• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

youtube Princessmei

2194 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

She said 2-3 days. If you couldn't talk for 2 years because of a tongue piercing, something is seriously wrong.

I wouldn't rely solely on her experience on tongue piercings because she is just one person and everyone's body is different. 

lmao I guess I just had a false memory of it then 😂

Every video I watched about it up to Mei's said it hurt a lot, and took a while to heal,  or something...

So maybe that's why hmmm???  

Thanks for the clarification, I don't think I'm so hesitant about it now...

Edited by Atze

Posted (edited)

Sorry to go OT, but this still has to do with Mei so idk...

I remember watching her tongue piercing FAQ video, and she said something like she couldn't talk for like 2 years afterwards??

So now I'm hesitant to get one, and just wondering if she's a whiny snake baby or if what she says is true like...

giphy.gif

I could eat right after xD tongue piercings heal exeptionally well
and I have quite a few piercings and my tongue piercing hurt the least, even ear piercings hurt more ^^

Edited by Vixen

Posted

I loved the short film it was super well made and edited, the music was great and I loved the scenes. To me it was about loss and hurt, maybe I'm used to those 'artsy' movies due to being an art student, but I really enjoyed the whole movie and I think I'd even watch it a second time as its really well produced, I don't wanna know how long this took to film, edit and all. And I honestly don't think Mei was acting suuuuuper badly? Like its definitely better then in her own videos ://
Maybe I'm too fond of her and such aesthetic movies to give an unbiased opinion though. ^^

Posted

imo it seemed like it was filmed by someone prancing from side to side the whole time and that started to irk me.

yeah I don't think I've ever gotten motion sickness so quickly before 🤢

Posted

I'm an art student as well and I honestly am pretty eh about it. 

I think there was a lot of opportunity to do the "cute bad ass girl" trope with mei. maybe even do something where she's taken lightly because of her pretty looks and then she kicks their ass.. SOMETHING would've been better than the mess we were handed. I'm not saying the aesthetic wasn't nice, and there was a lot of potential in the storyline because with the several girls, it did make it interesting. but the thing is, the viewer is waiting to see what ties all the girls together, the ENDING to the story... but there isn't one. it makes it seem like an unfinished story and I'm sure that's poetic on its own but the fact is, it leaves many people dissatisfied. 

I think these actresses (if you can even call them that) were picked mainly for their conventional beauty. except for yuri which is the girl singing in the guitar. i would've loved to see a back story on yuri. why is she singing by herself? does she have a heart break of her own? it's probably just a personal preference of mine but i'd rather watch a story about an "average" looking girl rather than a conventionally beautiful one. i think it's more unique and authentic.

I don't even want to get into the part with the girl with the beige dress. i literally have no idea what she was going on about and in a story that's #fakedeep it seems like utter nonsense. like how can you tell me lines saying stuff like "lie to me because the truth would hurt too much" is meaningful and not some random caption you would see under an aesthetic picture on tumblr? and i don't understand why she was saying it to mei and why mei was crying. and the more important question is WHY DID MEI KEEP CALLING ALL OF THOSE GUYS?? like was she waiting for them to tell her what she wanted to hear and then meets up with them and has sex with them?? i know the ice has some deeper meaning, end of summer, she doesn't want to break or something, blah blah blah

I'm sorry i know this film is aesthetically pleasing and the lines seem somewhat interesting but the fact is if you analyze any of it, it just makes no sense unless you're applying your own experiences and thinking something like "omg i was sad that one time and it's true.. i want to break ice and yell at the sun"

it had a lot of potential to be something more but it's just a film with pretty lights, fake deep lines, and pretty girls.

