• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

makeup/beauty Sarah Therese

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sarah Therese

Beauty Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzG_U6DKG4leD3s0TWI7P2g

Vlog Channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/YoungMamaVlogs 

Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/sarahtheresev/

Twitter : https://twitter.com/SHeartsSparkle

Cooking blog : https://sarahthereseyt.wixsite.com/deliciousendeavours

sarah_therese.thumb.jpg.44c4c6f82f258d0e

Sarah Therese is a Canadian beauty guru, she's married, mother to Ivy and Calvin and believes in God (you'll see later how that's relevant). She's a stay at home mother and Youtube is her second job. She doesn't call herself Vegan but mostly plant based so her recipes follow that code (even though she hasn't updated her blog for a while).

There are a few concerns about her

• Subscriber/views ratio.

ca539248a2cbd5b0cbcc9c7a11822f0c.pngSo, as you can see, she has almost 300k subscribers but a video published more than seven months ago can't hit 14k views. Don't know if that's realistic, smells fishy to me.

• She had a bit of a drama surrounding that video of hers:

A few non-christian people considered it offensive.

• She also allegedly claimed that vaccines cause autism but I can't find the video (was in november 2016).
  • A few people say she deletes comments criticising her.

THE "I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANIMALS" DRAMA

On september the 4th, 2018, Sarah published this video :

She stated a few problematic things :

1. She doesn't care about animals. But not in a "I am not an animal person" kind of way. In the way that, because they don't have souls, and even though she perfectly knows they feel and suffer, she doesn't care about their suffering. It's not a bad thing because God put them on earth to serve humans (she says). She didn't love her pets as a child, laughed when a goldfish died in front of her, didn't mind the real life torture of animals in Cowspiracy.
  2. She is anti choice (wich means anti abortion).
  3. She eats vegan only for the health benefit (wich is only problematic for the vegans here but I still put it here because there are vegans here).

The comments turned apeshit. Not only for the non-being-vegan part but, obviously, because her lack of compassion and empathy are kinda scary.

bd5db3765a169baf66c790a0bae1c3ac.thumb.p

lot of christians stated that even though Sarah claims to be sooo religious, her lack of empathy and love for the entirety of creation isn't right before her God. And there was a wave of unsubscribers. Then, on septembers the sixth, 2018, she published an "explanation" video.

She backpedaled real hard, contradicted herself like ever before and blatlantly lied. Pretending she is just "bad with words" and we didn't understand she just "didn't desired to own a pet". Wich is obviously not what she said in the first video at all. She ranted about people judging even though they don't buy ethically enough and don't care about mudered babies.

And people got angry again. Because not only had they seen that she is scary, they also realised she is a liar and dishonnest. 

b2e1431706d387963951d96caa0bd372.thumb.p

And also, she was salty about the loss of subscribers... wich only got worse after the second video.

6b72185521edca0011a361e90d84fc9f.thumb.p

To be continued...

Edited by Laureline
updating

Posted (edited)

I guess there's no proof of her anti-vaxx video but people who are anti-vaccine really makes me question their intelligence. 

Also, she sounds like a bit of a dick. The video basically says "oh non-Christian parents are bad" because of how they dress their kids, how kids talk, and that not being Christian makes somebody immoral. That it is an indicator of a broken home. Just the fact she links it to religion is gross. She just sounds ignorant to me tbh. She's part of the Christian superiority complex it seems, I dunno.

Also, this:

dimwit.thumb.png.4c4d954250f8e9f894f5635

"The most beautiful thing you can give him is your purity". Ugh fuck off, that's gross. Virginity is by no means an indicator of purity. Believe whatever you want but perpetrating those ideas to me is gross and damaging to young girls and women. 

Edited by House

Posted

No, no, no. As a former Catholic her views on raising kids, mariage and viriginity is backwards. First of all there have been a few studies showing that kids raised in religious households (I think they studied Christian families) are more likely not to share than kids raised in non-religious households (which I believe since my brother is the stingiest mf I know) so that makes her critisms towards non-Christian parenting stupid. 

