• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

youtube Princessmei

2773 posts in this topic

Posted

i agree about the hair dying videos and why she does it so ofter.the blue to blonde one got almost 900k in a day and i was like :o

i do have such type of humour and i do find her funny.yeah sometimes i may do get nitpicky but i can't help it lmao

but idk by what i have seen she doesn't seem to appreciate what she has as much as she should(which i have only gathered from her social media since idk her irl or whatever).and this probably bothered me more than it should since whenever my clothes are ruined i get pretty upset but she doesn't seem to mind a lot especially since some of it goes to depop too(i may took this too personally idk)

Omg haha, it's ok. I think we all get nitpicky sometimes.

And I see what you're saying... that sounds pretty true to me. Different example but, look at how she has treated her subs in the past - shitting on them when they're the reason for her success. If that's not being ungrateful idk what is lol... 

I get upset when clothes are ruined or stained too :alpacaworry2: It's so stressful tbh. At this point she seems to be pretty used to staining her clothes? lmao... but don't worry I think your reaction totally makes sense! Like most people try to preserve the nice things they have/value, but she doesn't (or has a harder time doing it?).

Posted

I think that this is a really, really valid point. Someone mentioned this issue to me a couple months ago and it was really some food for thought. Thrift shops original purpose is to serve low income citizens who do not have the funds to purchase new clothing - so by shopping at thrift stores, it's really a bit parasitic in a way? I mean of course, it depends on the extent to how much you thrift - the more you thrift, the more you are taking away from people who may need those resources. And it's a bit messed up to profit off of a system meant to serve people in need... which is what Mei is doing. In general, the rich (or upper-middle class) arguably shouldn't be taking advantage of a system designed to help the lower class. I wouldn't call that ethically (or morally?) sound. (feel free to correct me or anything - I'm tired so I might not make 100% sense)

The best solution is honestly to stop buying clothes, but I don't know if Mei would (or could?) do that since she has to be a e s t h e t i c and #goals all the time. Making clothes is a good solution too, but is pretty hard to get into the habit of doing admittedly :alpacaworry2: Making clothes takes so much time and effort, so kudos to her for sewing clothes now and then.

I'm thinking that both Mei and Olivya have been sponsored/partnered (or some kind of program) with Artic Fox maybe? I could be wrong but I think it's a reasonable possibility, since both of them are using Artic Fox as of late. I don't think Mei is the type to just give a shout out like that just for kicks. I think Mei is dying her hair so often because her hair videos tend to do waaaaay better than her other videos, take one glance at her uploads page and you can see the pretty huge difference in viewership. 

I think the issue with people buying clothes from thrift shops happens when they resell it at a higher price for profit. Mei doesn't necessarily have to stop buying clothes from thrift shops, as long as she wears the clothes regularly. She could also shift her market to vintage shops, which sell the types of clothing Mei's generally into for more than just $5 apiece.

That's true, about her hair videos. Regardless I still think it's a huge waste. It's also not going to make a great video if she's dyeing her hair from a lighter shade of pink to a darker shade of pink?  

Posted (edited)

(@kyara  yeah, she's great!! :D)

I agree with clementine on the issue of reselling at a higher cost for profit. Is there a fashion equivalent of the word "gentrification"? :Alpacaconfused:

(btw, does Mei meet the requirements for being a little snowflake?)

Edited by disktrasa

Posted

(@kyara  yeah, she's great!! :D)

I agree with clementine on the issue of reselling at a higher cost for profit. Is there a fashion equivalent of the word "gentrification"? :Alpacaconfused:

(btw, does Mei meet the requirements for being a little snowflake?)

Even though I dislike Mei, I don't think she's quite a little snowflake in PULL yet. She's cringey and annoying at times but for the most part she doesn't lie/scam her fans, and some of her content is just misguided. She also hasn't had the classic snowflake meltdown of calling out her "haters" on social media yet either, as far as I can tell. At worst she's just a weaboo princess that thinks she's hot shit but I wouldn't call her a little snowflake by PULL standards :lamaheadshake:

Posted

I think the issue with people buying clothes from thrift shops happens when they resell it at a higher price for profit. Mei doesn't necessarily have to stop buying clothes from thrift shops, as long as she wears the clothes regularly. She could also shift her market to vintage shops, which sell the types of clothing Mei's generally into for more than just $5 apiece.

