• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Zoella | Zoe Sugg

94 posts in this topic

Posted

Since there didn't seem to be one on her and I'm dying to share some of my frustrations with you guys I thought about doing one.

Vlog channel

Main channel

Instagram

Twitter

*-*-*-*-*-Bio-*-*-*-*-*

Zoe Sugg was born in 1990 and is turning 28 years old this year. Before she started doing Youtube she had a blog that gained popularity rather quickly. She started filming her videos in her room doing clothing, lush and makeup hauls while still updating her blog. Zoe seemed like the most kind, sweet, normal girl next door type who you would love to have as a best friend and she was even considered the perfect role model for young girls.

She has one brother Joe Sugg who is also a Youtuber thanks to her sister's fanbase, many Youtube friends and a Youtuber boyfriend Alfie Deyes who does/did daily vlogging. They now have a dog together named Nala and they live together in Brighton

Zoe has launched a lot of merch that has always sold well. She sells her own books, beauty products, lifestyle products and clothing at the moment but there's sure to be more coming as she's hungry for the fanbase cash. 

*-*-*-*-*-The Drama-*-*-*-*-*

Zoe's has had A LOT of drama along the years but somehow always managed to clear her name after. She started having drama years ago with this girl called Gabriella Lindley, then there was the whole ghost writer thing with her first book, the HELLO WORLD meeting, her having insensitive tweets, advent calendar scandal... There must be more.

In most of her scandals the more vocal person is Alfie who runs for her rescue as Zoe barely ever gives out a statement or apologizes, she just brushes everything under the carpet and starts talking about something else. Maybe it's for the better but at the same time makes her seem really immature (which she really is) and weak.

The biggest scandals she's had have been her ghost writer and advent calendar scandals that got people really marching against her. With the first one she never apologized or really confirmed that she used a ghost writer with her first novel and with the second she gave a half assed "apology" where she basically blamed the stores for the price of her calendar.

*-*-*-*-*-Personal opinion-*-*-*-*-*

Lately I have been unable to watch any of her videos as it just all seems fake. And I must now sound like a jealous bitch but she's flashing so much! She's flashing how she's got this huge massive house, all these free makeups and Lush products, a brand new car from Alfie, a perfect life where all she does is things she wants with no consequences nor limitations. I don't know, it all just seems too perfect in a weird way. It's all about getting free stuff or spending a lot of money.

As I started watching her in 2012 she was still rather sweet but now she's this trashy girl who can only talk about her nipples, vaginas and farting.

Something else that also annoys me is her eating habits: the girl seems to eat only pizza and other fatty greasy food but is still size 00. She doesn't exercise at all and is proud for being fatty and lazy. Sure, live your life as you like but I can't imagine her young fans thinking that's how you get skinny. Maybe I'm just jelly jelly hater but it fucking annoys me that she's got such bad eating habits yet has a "body to die for".

I don't know, what are your thought on her. I just can't stand her anymore and would love to rant/share opinions of her with you :rageplz:

Posted

hmm never got the hype of this girl.  She's like Dulceida. A girl with an apparent perfect life, lots of fans, a perfect partner, lots of sponsorships and merch. I'm really tired of that kind of vlogger tbh 

Posted

hmm never got the hype of this girl.  She's like Dulceida. A girl with an apparent perfect life, lots of fans, a perfect partner, lots of sponsorships and merch. I'm really tired of that kind of vlogger tbh 

That's the thing exactly! With her she seems to be the perfect girl but then she shows this nasty side of her that she hid for years and then don't even take responsibility for her actions. 

Posted

Oh god, don't even get me started on that advent calendar. Girl. $50 for some confetti and a candle? 

Not to mention the bullshit apology video that afterwards explaining why the price was so high for shit items. It's YOUR product. There is no way that you had NO say in how much it costed. The whole thing was a money grabbing scheme that, unfortunately, her young viewers fell for.

Posted

The reason why Zoe became popular is because she already had a rather popular blog before her channel. She used to be funny, dorky, and pretty. I loved her older videos when she did collaborations with other Youtubers as well as her baking videos (my favorites are the quick and easy halloween/easter/christmas treats). Now...  I can't watch her videos anymore. I don't find her fake, she is rich and popular so obviously companies are going to send her a bunch of free stuff, and if I'm that rich, I'll definitely buy myself a massive house too. But I feel like she's getting boring. I don't mind monthly favorites, but her makeup looks all look the same, and I just can't stand videos that has too many talking (her Youtube show and tell tag). I can also count the number of different people she makes videos with now with my 10 fingers and still have leftovers - Mark, Poppy, Sean, Alfie, Joe, Tanya and Jim. Boring! 

