• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Actress Taylor

211 posts in this topic

Posted

^ She's supposed to be playing a 28-year-old in those pics with her hair down, right? Maybe it's just me, but why does all of her facial expressions (both in the flashback scenes and the "current" scenes) look like she's trying to act like a teenage weeaboo? :darth:

Posted

I don't have the time to watch it, but skipping through some scenes with her: I honestly think she has potential. Mind you, this is her 2nd drama and the role in the first one was… well, you know. This one is longer and you notice that she can't keep her annoying lip-biting-pouting-kawaiiiii attitude up the whole time. And when she slips, it's actually quite decent. I would like her to go deeper into acting. Maybe Daddy could sponsor her some real classes back home or something?
Her face though… that last filler or whatevs really destroyed everthing there was left of Taylor 1. She must have a body disorder in some way or has gotten addicted or something? It's just so sad.

Posted

Yes, her acting is better but she is still either quite stiff or exaggerating her gestures and facial expressions too much, but I cant judge her for that, because I think it also has to do with her remembering the japnese sentences during her acting if you know what I mean. So I think her acting is ok somehow. But yeah she really ruined her face compared to her HK days.... you can see it especially in scenes where there is no filter and where the light is doing her no favor like this one:

tay15.thumb.png.92a89415fd90249622e36513

tay16.thumb.png.3e8e15a99a54d00d31e003a6

Its so sad because with her old face she could have reached much more popularity!

Posted (edited)

@*horizon*  thank you for sharing the link (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

loool , no wonder why she is editing her face on pics and videos af . She looks terrible.

my favorite screenshots. taylorはかわいいですね〜 :hoplz: 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _piggy_

Posted

@nikuman @*horizon* This facial expression she has in front of ecery camera, in Japan (when she goes back to Canada, she doesn't fully perform her weeaboo attitude, because she's embarassed).

Posted

@nikuman @*horizon* This facial expression she has in front of ecery camera, in Japan (when she goes back to Canada, she doesn't fully perform her weeaboo attitude, because she's embarassed).

Exactly. That's why I'm curious about what her family will say to Taylor 2 (or is it 3 now?) They might be the only people to be able to call her out and reason with her. At least I hope the will.

Posted

I'm not going to lie she has potential but what irks me is that this girl has been in Japan for a while and her pronunciation is still kinda off. I'm not saying it doesn't take time to pick up on a language but with the job she has you would think she would be smart enough to get a teacher to help her with her pronunciation... It confuses me to know end but that might just be me nit picking at things.

Posted

I'm not going to lie she has potential but what irks me is that this girl has been in Japan for a while and her pronunciation is still kinda off. I'm not saying it doesn't take time to pick up on a language but with the job she has you would think she would be smart enough to get a teacher to help her with her pronunciation... It confuses me to know end but that might just be me nit picking at things.

But I think so too. I know some people have more struggles learning a language (me included ;) ) but she is now more than 2 years in Japan and I think her pronunciation and rhythm is still very off and I think with her chance to live and work in Japan you would think the first thing she wants to improve would be her language skills. She doesnt need to be perfect! But she is lacking the effort to learn it in my opinion.

Posted

But I think so too. I know some people have more struggles learning a language (me included ;) ) but she is now more than 2 years in Japan and I think her pronunciation and rhythm is still very off and I think with her chance to live and work in Japan you would think the first thing she wants to improve would be her language skills. She doesnt need to be perfect! But she is lacking the effort to learn it in my opinion.

She's in Japan less than 2 years. She moved

to Tokyo somewhere around end of 2014

Still she could speak by now if she wanted to, but tripod-san speaks English, so she doesn't need Japanese, he can arange everything.

Posted

Still she could speak by now if she wanted to, but tripod-san speaks English, so she doesn't need Japanese, he can arange everything.

Ok less than 2 years ;) But I think that is Taylors biggest problem. people around Dakota for example didnt speak english so she had to learn japanese (she said it in an interview and I think she was telling the truth because we've never really seen her using english and the popteen girls cant speak english), whereas Taylors managers speak english and she has english speaking friends in japan.

Posted

Ok less than 2 years ;) But I think that is Taylors biggest problem. people around Dakota for example didnt speak english so she had to learn japanese (she said it in an interview and I think she was telling the truth because we've never really seen her using english and the popteen girls cant speak english), whereas Taylors managers speak english and she has english speaking friends in japan.

That so true. It is quite common for English speaking foreigners to gravitate to other English speaker making it more difficult and almost unnecessary for them to learn the language. At this point though if Taylor really wants to pursue an acting career in Japan she will need to take learning Japanese seriously instead of relying on her managers.

Posted (edited)

Now I have no doubt anymore that she got some fillers in her cheeks...

Watched the drama. Well, Taylor's acting was okay, but I don't think acting is something she can make a living out of because she will always be casted as the pretty gaijin because that is the only role she can pull of. For something else, I'm not so sure, her acting may be too stiff and artificial. And of course her Japanese, her pronouncation was off so many times! It really sounded like she didn't really understand what she was saying and only learnt it by hard. She should really work on that! So I would say let's wait for her third drama :meowplz:

(BTW, I liked the story, it was kinda cute xD)

Edited by amayuchan

Posted

The drama was a pain in the ass to see. 

She is such a caricature of how japanese people see foreigners. 

It's in the borderline of direspect for me. 

I don't know...I'm so much into japanese history and culture that seeing such japanese wannabe is such frustration!

I fought to give another view of foreigners to my japanese friends,to not be a cliché (like " I love japan so I'm gonna to act like the fake image of japanese western gave me ") and she just act like those teenage stupid and misinformed girls and boys. 

It's a shame at her age

Posted

@*horizon*  thank you for sharing the link (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

loool ~ taylor looks so fucked up in this dorama. no wonder why she is editing her face af . and her japanese is terrible. sounds robotic and unnatural ~ 

my favorite screenshots. taylorはかわいいですね〜 :hoplz: 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Maybe she should have presented the camera team with a few lenses which make her appear soooo slim. No editing needed! :haiplz:

Posted

Are fillers suppose to be so .. lumpy ? Like there is  random lump and bumps on her face that I know aren't acne..  She should have just opted for jaw shaving rather than continuously inject her face with what looks like cement filler... Her face face is stiff and just sad looking. I hope what ever she used isn't permanent.