That's true, about her hair videos. Regardless I still think it's a huge waste. It's also not going to make a great video if she's dyeing her hair from a lighter shade of pink to a darker shade of pink?  

Yeah yeah I think that's fine if she's wearing the stuff regularly and not reselling it for a pretty high profit. I mean like... that $5 jacket she sold for $35..... lol... It seems like a bunch of the pieces in her depop are things she bought from the thrift store not really for herself, but with the intent to sell since a lot of things in it don't fit her correctly, or are too hard for her to incorporate into her looks frequently.

About the hair thing YEAH, I agree. That dusty pink was really nice :( Plus it seems like Olivya is doing something again with her hair too...? They both change their hair so frequently omfg

Posted

Thrifting takes time so it's understandable if she sells for a bit higher price, like 5$ higher. Thrift shops aren't like those new clothing stores where everything has multiples and are neatly hung to it's easier to sort through them. depending on the thrift store's standards a lot of the stuff might already have stains/holes in them so it may take a while to find something of a decent quality. 

but yeah her shopping all this stuff seems really unnecessary, her parents fully support her and they seem pretty well off so its not like she actually lacks money, she's just doing it to have a different outfit everyday and toss her clothes out when she gets bored after like 3 wears. she could at least chosen other vintage or higher quality stores to shop in (Come on, Goodwill? that store is mainly focused on low income people and it' just so insulting that she, a fully abled person who doesn't study or have an actual job and relies mainly on her parents' wealth, shops here and takes stuff away from low income people who work 40+ hours a week). Also she said in one video that she likes ugly stuff, and the uglier something is, the more likely she's to buy it, does this apply to clothing as well? Maybe she realizes sometimes that her clothing doesn't actually look that good but assumes her followers will buy caus she still looked pretty while wearing it. 

There's no way 95% of her fans could afford to buy her used stuff. Olivya sells her stuff at reasonable prices and decent quality and pretty much all of them are sold except for the most recent ones. I bet Mei just sits here and thinks: ''If I sell just one item I could make a huge profit and live in luxury for days''. 

Posted

I'm really glad the point about low income shoppers has been made, it really is some food for thought. As someone who volunteers at a local charity store, it especially irks me to see her re-sell for far more than the thrifted price... granted when she resells her target demographic is no longer low income citizens, it's still upsetting, especially where stains are concerned. But as someone has mentioned before, if you're willing to spend that much to buy from Mei, that's up to you. At my store, it's typical of high-income people to re-donate the items they purchase once they've had their use of them, it's very sweet and I think that's how it should be, I believe that is why this particular topic doesn't sit right with me. Of all the things we have made point of, the re-selling of thrifted clothing seems to be the one she's less inclined to 'fix', I'm sure she has her reasons but still I wonder.. 

Posted

I think Olivya and Mei use Artic Fox because its vegan and cruelty free. I wish they used a variety of different vegan and cruelty free hair dyes but idk

I'm thinking that both Mei and Olivya have been sponsored/partnered (or some kind of program) with Artic Fox maybe? I could be wrong but I think it's a reasonable possibility, since both of them are using Artic Fox as of late. I don't think Mei is the type to just give a shout out like that just for kicks. I think Mei is dying her hair so often because her hair videos tend to do waaaaay better than her other videos, take one glance at her uploads page and you can see the pretty huge difference in viewership. 

Posted (edited)

I'm really glad the point about low income shoppers has been made, it really is some food for thought. As someone who volunteers at a local charity store, it especially irks me to see her re-sell for far more than the thrifted price... granted when she resells her target demographic is no longer low income citizens, it's still upsetting, especially where stains are concerned. But as someone has mentioned before, if you're willing to spend that much to buy from Mei, that's up to you. At my store, it's typical of high-income people to re-donate the items they purchase once they've had their use of them, it's very sweet and I think that's how it should be, I believe that is why this particular topic doesn't sit right with me. Of all the things we have made point of, the re-selling of thrifted clothing seems to be the one she's less inclined to 'fix', I'm sure she has her reasons but still I wonder.. 

