statement  :haiplz:

And yes, Taylor's acting sucks.

Edited by Lady

Posted

This got way out of hand facepalm.gif Basically, my point is that Taylor can only play really "loud rich white girl" roles. This is partly to do with her skills as an actress, partly to do with the industry in Japan; her Japanese isn't good enough, and she has an accent (actually less than when she speaks Cantonese, so I guess Japanese is better for her). She'll basically be the go-to actress to play a loud American because that's what the entertainment industry/ w/e think Americans are like.

I think if she could speak other languages then it might different and she might get to play different nationalities, but she can't (she's Canadian so I had expected her to have some level of French :Alpacaconfused:). So yea, I don't see her getting roles any different than the two she's already played.

Posted

This got way out of hand facepalm.gif Basically, my point is that Taylor can only play really "loud rich white girl" roles. This is partly to do with her skills as an actress, partly to do with the industry in Japan; her Japanese isn't good enough, and she has an accent (actually less than when she speaks Cantonese, so I guess Japanese is better for her). She'll basically be the go-to actress to play a loud American because that's what the entertainment industry/ w/e think Americans are like.

I think if she could speak other languages then it might different and she might get to play different nationalities, but she can't (she's Canadian so I had expected her to have some level of French :Alpacaconfused:). So yea, I don't see her getting roles any different than the two she's already played.

IMO as her armchair manager, she should have went with Mandarin. I watch Mandarin dramas and movies all the time and they have many foreigners in there who they don't portray as horribly as Japanese seem to do. But Japan is her passion like many other weebs and I guess she doesn't look into it this much or even care so long as she's getting the ~fame~ 

We should probably just drop the "Japan is so racist" debate every time she pops up in a show because that will be the role she will always play. Japanese dramas/movies don't get much international attention so they can continue to do what they want (unlike Korea who now gets international attention for every blackface or racist comment because of the popularity of their media)

Posted

Yeah, I didn't want my comment to start such a huge debate, I just stated my opinion. I'm sorry.
Although I have to say, can people please stop with this "white people this, white people that" bullsh*it?
I am living in Japan, I've lived in different cities in Japan, I've got my own experiences and I think some people forget that racism comes in different forms and not just the typical "hate"/"making fun of" etc. (Like the question: "And when are you going back home?/ When are you going back to *insert country*" at university)
And one of my friends actually wrote a thesis about how foreigners are portrayed in Japanese TV (using You ha nani shi ni nippon he as well), it's a thing.
But yes, this is way too OT and doesn't belong here. Just wanted to make myself clear and also ... really? Did someone seriously play the "jealousy card"? ¬¬ *sigh*

So back to topic:
I really can't decide what to think about her face.
Like in some shots it was quite nice, in others its just a huge pufferfish. But in my opinion, her hair plays a huge role. Like, it makes her and her face look better than it would look without that mass of hair (I'm actually quite jealous here ..)

Posted (edited)

''Jealousy card'' didn't know you have a word for that but hey, then tell me why weebs hate other weebs so much although they have much in common? Which other reason could there be instead of being jealous for not being in their glorious fetishized country while seeing other weebs achiving exacty this? I am honestly curious. I was always wondering about that. By certain people posting in the snowflake sections I often got this vibe that they're just saying this because they themselves didn't get this chance but would be just the same if they did. It's not uncommon for people like this thinking they're better than many snowflakes on here even though they're actually just as bad or worse. I often wanted to say this because there definetly are these kind of people on here, I just never mentioned this before.

I am sorry that I offended some people, probably, seeing that it got downvoted. I didn't mean everyone who is white but for these people who are like I said, I am in no way sorry. When I am angry I have a hard time controlling my way to use words, that might happen often.

You mentioned pufferfish and I autimatically had to think of Rola, maybe some people like these type of faces? Isn't Rola quite famous over there, same goes for her exaggerated expressions, foolish behaviour and rude way of speaking. Many foreign talents or half talents try to imitate some things she does. Even Dakota copied the famous ''gap'' thing to appeal as the funny, charming, awkward yet pretty foreign girl.

Edit: Idk why the text in the quotes is all black..

