• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help with piercings?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

hello, it's your friendly ninja here and she is in dire need of any body mod fanatics like herself. 

Two months ago I got my nose pierced. Initially I swore I would never get another piercing because of the pain, but slowly I began to obsess over the piercing. I want more.

So here's where you guys come in.

I would like a suggestion of a face piercing that I could cover up pretty easily when I need to go in for job interviews. I really love the Dahlia piercing (I would post a picture but for some reason all my screencaps from other posts will end up on the post grrrrrrrr) but I don't think that's an easy cover up. I already know the septum (I'm geting that next) so any other ideas?

I ramble so much

Posted

How about an ear one? :3 i have one and my father hasn't seen it ever since it was made xD (two, almost three months ago) It looks nice and you can try any part of yout ear, i pierced my upper part of the ear (it was meant to be a helix piercing but i ended up having it a bit down... now i have like half of an industrial xD, it's a bit hard to describe) it hurt like hell (it was my first time getting a piercing) but it was worth it :3 the pain started to fade out on the first month and i sometimes get a little of pain but it's because i crashed my ears or something xD i think that most of the ear piercings look good and the lobe ones might even look fancy/girly/elegant at times. :3

So i say you go for an ear piercing x3 also, people say that lobe piercings hurt less than cartilage ones so you can go for one in the lobes before going full on cartilage and making your ears hurt like hell.

Posted

It might not be the face but I would say yeah there's some pretty cool ear piercings you can do!

Otherwise if you'd be up for a body piercing maybe like a dermal piercing on your wrist or something.

Posted

My friend has a piercing on her bottom lip and I didn't know until like five months later when she put it in and I was like ''When tf did you do that?» and she shrugged an said «Had it for yrs». SO YEAH. I didn't notice anything at all and maybe other people didn't too. 

Posted

lmao when i got my nose pierced i made a weird nose like some dying animal. i kind of miss it, one day i just lost the jewelry in my bed and i just gave up & never bought more. (the scar was horrible for a long time too!) 

I think maybe a Medusa piercing would be good to get, especially since you can get jewelry that is plain/simple but i dont really think you can hide it >.<

Posted

I got an eyebrow piercing last year shortly after getting a new job and nobody noticed it at first, because I could easily cover it with my fringe. So that one would be easy to hide.

Other than that I agree with the other comments. :) There are so many cute ear piercings you can get. I've got a few and it has never bothered anyone. Apparently they are not deemed ~unprofessional~.

Also body piercings. All the body piercings. Sorry, tmi, but I strongly recommend getting a VCH piercing. It unlocks a variety of new things in the bedroom and you get excited everytime you pull down your pants because yooo check out that party in my pants. It's the coolest shit.

Posted

I just know that a Septum piercing is literally the easiest to hide, like you only turn it in to hide it in your nose, done. lol

I myself have a few piercing and never really need to hide them, but all the piercings i have i can always take them out if i have an important interview. Especially lip piercings, they are easy to take out and put back in (well as long as they are healed already so it prolly takes around a month before you can take them out for a longer time and put back in without problems). If you get your ear pierced it's easy to cover too, with your hair and such, plus i don't think anyone really cares if you have your ears pierced on interviews. Else all i can think of is a tongue piercing since no one really will be able to tell you have one unless you talk with your mouth wide open. 

Posted

Also body piercings. All the body piercings. Sorry, tmi,

but I strongly recommend getting a VCH piercing. It unlocks a variety of new things in the bedroom and you get excited everytime you pull down your pants because yooo check out that party in my pants. It's the coolest shit.

Doesn't that take away some of the sensation though? I've always hear that those as well as nipple piercings take away some of the sensitivity.

Posted

my first piercing was a tongue piercing because its pretty much invisible (and not on your face but inside xD ?)
im also hiding a bridge piercing behind my glasses :happee:
 you can hide a labret or medusa with clear bioflex jewellry but only after its healed.

Doesn't that take away some of the sensation though? I've always hear that those as well as nipple piercings take away some of the sensitivity.

its quite the opposite, i got one nipple done because i wasn't sure if i could handle the pain of the 2. and i must say the pierced one was more sensitive than the unpierced one.