Alright, I'm just going to go out on a limb here (this is just a theory)

I used to work at Value Village, another donation center store centered around low-income people. We'd get donations, but we'd throw out anything that's torn, dirtied, or has any stains that can't be removed. So I think that when Mei gets a stain on the clothing that she sells (another theory floating around is that she doesn't try to wash the stains out/knows they can't be removed), she knows that her fans will take her stained clothing for a much higher price than to try and donate it again.

(Apologies if I made any mistakes, offended someone, or my theory was so off the tracks I derailed the post)

Edited by Aerchitl
gamma grammar

Posted (edited)

Alright, I'm just going to go out on a limb here (this is just a theory)

I used to work at Value Village, another donation center store centered around low-income people. We'd get donations, but we'd throw out anything that's torn, dirtied, or has any stains that can't be removed. So I think that when Mei gets a stain on the clothing that she sells (another theory floating around is that she doesn't try to wash the stains out/knows they can't be removed), she knows that her fans will take her stained clothing for a much higher price than to try and donate it again.

(Apologies if I made any mistakes, offended someone, or my theory was so off the tracks I derailed the post)

nah i think she just likes making money tbh bc she could always sell it for 10-15 dollars not 35+

and yes i see you noted her selling it but i dont think it has anything to do with the stains

Edited by ayaka
yikes

Posted

but yeah her shopping all this stuff seems really unnecessary, her parents fully support her and they seem pretty well off so its not like she actually lacks money, she's just doing it to have a different outfit everyday and toss her clothes out when she gets bored after like 3 wears. she could at least chosen other vintage or higher quality stores to shop in (Come on, Goodwill? that store is mainly focused on low income people and it' just so insulting that she, a fully abled person who doesn't study or have an actual job and relies mainly on her parents' wealth, shops here and takes stuff away from low income people who work 40+ hours a week). Also she said in one video that she likes ugly stuff, and the uglier something is, the more likely she's to buy it, does this apply to clothing as well? Maybe she realizes sometimes that her clothing doesn't actually look that good but assumes her followers will buy caus she still looked pretty while wearing it. 

This exactly. I would understand if she took time out of her day to regularly thrift and resell quality, vintage pieces people would actually want (as opposed to people buying because Mei wore it in her lookbook, like you mentioned) in order to make ends meet or a small amount of pocket money. It's clear though that all her immediate necessities are taken care of, and I'm sure she's making at least some amount of money off her videos/Instagram, so why the greed? :hmm:

I didn't know about the ugly comment. I'm always confused when people say they like "ugly" clothing. If it's ugly, why would you wear it? 

Posted (edited)

Edit: Nevermind :alpacadone: Ignore this post

Edited by minmin

Posted

Sorry I don't have proof of this story but I have another story about Mei's bad personality.  I think about two years ago Mei started hanging out with my friend (Friend C) a lot. After a few months I heard Mei didn't like Friend C anymore but I still saw photos of them together. Fast forward to an anime convention. Mei was rooming with Friend C and a couple of my friends (one of which told me this story). On one of the days Friend C got sick and couldn't walk to the convention. That night, her roommates planned to walk to Denny's for dinner. Friend C really wanted to go with them and asked if they can pick her up at the hotel and walk to Denny's together since she was on the way and was too sick to walk alone. She waited in the lobby but Mei and her friends never dropped by. Apparently Mei told her friends to not pick up Friend C. One of my friends ended up going back to the hotel to pick up Friend C. 

This story makes all the friends sound bad but my friend that picked up Friend C specifically said Mei told the friends not to pick up Friend C. And If you know Mei and her group, no one defies Mei.

Posted

looks like Mei got rid of all her omocat videos. I wonder why, I know she wants to distance herself from anime but isn't that going a little far. it like she wants to erase it ever happened.

Posted

looks like Mei got rid of all her omocat videos. I wonder why, I know she wants to distance herself from anime but isn't that going a little far. it like she wants to erase it ever happened.

I think it's because she just might've found out what a horrible person Omocat was like with the scamming and stuff. If she really wanted to drop anime, she wouldn't still like yu-gi-oh and BL, but I don't think that she's going to take down videos that involve that.