Posted (edited)

ot but that lauren tsai girl is GORGEOUS

C5ee1byWYAEoGTW.thumb.jpg.10615deb330ff5

Edited by pirimiri

Posted

The more I look at Mei, the more of character and life she had is disappearing. I know it's bad to want someone to smile, BUT I WANT TO SEE HER SMILE SOOOO BAD. All the head tilt with the glare and either slighty pout or slightly open mouth makes me so :/. Just by scrolling through her instagram you can see what expression remains constant. It could be her neutral face, then I would sound like a dick. :alpacadone: I'm from an area where she is from so I found her so relatable. I saw her with some friends at a dessert place where I live, and she was smiling and laughing. I remember thinking how cute she is in real life than online. She just seemed more real. I like Mei a lot, but what internet face/image is she going for? "A cute baddie"??? I know in the film she was supposed to be in that character, but it didn't suit her well. It's kinda hard to see Mei as  emotional-yet-unemotional. I made a collage and realized what a freak I am obsessing over a girl I don't even know. What do you guys think?:alpacaworry2:
These photos are from her instagram and are taken after her blue hair phase. 

princessmei.png

Posted

^^^ AGREED

esp with her recent pictures its all the same vacant stare, closed mouth, same angle.. it's like she's just a doll posing in different environments and with different people. there's no variety:/

Posted (edited)

^^^ AGREED

esp with her recent pictures its all the same vacant stare, closed mouth, same angle.. it's like she's just a doll posing in different environments and with different people. there's no variety:/

All girls on Instagram are like this though. I never understood taking 1000 pics of your face in different angles and makeup for likes it's pretty fucking weird.

I think mei's acting was bad but she was actually better than the girl at the bar lol that girl was TERRIBLE.

Edited by teratology

Posted (edited)

"You better undress me, you better tell me lies" was SO fucking cringey. This wasn't Mei's lines but dear lord the acting is so awful I am still shocked on how this was even remotely successful. Felt like an amateur film literature assignment for high school. 

^^^ AGREED

I don't understand why she doesn't smile with her teeth. Would that ruin her aesthetic instagram theme?  

Edited by saladbars

Posted (edited)

The more I look at Mei, the more of character and life she had is disappearing. I know it's bad to want someone to smile, BUT I WANT TO SEE HER SMILE SOOOO BAD. All the head tilt with the glare and either slighty pout or slightly open mouth makes me so :/. Just by scrolling through her instagram you can see what expression remains constant. It could be her neutral face, then I would sound like a dick. :alpacadone: I'm from an area where she is from so I found her so relatable. I saw her with some friends at a dessert place where I live, and she was smiling and laughing. I remember thinking how cute she is in real life than online. She just seemed more real. I like Mei a lot, but what internet face/image is she going for? "A cute baddie"??? I know in the film she was supposed to be in that character, but it didn't suit her well. It's kinda hard to see Mei as  emotional-yet-unemotional. I made a collage and realized what a freak I am obsessing over a girl I don't even know. What do you guys think?:alpacaworry2:
These photos are from her instagram and are taken after her blue hair phase. 

princessmei.png

I follow some of her friends (some of them are my former classmates and some I know through mutual friends) and when they hang out with her/post on their IG stories, she doesn't have this going on LOL She smiles a lot more and is a normal person!! I feel like her followers probably expect this kind of image from her and she does it for them, but she could also just like this pose the most? 

? what? i mean i agree about the popularity issue, and i also think olivya is more suitable for the character, but mei is supposed to act like the """badass fake deep shit"""... those are the lines she was given, that is the role she was given...

And yeah, I don't think we should be blaming Mei for the script lol. Considering how they were the ones that flew her out to take part in this film, I don't think she could have said much about the script/role she was given without sounding ungrateful. 

But I also thought she did okay for someone who's never done any acting/filming? Maybe my standards are lower than everyone else's but her "emotionless zombie" thing seemed to actually BE her role rather than her bad acting. 

It's like emotionless characters in anime; they have monotone voices and resting death glares.

Also, as someone who lives in Southern California, Mei doesn't have a bad valley girl accent, if at all. Its just a normal American accent lmao

Edited by explojin

Posted

i just went on her instagram and apparently the answer to ''what happens when water freezes'' is ''summer is over'' and it comes from the Fruit basket anime (not sure if it's true caus I never watched furuba). 

Posted

i just went on her instagram and apparently the answer to ''what happens when water freezes'' is ''summer is over'' and it comes from the Fruit basket anime (not sure if it's true caus I never watched furuba). 

I'm...so mad, how dare the universe make me remember my Fruits Basket phase

Related image

Posted

If this is true then the short film is an even bigger joke than it already is lol...