Edited by Kuroneko

Posted

You mentioned pufferfish and I autimatically had to think of Rola, maybe some people like these type of faces? Isn't Rola quite famous over there, same goes for her exaggerated expressions, foolish behaviour and rude way of speaking. Many foreign talents or half talents try to imitate some things she does. Even Dakota copied the famous ''gap'' thing to appeal as the funny, charming, awkward yet pretty foreign girl.

Edit: Idk why the text in the quotes is all black..

Yea but Rola's puffer fish face is an act, Taylor's is actually real...

Rola's appeal is the mismatch of her personality to her model pictures. She never has that cute ditzy look in her model pics, but on TV she does. Also she acts in a way that makes it a lot of people realise/ understand that it's a ruse, whereas Taylor is actually that bad at Japanese and is rude out of ignorance.

I guess Taylor's appeal is how nice/ sweet she is, so she doesn't really need that gap moe thing.

Posted

Today I happened to be a couple stations away from where the "drama" posters were put up so I went to see if they were still there. I looked everywhere and there were none left. I don't know when they were taken down but they were put up like 3 weeks ago.

Posted

Today I happened to be a couple stations away from where the "drama" posters were put up so I went to see if they were still there. I looked everywhere and there were none left. I don't know when they were taken down but they were put up like 3 weeks ago.

Considering it was a 1-off show, I'm not surprised by how quickly it was taken down. Also, Tokyo is like any big city and ad space is limited/ filled quickly, not to mention ad prices must be substantial. There'd be no point wasting more money on keeping the posters/ ads there when the drama had already aired and they're not continuing with it.

Posted

I don't know if this has been posted or talked about in another thread yet (I have been inactive on here for a couple months due to busy schedule) or if this is even new, BUT I saw Taylor on a Netflix show!!! It's called Samurai Gourmet and she appears in episode 10. Sadly, Netflix for iPhone doesn't allow screenshots so I had to use another phone to take pictures off the screen so I apologize about the awful quality. Maybe somebody who has a computer & Netflix can do proper screenshots of it? Kinda strange she hasn't mentioned anything about it!

Anyway, in the scene Taylor is a foreigner visiting Japan and she comes in with her on screen boyfriend to a restaurant. The chef is speaking in Japanese to the main character saying that foreigners are so annoying etc and the main character feels bad for them so he goes and tries to speak to them in English. Taylor and her bf say they don't speak Japanese so they're having a hard time knowing what to order. The man then helps them out and gets them some yakitori and beer and they thank him etc. 

I'm posting from mobile and can't use spoilers so sorry about the load of pics uploaded. 

IMG_6098.JPG

IMG_6100.JPG

IMG_6104.JPG

IMG_6097.JPG

IMG_6093.JPG

IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6107.JPG

IMG_6103.JPG

IMG_6102.JPG

IMG_6105.JPG

IMG_6096.JPG

Posted

Holy sharts .... 

She must use AE in her videos because her face looks so bloated and meaty here. 

Posted

wow, she looks so bad here. kinda how dakota looked bloated when she first shosed her face live. not surprised she doesnt mention this anywhere :haiplz:

Posted (edited)

i watched that ep lol she acted like her self she even pulled out her iphone to film herself eating at the restaurant like she does in her vlogs

In her own videos she looks pretty but whenever shes acting on Japanese tv shows she looks like a weird adult baby lol. Shes so sneaky like a few video back when she made "the wedding planner" video it was the first time she mentioned Carly's wedding and Ive known for months bc I looked at her insta. Honestly I dont think she has any real respect for her viewers. I understand theres a limit to privacy but she all she does is lie about her life 

wait sorry if all of that isnt relevant to this thread !

Edited by potatofries

Posted

she looks like a puffy blow up doll. not a bad look considering she tunes out the haterzz

Posted

Not good diet maybe?
and also is it her hand or the old ladies hand?

IMG_6096.JPG.1b6659b3879e2562f39e28e452f94776.jpg

Posted (edited)

I watched the episode too, as a matter of fact I watched all of them, is an entertaining show and the episodes are so short that you can't watch the whole season in one sit. I found hilarious they got mad at her because she was filming with her phone without permission, I wonder how many times thing has happened in real life. She looks really good in that medieval costume.

tayjvktx.jpg

Edited by casio