Posted

Did anyone ever have an industrial before.  How much did It hurt?

I want to get one in the future, because I really like the way It looks.

Posted

I have a bunch of facial piercings and  stretched lobes, if you're concerned about pain then the mouth area is probably the least painful in my experience. Everywhere else is kinda a bit painful. Eyebrows aren't too bad, but because it's near your eye it can be sensitive. Septum piercing can either really hurt or be practically painless depending on the shape of your nose and your piercer. Tongue was not very painful but you will feel every little bit and you will hear it quite loudly, so if you're squeamish it's probably not for you ^^;. I had my cheekbone pierced (yup, it's a dermal anchor like this one) I think it's super cute but boy did it hurt, lotsa blood, takes a really long time to get done (I was like 20 minutes on the bench, he girl said she'd had people up to 40 minutes for one because they wouldn't behave haha) and if I want it removed I have to get it cut out hehe :S . Bridge piercings don't really hurt but they can be kinda painful when they're healing because they rest on bone. Ear cartilage (helix, tragus, industrial etc) not super painful, kinda stings when you get it done, enough to make your eyes water anyway, and it also make a super loud pop. Also can really hurt after when you bump it getting dressed or washing your hair. Can also be tricky to care for, really easily infected and easily develops keloids 

Posted

Hi! First post! :hurrplz:

I'd really have to say that depending on your pain tolerance it's really different for everyone. Also depending on the piercing artist. I got one side of my lip done and it wasn't painful at all. Then I got my other side done a few years later and it bruised and swol up like a bitch. It hurt so bad.

I really don't know what kind of facial piercing you could get that would truly be invisible. Septum yes, others...ahhhh not really. But if you have months to wait it out, once its fully healed you could always just take them out.:lamaheadshake:

Ears are really good but in my experience it was always so HARD to get my cartilage piercings to heal. (My nose and my conch were always misbehaving!)

Body piercings are always easy to hide. Clothes lol. I can't really say how they heal because I have never had one. ( I want to get my nipples done so bad! But my Bubblies aren't that pretty.) 

Always always salt water soak! It feels good and helps heal and get the crunchiers off. And I swear by tea tree oil, but I've heard mixed reviews. 

Posted

as Bibi mentioned, you can always hide a labret/lip piercing. I've had both, and if I ever needed to take it out I just used a retainer. also after a while, having the piercing out for a couple days is fine, once the hole is seasoned it won't heal over.

Posted (edited)

I've got my tongue. I find nobody really notices my tongue piercing.

My friend had her labret pierced and nobody really noticed that either because she kept a small diamond stud in it, so you could go with that. Also a smiley piercing, but I hear those things reject pretty easy and are difficult to keep in the long run.

Edited by Rose

Posted

First, don't compare youself to anyone! Even to the snowflakes/online personalities.. Everyone has a different kind of beauty so if you say you want to look like someone, it won't actually happen. Even if you say you are "ugly", I'm sure there is "prettiness" in your face and you could use that. To be honest, no one in this world is ugly, to feel and be "pretty", you just need self-confidence xD

I had really low self-confidence when I was younger because I had a belly fat (the rest of my body could still be considered "thin") and chubby cheeks.. One thing that helped me for sure was make-up, but it was something more I'm doing for myself rather than others. My confidence actually boosted so much from wearing make-up and taking proper care of my skin and body.

• Start watching youtube tutorials/reading articles on make-up.. Start with the basics with just mascara, eyeliner then gradually learn contouring and etc. ('Natural look' suited me best)
  • Use face-masks, moisturize your skin daily! 
  • Cut out on the soda and junk foods (this is the major cause of belly fat)
  • I think different people have different ideas of their "ideal" work-out but I definitely recommend pilates (watch bilogates on youtube) because it's easy to do at home and/or just go for a run for 30 minutes-one hour 3 times a week or so..

Good luck.. I hope you find your own self-confidence and become confident for who you are! :alpacacrush: