• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

youtube Princessmei

2662 posts in this topic

Posted

You're right, nobody has control over that, which is why I said she just should settle in with the idea of being associated with anime/Japan to save kicking up a storm whenever it's said about her. 

She has been hypocritical but I don't think it's easy to let yourself be associated with something you don't want to be associated with. and even if that was her in the past, she shouldn't have to be stuck with it now when she doesn't want to be. 

Posted

I'm not trying to be a nitpicky bitch, but I do not think this looks good. The patterns are too similar but not the same. Could have just used a white or black top? For her whole thing to be aesthetics…this really missed imo

IMG_0956.PNG

Posted

The top is cute by itself and does suit her. I have to agree with @Mao that the skirt and the shirt do not work. She looks like a picnic blanket to me.

Posted

I'm not trying to be a nitpicky bitch, but I do not think this looks good. The patterns are too similar but not the same. Could have just used a white or black top? For her whole thing to be aesthetics…this really missed imo

IMG_0956.PNG

the thing that mainly bothers me is that the ribbons are way too long.the pattern doesnt really bother me but i'd prefer a black top only cause i prefer it better myself

apart from that i think it's cute.it's nice she got to make a video like that since she actually sews and stuff

Posted

so she did make the top! i did remember seeing similar gingham tops in her depop likes at the time but i apologize for assuming the worst :alpacaworry:

both pieces look good individually, but together...... it would look better with some solid colors in there to balance it out.

Posted

i watched the video on how to make the gingham crop top. although she explains the measurements with elastic very well, i feel like... she was missing some specifics. for her to say "easy for begginers," she didn't specify what is the "inside" and the "outside" and that the ribbons are finished by pulling it inside-out (unless Mei didn't do that). i mean begginers may or may not have taken note of those things and make a mistake.

i don't know if anyone else who sews know what i'm talking about i'm rambling (or nitpicky)... :alpacadone:

Posted (edited)

So yes this proves, as I previously said, that she did make the top herself. I do not mind it to be fair, I quite like it. However I think it might look a bit odd because the skirt has plain black elements while the top doesn't. Maybe if she made the straps/ribbons black or added some other black element it would look better.

EDIT: my bad didn't read Guerlain's post, so yeah I agree

Edited by Ram

Posted (edited)

I recently saw a video by someone called Rian Phin where she talks about the pros and cons of thrift shopping.

She mentioned that rich ppl are buying things from thrift shops only to sell it on etsy for 10x the original price (because it's trendy) while poor ppl kinda have to shop at thrift stores and Mei instantly popped up in my head. I know that Mei does wear the clothes at least a few times (stains hahah) but that doesn't change the fact that she's benefiting monetarily from thrifting and reselling.

As someone who has to thrift because of a low income seeing Mei trying to sell all those thrifted outfits for such a high price is very irritating :alpacaworry2:

(Sry if this already has been mentioned before in the thread, didn't have time to read the whole thing)

i didn't think of it this way but if this is true then it really sucks especially since she claims she does this to prevent supporting sweatshop labor

not that i want to put down her beliefs or whatever but she maybe does partly do what you said

Edited by Iiris

Posted (edited)

Get ready for the shirt with the pink stain for sale on her depop :alpacawink:

Capture.PNG

Edited by littlewitch

Posted

Capture.PNG

Didn't she just get her dyed at the really nice salon, like two weeks ago? I mean, she's free to do what she wants with her hair but it seems like such a waste of her new, not to mention, expensive hair color to dye it another shade of pink? 

Posted (edited)

It's not a coincidence, she definitely knows about the threads, as do many people in her friend groups/previous friend groups that dislike her.

I have no doubt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.0180bfdc8dd88871b

Edited by kowary

Posted (edited)

oh my god so much love lmao

Capture.PNG

what bothers me more about this is how she is like "STAINED EVERYTHING LOL".like what is so funny about making a mess and(probably)staining some extra clothes?does she think it's funny or quirky cause it ain't

i'm pretty sure that if the stuff was exclusively bought with her own money it would not be that funny right?and she would probably make an effort to protect her stuff

if i was one of her parents i would be at least kinda pissed tbh

Edited by Iiris

Posted (edited)

I recently saw a video by someone called Rian Phin where she talks about the pros and cons of thrift shopping.

She mentioned that rich ppl are buying things from thrift shops only to sell it on etsy for 10x the original price (because it's trendy) while poor ppl kinda have to shop at thrift stores and Mei instantly popped up in my head. I know that Mei does wear the clothes at least a few times (stains hahah) but that doesn't change the fact that she's benefiting monetarily from thrifting and reselling.

As someone who has to thrift because of a low income seeing Mei trying to sell all those thrifted outfits for such a high price is very irritating :alpacaworry2:

(Sry if this already has been mentioned before in the thread, didn't have time to read the whole thing)

(Ok, first of all, I love Rian Phin - she's one of my favorite youtubers! She's so real!)

I think that this is a really, really valid point. Someone mentioned this issue to me a couple months ago and it was really some food for thought. Thrift shops original purpose is to serve low income citizens who do not have the funds to purchase new clothing - so by shopping at thrift stores, it's really a bit parasitic in a way? I mean of course, it depends on the extent to how much you thrift - the more you thrift, the more you are taking away from people who may need those resources. And it's a bit messed up to profit off of a system meant to serve people in need... which is what Mei is doing. In general, the rich (or upper-middle class) arguably shouldn't be taking advantage of a system designed to help the lower class. I wouldn't call that ethically (or morally?) sound. (feel free to correct me or anything - I'm tired so I might not make 100% sense)

The best solution is honestly to stop buying clothes, but I don't know if Mei would (or could?) do that since she has to be a e s t h e t i c and #goals all the time. Making clothes is a good solution too, but is pretty hard to get into the habit of doing admittedly :alpacaworry2: Making clothes takes so much time and effort, so kudos to her for sewing clothes now and then.

Capture.PNG

Didn't she just get her dyed at the really nice salon, like two weeks ago? I mean, she's free to do what she wants with her hair but it seems like such a waste of her new, not to mention, expensive hair color to dye it another shade of pink? 

I'm thinking that both Mei and Olivya have been sponsored/partnered (or some kind of program) with Artic Fox maybe? I could be wrong but I think it's a reasonable possibility, since both of them are using Artic Fox as of late. I don't think Mei is the type to just give a shout out like that just for kicks. I think Mei is dying her hair so often because her hair videos tend to do waaaaay better than her other videos, take one glance at her uploads page and you can see the pretty huge difference in viewership. 

tbh the 'rat' part was really extra omg but ok...

what bothers me more about this is how she is like "STAINED EVERYTHING LOL".like what is so funny about making a mess and(probably)staining some extra clothes?does she think it's funny or quirky cause it ain't

i'm pretty sure that if the stuff was exclusively bought with her own money it would not be that funny right?and she would probably make an effort to protect her stuff

if i was one of her parents i would be at least kinda pissed tbh

In my opinion I think it's OK that she made a comment like that - twitter is a place to just be candid and express your thoughts. It's not so much that the LOL is a real 'lol' (if you get what I'm saying) but shes just complaining about something in a lighthearted matter. A lot of people have a self-deprecating sense of humor so idk, I think it's fine. Tbh I think this thread is getting really nitpicky in some ways, man. :alpacaworry: (this comment is not directed at you by the way - just the thread in general as of recently!)

As for the staining part, yea she should probably try a little harder not stain things but maybe she's just really clumsy in that way... I have a sibling who stains stuff pretty easily so some people are just more prone to staining stuff I guess lol? I think her parents probably don't care too much if she stains her stuff, I mean, it's her stuff so how she takes care of it is her responsibility. Unless she's wrecking the house or other family members stuff I imagine they don't really mind - they seem to be pretty supportive parents (they do support her youtube career so y'know, that's pretty supportive) .

Edited by kyara

Posted

I'm thinking that both Mei and Olivya have been sponsored/partnered (or some kind of program) with Artic Fox maybe? I could be wrong but I think it's a reasonable possibility, since both of them are using Artic Fox as of late. I don't think Mei is the type to just give a shout out like that just for kicks. I think Mei is dying her hair so often because her hair videos tend to do waaaaay better than her other videos, take one glance at her uploads page and you can see the pretty huge difference in viewership. 

In my opinion I think it's OK that she made a comment like that - twitter is a place to just be candid and express your thoughts. It's not so much that the LOL is a real 'lol' (if you get what I'm saying) but shes just complaining about something in a lighthearted matter. A lot of people have a self-deprecating sense of humor so idk, I think it's fine. Tbh I think this thread is getting really nitpicky in some ways, man. :alpacaworry: (this comment is not directed at you by the way - just the thread in general as of recently!)

As for the staining part, yea she should probably try a little harder not stain things but maybe she's just really clumsy in that way... I have a sibling who stains stuff pretty easily so some people are just more prone to staining stuff I guess lol? I think her parents probably don't care too much if she stains her stuff, I mean, it's her stuff so how she takes care of it is her responsibility. Unless she's wrecking the house or other family members stuff I imagine they don't really mind - they seem to be pretty supportive parents (they do support her youtube career so y'know, that's pretty supportive) .

i agree about the hair dying videos and why she does it so ofter.the blue to blonde one got almost 900k in a day and i was like :o

i do have such type of humour and i do find her funny.yeah sometimes i may do get nitpicky but i can't help it lmao

but idk by what i have seen she doesn't seem to appreciate what she has as much as she should(which i have only gathered from her social media since idk her irl or whatever).and this probably bothered me more than it should since whenever my clothes are ruined i get pretty upset but she doesn't seem to mind a lot especially since some of it goes to depop too(i may took this too personally idk)