Two saving your virginity for mariage is fine if that's what you want to do but saying that's it's the best thing you can give your SO is stupid since how do you know he's a virgin? I wouldn't be surprised most Christians end up marrying a non-virgin unless virgins gravitate to each other.

Posted (edited)

Regarding the subscribers vs view count, if she uses to be popular back in the day and/or has 1+ viral videos it might not be that weird that she has a considerable amount of subscribers but doesn't get a lot of views. People could have just subscribed to her and never bothered unsubscribing even though they don't watch her videos, although anything is possible.

Two saving your virginity for mariage is fine if that's what you want to do but saying that's it's the best thing you can give your SO is stupid since how do you know he's a virgin? I wouldn't be surprised most Christians end up marrying a non-virgin unless virgins gravitate to each other.

I assume they'll just ask each other although they can just lie about being virgins. I don't have anything against Catholics if that's what they want to believe in but acting superior because of it is so dumb and pretty sure it goes against the teachings of the chrurch/jesus/god/whatever. And having sex before marriage doesn't make you worse than someone who hasn't. Having sex is literally going to change nothing about a person.

Edited by LunaMoon

Posted (edited)

Yes, she's a hardcore religious person in the bad ways. I never understood those people claiming to be catholics but still being judgemental, petty and prideful. It's, as far as I know, the antithesis of catholic teachings? You should be loving and understanding and reflect on yourself only because only God can know people's heart and judge them. At least that's what I was taught as a Jehovah Witness (their teachings are not that far from catholic teachings). I haven't followed the religious path since my childhood but those rules shouldn't have changed since.

As for the virginity thing, well... all churches are kinda unanimous about it. Wich is sad.

I am so disappointed to discover those things about her, I like her bubbly facade and most recent tutorials!

Edited by Lachesis

Posted

Omg I'm so excited she has a thread here. I used to be subscribed to her and watch her videos a lot. I totally remember the video where she mentions vaccines causing autism, it was in one of her pregnancy vlogs when she was pregnant with Calvin. She put up a response video saying why she isn't vaccinating her kids and then it totally backfired and she deleted both videos and turned off comments for awhile. I'm sorry I don't have any evidence to prove it so you can take it for what it is. 

Posted

Damn I just watched her testimony and I’m so disappointed? I grew up a lot of really Christian people (my family isn’t religious) and I went to a Christian university (that I dropped out of lol) and I just can’t stand these kinds of people. They preach being so open and loving but I just feel like they are so ignorant to everything. 

Like if you are different from them you are ostracized from them, I seriously can’t stand it.  I have no idea how you can talk about acceptance but just cut everyone that isn’t exactly like you from your life 

I mean I know nothing about her but she just reminds me of everyone in my life I hated lol

Posted

There is this saying in my language about how the most judgemental/nastiest people are always sitting at the front row in church lol. I never heard of this girl.

I think it is not necessarily wrong to teach these views like no sex before marriage to your kids really. After all it is in their right. But if you actually want your kids to stay religious later in life, the stricter you get, the more likely you will actually end up chasing them away from or hating religion. 

But as far as refusing vaccines, that sounds more extreme bible belt ish views. I know Protestants , Catholics and Mormons and they all get their kids vaccinated. I think this view is more associated with extremism than Christianity as a whole.

Posted

Omg I'm so excited she has a thread here. I used to be subscribed to her and watch her videos a lot. I totally remember the video where she mentions vaccines causing autism, it was in one of her pregnancy vlogs when she was pregnant with Calvin. She put up a response video saying why she isn't vaccinating her kids and then it totally backfired and she deleted both videos and turned off comments for awhile. I'm sorry I don't have any evidence to prove it so you can take it for what it is. 

I wish someone had reuploaded those videos!

Posted

Soooo, just to keep you updated even though she's not the most popular girl here, by far... There is a storm on her channel right now.

Not because she's not vegan but because she says she doesn't like animals period. Like she didn't love her pets as a kid, doesn't give a damn when cows and chickens are killed badly (like when they suffer in big farms). She watched Cowspiracy and wasn't shocked by the states of the farms.

