• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

KASPER(캐스퍼)/Serine Lee

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Kasper, who used to go by 11x11pm/SerineSings on YouTube before starting her rapping career, is a South Korean singer, rapper, and YouTuber. She is currently a solo artist under DSP and was in the group Play the Siren before they disbanded. 

KASPERTV.thumb.png.b0640f7a44a859fe42f04

She started her YouTube channel back in 2010 under the name 11x11pm and would post rant, makeup, and singing videos. She was an aspiring kpop artist (Korean-American living in S. Korea with dreams to be a kpop idol) at the time and would post advice videos for auditions. 

Her singing was very mediocre and her rant videos were what gained her following. 

She eventually gave up on becoming an idol and switched to rapping and started going by the name Kasper. 

During that time, she would also pander/brag to her viewers about knowing BAP's Daehyun causing a lot of them to question their relationship.

In 2014 she debuted in Play the Siren, a co-ed hip hop group.

She also started appearing on Seoulistic (when she was a trainee) and WishtrendTV videos. She is still a part of WishtrendTV.

She auditioned for Show Me the Money 4 and failed to get in and got on Unpretty Rapstar Season 2 instead.

Her singing was bad, but her rapping is mediocre at best. Many netizens questioned why Kasper was on UPRS due to her bland personality and poor skills. She was often criticized for being awkward and stiff. 

Screen_Shot_2018-02-25_at_8.04.32_AM.thu

Screen_Shot_2018-02-25_at_8.04.47_AM.thu

Despite her poor skills, she still somehow landed a contract with DSP in 2016. She released her single Lean on Me in January of 2017.

She's still pretty irrelevant in Korean media, but she recently got herself back in the news this month for revealing Wanna One Kang Daniel's and UPRS Yook Jidam's relationship. Many netizens thought this was unnecessary and attention seeking of her.

Screen_Shot_2018-02-25_at_8.50.52_AM.thu

Screen_Shot_2018-02-25_at_8.52.00_AM.thu

She is often attention seeking, from pandering about knowing Daehyun to going on SMTM because she was jealous of Kisum (watch SMTM audition) to revealing details about other people's relationships.

She was also very cocky on UPRS until her terrible rapping was criticized. She dissed Jiyoon for being an idol but she herself wanted to be an idol too but failed. 

Screen_Shot_2018-02-25_at_8.56.37_AM.thu

She also has had plastic surgery. When she was still posting videos on 11x11pm, she made a video clarifying what procedures she had done (eyes and botox injections for jaw), but it seems that since then she has gotten more done. It's pretty possible she shaved her jaw as well, because botox doesn't slim your jaw to that extent.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.72de8f04f3b4eedbe18fd5

Screen_Shot_2018-02-25_at_7.58.40_AM.thu

(11x11pm days)

unnamed_(1).thumb.jpg.b2371e6b2976aec259

Screen_Shot_2018-02-25_at_8.32.59_AM.thu

(Play the Siren days)

Screen_Shot_2018-02-25_at_7.58.05_AM.thu

(now Feb 2018 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4ot_F2MuI4&t=350s)

I used to watch her 11x11pm videos back then and found it hilarious when she was on UPRS. Her cockiness turns me off and honestly her way of speaking is so grating I had to stop watching Wishtrend videos, but those are just my personal opinions of her.

Edited by clairdelune

Posted

It's hilarious how she did a "Makeup trends that need to die" Video when her makeup looked like this when she talked about it:

Screen_Shot_2018-02-26_at_16.26.51.thumb

Also, is she half-Japanese? I think I read it somewhere but I'm not sure if it's true.

Posted

I've seen her a lot on Wishtrend...I thought she just did skincare, didn't even know she sang. I was surprised they hired her, since she seems to struggle to speak (IDK if it's because English is difficult or it's her personality.) 

I always thought she looked half-dead in almost all her video appearances, too. I guess it may be from however the hell she got her skin as light as it is (considering the picture you showed of her as a kid?) The orange/red makeup around her eyes doesn't help. It makes her look like a vampire / feverish. 

Posted

i used to watch her back in her 11x11pm days. she was very pretty back then. i stopped following her shortly after she started trying to become a rapper. she already had double eyelid surgery during her 11x11pm days. her plastic surgery is very obvious now and i personally think she got too much done, like her face looks half the size it used to cause her jaw is so small now. i often see thumbnails of her wishtrend videos and im really not a fan of how her makeup is done a lot of the time.

Posted (edited)

Edited by whateverrr

Posted

Sometimes one gotta accept it's not for them. She's pushing it and it's not working out and I'm starting to cringe at all of her flaky presences everywhere. Just give up.

Posted

I find her pretty, but her makeup is off. Seeing that predebut photo of her, it makes me question how far idols really go to look beautiful in their society.

Posted

I've seen her a lot on Wishtrend...I thought she just did skincare, didn't even know she sang. I was surprised they hired her, since she seems to struggle to speak (IDK if it's because English is difficult or it's her personality.) 

I always thought she looked half-dead in almost all her video appearances, too. I guess it may be from however the hell she got her skin as light as it is (considering the picture you showed of her as a kid?) The orange/red makeup around her eyes doesn't help. It makes her look like a vampire / feverish. 

She's from Seattle though iirc? I'm not sure if she was born in America or Korea, but she definitely spent her childhood here. And she's currently on break or something from Amherst College (I think there was an AKP article a while back about that). 

She doesn't seem to have any speaking problems to me other than a slight accent/lilt most likely because she's been in Korea for so long. 

I do think that she's dragging this ~wannabe idol~ thing a little too long; I hope she can return to college and learn something decent instead of talking about makeup all day. 

Posted

I just know her as the girl who everybody keeps roasting for her nasty gradient lip in the comments on that one April Skin hair product review she did a few months back on their facebook lmfao

Posted

46796DC9-5B01-4B6A-8721-DE7170A5FD92.thuit’s really bad 

Posted

I remember watching her on SMTM6. I honestly think she got that far into the competition because she’s “cute”. She was such an embarrassment for female artists on that show. Every male competitor was laughing at her or pitied her. 

Posted

she did her nose but deleted all the pictures from before that time, she also dated one of the guys from the duo geeks publicly for a while too. 

Posted

in addition to her eyes she also did her nose but deleted all the photos before that time frm her ig, she also dated one of the guys from the duo geeks publicly for a while.  besides from being on a few tv shows, the whole kang daniel thing and featuring on wishtrend  shes not known for much else.

Posted

How the hell did her lips get so crusty..? I personally don't mind all of her PS.. i think she still looks cute and it's not like she's ever denied it (correct me if i am wrong)

Maybe i have a soft spot for her because i met her once at an underground rapper concert and she seemed really nice and even took the time to chat and take photos with my friend and I. 

Posted

Hm.... didn't she recently get in trouble with the Wanna One fandom for openly talking about something that she had no business in?