She's no longer who she used to be in the past, even her outfits look horrible now. She tries too hard to be quirky but most of her outfits clash - Tinsel jumper, bright pink trousers, leopard print blazer... She also looks really old now which is very sad. 

Posted

The reason why Zoe became popular is because she already had a rather popular blog before her channel. She used to be funny, dorky, and pretty. I loved her older videos when she did collaborations with other Youtubers as well as her baking videos (my favorites are the quick and easy halloween/easter/christmas treats). Now...  I can't watch her videos anymore. I don't find her fake, she is rich and popular so obviously companies are going to send her a bunch of free stuff, and if I'm that rich, I'll definitely buy myself a massive house too. But I feel like she's getting boring. I don't mind monthly favorites, but her makeup looks all look the same, and I just can't stand videos that has too many talking (her Youtube show and tell tag). I can also count the number of different people she makes videos with now with my 10 fingers and still have leftovers - Mark, Poppy, Sean, Alfie, Joe, Tanya and Jim. Boring! 

She's no longer who she used to be in the past, even her outfits look horrible now. She tries too hard to be quirky but most of her outfits clash - Tinsel jumper, bright pink trousers, leopard print blazer... She also looks really old now which is very sad. 

You are so right. I completely forgot about her blog so I'll just add that to the bio. Thanks!

Zoe talks so much in her videos but she doesn't really say anything! A basic makeup tutorial can last 20 minutes 'cause she's just talking and talking and talking! Just show what you are doing! And in the end they all look the same. I used to love her hair tutorials when she had long hair. She was super creative with it and always made it look nice. Now with the short mom hair there's not much to do with it. Just curls.

Posted

Zoe talks so much in her videos but she doesn't really say anything! A basic makeup tutorial can last 20 minutes 'cause she's just talking and talking and talking! Just show what you are doing! And in the end they all look the same. I used to love her hair tutorials when she had long hair. She was super creative with it and always made it look nice. Now with the short mom hair there's not much to do with it. Just curls.

Exactly! She talks about the story of how she buys her foundation, talks about the story of how she started to use the brush she's going to use... Just get on with the makeup look! I hate her current hair when it's curled, I much prefer it when it's straight because it makes her look younger. 

Posted

She used to be somewhat 'relatable' when she first started doing videos on youtube. Her primark hauls are quite fun to watch. But all you get now are....

• spons videos (she even put sponsored products on her monthly favs)
  • only film and upload videos whenever she feels like it
  • her comment section is filled with nothing but positive comments (you can't really find one that is basically criticizing her content anymore)
  • her freaking dog in every vlog -___- whatever happened to your guinea pigs? i know one died. 
  • releasing new 'beauty products' that's shite. my cousin bought her products when she was in london, let's just say it was a letdown esp the bathbomb. 
  • always lazing around in her house, eating pizza and having mark/poppy/sean come over. she used to go out and have lots of activities with lots of other people.

She doesn't really gain that much views anymore esp after that whole helloworld and calender fiasco. 

Posted

I saw her products in a drugstore in my country and was like "?? Who is she? Is she popular?" than I saw the prices and thought this better be high quality stuff lol. Tried to watch some videos but I really can't see how she has such a huge following? To me she's rather boring.

Posted

i don't really have too much problems with her (i don't really watch her videos anymore) except for the tweets that she made before that were offensive but maybe she changed that part of her? idk, maybe i'm wrong though, but what i don't like about her is how her makeup style is always the same! she has a lot of makeup palettes, time (at least she has a bit more time than the people who study), she could perfectly try to make different makeup looks, the only different thing are the products she uses. It would be really nice if she tried to make different looks.

Posted

She used to be kinda funny before, and I enjoyed watching her on YT...  but I have now been unsubscribed for years as she is as interesting as stale bread. She is try hard quirky and pretty much run out of ideas, I really miss her and Louise together :(  And I just can't stand her and Alfie together, he is so annoying and boring. I feel like her and the old youtube squad (tyler oakley, troye sivan, joe sugg, caspar lee etc.) used to be funny, wonder what happened. 

Posted

She just had another photoshoot for the launching of YET ANOTHER beauty product. I don't get it, she has photoshoot so often now that you would think she could use her old photos? And she always does the same faces... The overly wide open mouth or the weird smile thing. She has two fucking looks!

Posted

Her apology video made me like her even less honestly. She didn't seem to be honest, and she didn't seem to have any regrets. No emotion in her voice, everything felt rehearsed and like she was more afraid of people unfollowing her than actually hurting people's feelings and expectations.
She also lied about having no part in the pricing of the calender, while the company said they picked the price Zoella choose.
Just overall very fake and dishonest, her image being more important than her fans.