I mean, she doesn't have to cry and turn instantly vegan but... she's still not shocked that living beings are tortured? Even if you don't believe they have a soul (I don't believe in souls even for humans so I can follow her there), it feels weird to me that you are not even taken aback by the suffering of a living being. They still have a brain and a nervous system? And she does know it, she states she knows animals do feel things... but still doesn't care when they are in pain. Like... they don't go to Heaven so it's okay to break their legs and stuff? What's that effed up philosophy?

I am not even vegan myself (just vegetarian atm) I just find that lack of empathy weird. She doesn't show any compassion, it freaks me out a bit. What do you think about it?

Posted (edited)

i wish people would stop giving this anti-vaxxer nutjob views. she's anti LGBT, anti choice (YIKES) and doesn't believe in evolution. I first found her when she made a video making fun of Instagram trends and thought she was kinda funny but a lil self righteous and now I think she's fucking full of shit. noped the fuck out of her channel once I saw her talk about religion.

a direct quote from her: "I don't believe there's anything along the lines of "I used to be a Christian, but now I'm no longer a Christian. Once you are a Christian, and you fully 100% believe in the Lord, Jesus Christ, and you have given your life to him, there's no way that could be undone." she's so far up her own ass.

and her new non-vegan video is disgusting. it's one thing to not be an animal person, but to not feel any sympathy for animals when you see them getting killed, and laughing when your pet fish dies in a garbage disposal???????????? major psycho vibes. NOPE.

she thinks God didn't give animals a soul? I think God didn't give her a soul lmao

can someone tell me why people watch her, and why she isn't cancelled?

Edited by hirai

Posted (edited)

I haven't watch all her videos yet (couldn't find her anti-vaxx video for exemple). Is she really anti LGBT? I winced when she said she wanted to "save unborn children" so I now know that she is anti choice but didn't know about the anti LGBT... she is getting worse and worse to me! I can't believe I kinda liked her just a few months ago! She published an "explanation" video.

She contradicts herself so much in this. There is such a difference between not wanting a pet and saying bluntly "I watched cowspiracy and didn't care that much". Or laughing at the death of your goldfish. She litteraly lies imo. And you can see she is sooo salty about losing subscribers. And I think she is going to lose even more. Girl stated clearer than before that she is anti choice ("how can you care more about whales than about all those murdered babies?"). And tried to put her subscribers on a guilt trip like "you don't get to judge me because you buy H&M" sort of thing. Her damage control is even worse than the first video.

Here are comments from her first video :

bd5db3765a169baf66c790a0bae1c3ac.thumb.pAnd her second video :

b2e1431706d387963951d96caa0bd372.thumb.pPeople are just getting angrier because of her backpedalling, her blatant lies, her dishonnesty and the anti-choice views. As they should. And her saltiness about losing subscribers is going to increase. The numbers are going down even stronger.

6b72185521edca0011a361e90d84fc9f.thumb.p

Edited by Laureline
adding info

Posted

literally could’ve just said “I eat plant-based diet but am not an ethical vegan” and left it at that. How do some people have such little self awareness?

Posted

I started watching her because she seems to live a really different lifestyle from me and she seemed to be very personable. But any ounce of interest or curiosity I had about her life is GOOOOONE because of this. Well, I guess she earned a hate-watch from me - like she said in the video. I'm sorry, but if you definitively say in a video that animals have no soul, that you don't care for or desire animals whilst also joking about how she 'accidentally' dropped a fish down the garbage disposal.. people are gonna feel some type of way about that. I was also shocked by the lack of empathy. What kind of reaction was she expecting? 

She claims to not be backpedaling in this video and how she's not going to take the videos down but .. give it up, sis. Everyone can tell you're trying to save face and weren't expecting /this/ much of a backlash. She's probably used to having people eating out of the palm of her hand and whiping her flat cracker ass for her, so I'm relieved that she's receiving this criticism lmao

I think she needs to stop being so snotty and drop the holier than though attitude. She reeks of pretentiousness. 

Posted

She's still losing a small amount of subscribers these days. Not much but it's something.