• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Princessmei

2209 posts in this topic

Posted

Did you guys see her new christian nails? I think it's quite disrespectful since, as far as I know, she's not religious. She's always saying "don't use japanese words if you're not japanese yourself!!!!!!" "only wear qipao if you're chinese because it's disrespectful the other way!!!!!!" and stuff like that and now she's not being consequent with what she always says imo

_20170720_110629.JPG

It's honestly really weird to have a picture of a religious figure on your nails...

Posted (edited)

Did you guys see her new christian nails? I think it's quite disrespectful since, as far as I know, she's not religious. She's always saying "don't use japanese words if you're not japanese yourself!!!!!!" "only wear qipao if you're chinese because it's disrespectful the other way!!!!!!" and stuff like that and now she's not being consequent with what she always says imo

_20170720_110629.JPG

I don't think she ever mentioned her religion, but correct me if I'm wrong. Whoever did her nails did a messy job imo.

Edited by Snowman

Posted

either people just don't care or they get a kick because of it , sinning with jesus on your fingers 

Posted

I don't think she ever mentioned her religion, but correct me if I'm wrong. Whoever did her nails did a messy job imo.

Yeah, especially crosses looks too bulky. She should have gone to where Dakota makes her nails done. Their designs are always so neat! 

Posted

I was raised evangelic and I don't see a problem with it?? There is so much 'merch' of Christian symbols or iconography (for example the jesus candles, or bracelets) and the cross is also really often used in normal fashion, I don't think that says a ton about her or if she's a hypocrite...
Call me a whiteknight but just because this thread is slow it shouldn't get too nitpicky but might just be my opinion

I don't mind the crosses since they are used in fashion, esp in Japan lol, but it is really weird that she also has images of Jesus on her nails. I've always considered the use of religious figures by the secular kinda disrespectful bc they're very sacred to those that believe in them so idk why anyone would use them for the sake of fashion.

Ofc they're just nail decals so there's no need to cause an uproar about it imo.

Posted

Am I the only one who thinks her fashion sense has gotten bad recently? I was watching her latest japan hauls/lookbooks and most of the items weren't particularly interesting, plus she always wore the same colour for the bottom and the top. Tokyo is pretty famous for alternative fashion and there was so much interesting stuff she could have picked just by shopping in thrift stores (like seriously the black shirt with embroidery looks like something most old Asian ladies have in their closet, even my grandma has one)

Posted

Am I the only one who thinks her fashion sense has gotten bad recently? I was watching her latest japan hauls/lookbooks and most of the items weren't particularly interesting, plus she always wore the same colour for the bottom and the top. Tokyo is pretty famous for alternative fashion and there was so much interesting stuff she could have picked just by shopping in thrift stores (like seriously the black shirt with embroidery looks like something most old Asian ladies have in their closet, even my grandma has one)

i agree! i don't know how to explain this well but her fashion has got very...over the top for lack of better words. some of her outfits just don't look right somehow, like she's wearing fancy dress. most of her newer lookbooks seem like she's trying to wear the strangest outfit and get away with it. aren't lookbooks supposed to inspire people on what to wear? I couldn't wear half the stuff she does and feel comfortable but thats just me personally.

Posted

i agree! i don't know how to explain this well but her fashion has got very...over the top for lack of better words. some of her outfits just don't look right somehow, like she's wearing fancy dress. most of her newer lookbooks seem like she's trying to wear the strangest outfit and get away with it. aren't lookbooks supposed to inspire people on what to wear? I couldn't wear half the stuff she does and feel comfortable but thats just me personally.

Yeah conceptually they look good and because she's conventionally attractive and skinny she can pull it off, like the really small top+ the flowers would look good for a shoot or a music festival but it's the kind of thing that might get you arrested for indecent exposure especially if you have big boobs. Mei wore some weird stuff like fuzzy pink grandma slippers in the past but it has really gotten over the top recently. Just because a clothing piece is flashy doesn't mean it's good or suits her. 

Posted (edited)

I know nothing about posing or modelling, but she seriously needs to go to modelling school or something - a lot of her  posing  is very unnatural, especially when she's closing her eyes. I watch Jenn Im from time to time, and while she is not a model, her expressions and way of showcasing herself appear very natural, even if it is very mainstream. I don't want to see Mei closing her eyes or staring into the distance with her mouth half open every 5 seconds. She has a very pretty face and a beautiful smile (with teeth!) that she should take advantage of. If she's not into that - cool, but at least work on your whole "ethereal" aesthetic way of posing .

Edited by saladbars

Posted

The movie is here

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry but I can't take her acting seriously 💀 I'm trying not to laugh. The role doesn't fit her at all . 

Edited by Artist

Posted

just finished watching it and i have to say that while the whole concept was nice, the way that the film was carried out was .. tacky. the acting, the random music, the unconnected artsy phrases, and the lighting was all very cringy ! i really tried to like this film but in the end it was very disappointing and dissatisfying. Mei's acting was also very amateurish, like she's never had a script or been in front of a camera. Truly, she's in the film not because of her acting but because she's a big youtuber and conventionally attractive. Sigh, what a let down.