• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

youtube Princessmei

2164 posts in this topic

Posted

Is this just a movie full of aesthetic  scenes and posing? I don't think anyone in this film claims to be an actor but none of the acting is good. It's incredibly cringey. I also think Mei's valley girl accent is kind of annoying and takes away from the film, not that it was very good to begin with. 

Posted

I feel like the director is trying too hard to copy Wong Kar Wai. The actual dialogue reminds me of some tumblr screencaps. I don't know wtf is going on. 

Why is Mei calling random guys and asking about ice? Why is she stabbing some ice later on? Is this supposed to be #fakedeep? Nevermind, the whole movie is #fakedeep

Posted

imo it seemed like it was filmed by someone prancing from side to side the whole time and that started to irk me. i didnt really take any message from it either. the lines seemed to be written for the sake of sounding deep and artsy because i couldnt find any meaning to them and i was left confused. many of the lines were repeated and i wasn't sure if this was suppose to bring emphasis to something, because like i said before, i didn't really understand anything going on. the acting was very amateur and quite cheesy. the only positive thing i can really say is that the girls looked lovely. after watching it, i was left speechless. it wasn't because i thought it was beautiful or amazing, but because i thought it was anticlimactic after all the hype and i had no idea what i just watched. 

Posted

and i had no idea what i just watched. 

literslly my thoughts lol. But mei looks lovely in that red dress!

Posted

Well that was 10 min of my life wasted... 

Why does the director have to pick Mei? other than pure aesthetic reasons i just don't see why, and according to the previous pages at least one of the other girls seems to have actual acting experience, so why mix some amateur in and fly her across the globe for this? If he wanted a girl with the pink aesthetic that badly he would just pick some pretty girl from an audition and give her a pink front lace wig.

i don't understand anything about the movie or the purpose, in some of the scenes the background noises were too loud it became hard to even understand what they were saying, looks like the kind of thing produced by some edgy film student, nothing special, just pretty faces and random deep lines. 

Posted (edited)

From what I know about Julien Levy is that he directs a lot of commercials and likes to work with models and other famous, beautiful women, so yea, nothing deep to be expected here. I remember seeing a few screencaps of his Nana Komatsu movie like a year ago, and his style in general reminds me a lot of when people would take pretty photos and put fake subtitles on them. LOL

Like, if anything, it's just another art fashion film, which is kind of to be expected anyway.

Edited by qb05
didn't finish my post

Posted (edited)

The thing about the film is that if it had more substance, I'd find it to be lovely. And yeah, I probably am just a sucker for that particular aesthetic, but I also genuinely enjoyed and appreciated the lighting and cinematography.

The script on the other hand was lackluster and struck me as try-hard deep à la Jaden Smith. The random music (wtf were those drums at ~9 minutes??!) was distracting as well. i'm a sucker for angsty poetry and one-liners, but I just felt like this was too pretentious for me personally. 

Mei needs lessons if she wants to continue acting and modeling. Her acting was easily the worst, unless the director distinctly wanted her to come off as a stiff, emotionless zombie. She's beautiful, but actors and models cannot solely rely on beauty. I bet the director chose her due to her looks and her ability to promote it to her following.

Edited by sapph

Posted

she's so beautiful in the movie but her acting is SO CRINGY lol, especially next to a real actress like lauren tsai... 

Posted

Sorry for bringing up a different topic but this just annoyed me too much. First the nails and now promoting this Aymmy brand... whatever happened to being cruelty free? The nail salon from a few posts ago doesn't carry CF nail polish, and Aymmy's clothing are all made in China so most likely in sweatshops. It's doubtful these places would be CF with no mentions because ethical consumerism is hardly a movement in Japan. Seems like Japanese goods and connections are more important to her than what she's been preaching for all this time... She disappoints me so much as being ethical here in Japan is extremely difficult without much options available and I was hoping that she'd set an example :alpacadone:

IMG_3470.PNG

Posted

Y'all , Olivya would've fit the role much better. Olivya has this badbass look I'm pretty sure if she was as popular as Mei they would've picked her . I would've wtf 🤷🏽‍♀️ Mei trying to act like she's this badass fake deep shit lmao , please. 

Posted (edited)

Y'all , Olivya would've fit the role much better. Olivya has this badbass look I'm pretty sure if she was as popular as Mei they would've picked her . I would've wtf 🤷🏽‍♀️ Mei trying to act like she's this badass fake deep shit lmao , please. 

? what? i mean i agree about the popularity issue, and i also think olivya is more suitable for the character, but mei is supposed to act like the """badass fake deep shit"""... those are the lines she was given, that is the role she was given...

Edited by mouffette

Posted (edited)

Sorry for bringing up a different topic but this just annoyed me too much. First the nails and now promoting this Aymmy brand... whatever happened to being cruelty free? The nail salon from a few posts ago doesn't carry CF nail polish, and Aymmy's clothing are all made in China so most likely in sweatshops. It's doubtful these places would be CF with no mentions because ethical consumerism is hardly a movement in Japan. Seems like Japanese goods and connections are more important to her than what she's been preaching for all this time... She disappoints me so much as being ethical here in Japan is extremely difficult without much options available and I was hoping that she'd set an example :alpacadone:

IMG_3470.PNG

imo she doesn't care about it as much as she used to. She has a certain aesthetic that she really wants to adhere to. 

I feel like she's fine with small changes, like switching out certain makeup products and giving up red/white meat. When it comes to going full vegan and giving up cute clothes that were made in sweatshops she's like "nah"

Edited by lilico

Posted (edited)

? what? i mean i agree about the popularity issue, and i also think olivya is more suitable for the character, but mei is supposed to act like the """badass fake deep shit"""... those are the lines she was given, that is the role she was given...

all I'm saying is that both Meis acting and film is tragic. The role that was given to her didn't fit her at all. Whoever directed this did a bad job escpially with the fake deep shiiiitttttt!!!!!!!!!!!  Jfcccccccc!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Artist

Posted

Sorry to go OT, but this still has to do with Mei so idk...

I remember watching her tongue piercing FAQ video, and she said something like she couldn't talk for like 2 years afterwards??

So now I'm hesitant to get one, and just wondering if she's a whiny snake baby or if what she says is true like...

giphy.gif

Posted

Sorry to go OT, but this still has to do with Mei so idk...

I remember watching her tongue piercing FAQ video, and she said something like she couldn't talk for like 2 years afterwards??

So now I'm hesitant to get one, and just wondering if she's a whiny snake baby or if what she says is true like...

giphy.gif

She said 2-3 days. If you couldn't talk for 2 years because of a tongue piercing, something is seriously wrong.

I wouldn't rely solely on her experience on tongue piercings because she is just one person and everyone's body is different.