• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

youtube Princessmei

2662 posts in this topic

Posted

honestly, i miss her rambling on about anime and BL, it didnt feel forced unlike when she always talks about being cruelty free or about her chinese culture. also since majority of her fanbase are BL-loving otakus, i dont know how she'll do in the future lol. 

Posted (edited)

I dont like her ...

shes always yawning and seems really annoying. Like how she complains when people compare her to an anime character and ask her if shes japanese. Literally she would get so butt hurt over it. I mean theres a reason why people ask. Where do you get you inspiration from then? Also its not like those questions are rude or mean.

I like her friend amelia tho shes really down to earth and calm

Edited by zakka

Posted

I've noticed she's selling her dress from her doll lookbook for more than what she bought it for. Original was $36 (including shipping) and Mei's is $45 (including shipping). I guess she could be charging $9 extra but for something that's now third-hand and likely stained ?? lol

image.png

image.png

image.png

Posted

I've noticed she's selling her dress from her doll lookbook for more than what she bought it for. Original was $36 (including shipping) and Mei's is $45 (including shipping). I guess she could be charging $9 extra but for something that's now third-hand and likely stained ?? lol

image.png

image.png

image.png

I was looking for the original depop post a little while ago since Mei tweets out what she buys. I wasn't able to find the post on it so it made me super suspicious. (I was on mobile twitter though so I could of just missed the tweet.)

Mei is all about that cold hard profit man lol

Posted

Okay so I watched her 5 minute make-up rechallenge video and it annoyed me to hell... So she can't stick losing so has to do it again? Her friend Vy looked so awkward and uncomfortable, she didn't really seem like she was having fun at all. Mei was over the top like some child acting up because it is their birthday party, and the constant HHHNGGH, AHHH, UGGHHH was so bothersome, Vy actually kept chilled and got one with it whereas Mei was just using a lot of her time and effort to freak out, get it wrong and pause for dramatic effect. I wooped a little when whoever judged picked Vy over her because she needed to be taken down a notch. I didn't get the feel that these guys were good friends, let alone best friends, it felt really staged. Plus not only did Mei get butt hurt over losing last time that she had to do a rechallenge video, but she was such a wimp to get slapped and made a massive fuss over it; I bet if it had been her doing the slapping she wouldn't have held back as much as Vy did.

Posted

image.png

image.png

image.png

She seriously needs to stop this. There's no reason the dress would be more than she bought it for, especially since she didn't even thrift this herself :alpacabored:

I feel like the extra $15 is what she thinks is the worth of her "stamp of approval" or something. That just because she bought it and wore it for her doll video, it's worth more. 

Posted

Tbh I don't think she has to stop...if people are stupid enough to buy it its not her fault e.e
Don't get me wrong I find it iffy as well especially with her whole 'sweatshop free yada yada I'm a better human' but it just shows how naive people are

Posted

Tbh I don't think she has to stop...if people are stupid enough to buy it its not her fault e.e
Don't get me wrong I find it iffy as well especially with her whole 'sweatshop free yada yada I'm a better human' but it just shows how naive people are

I think "needs to stop" was the wrong phrase. "Want her to stop" is what I wanted to say. 

It's just seems very fishy as to why she's doing this. If she really wanted money, I feel like she should stop buying clothes for the sole purpose for her lookbooks and then selling them off marked way up... Or actually be creative and make something to sell on depop, I don't know. This instance seems especially strange since she spent a good $30 on a nice dress, wore it once, and decided to sell it off for more than she bought. It's just greedy and doesn't fit the persona she's trying to be. 

Posted

I think "needs to stop" was the wrong phrase. "Want her to stop" is what I wanted to say. 

It's just seems very fishy as to why she's doing this. If she really wanted money, I feel like she should stop buying clothes for the sole purpose for her lookbooks and then selling them off marked way up... Or actually be creative and make something to sell on depop, I don't know. This instance seems especially strange since she spent a good $30 on a nice dress, wore it once, and decided to sell it off for more than she bought. It's just greedy and doesn't fit the persona she's trying to be. 

Well, when I think about it, her only income or thing she has going for her right now is her youtube channel, seeing as she quit school and isn't working other jobs. Selling overpriced clothing on depop is just another way for her to earn some money I guess??

Posted

Well, when I think about it, her only income or thing she has going for her right now is her youtube channel, seeing as she quit school and isn't working other jobs. Selling overpriced clothing on depop is just another way for her to earn some money I guess??

Right, I agree that she's trying to make money but what I wanted to emphasize is that it seems all around incredibly greedy and strange of her in this instance to buy a $30 dress that was clearly thrifted by the original seller and then sell it off almost immediately for a higher price. If she cared about her money, I feel like she should have just found a cheaper alternative at a local thrift store and sold it off after the video. The fact that she put it on her depop immediately after she uploaded the video tells me she wasn't planning on wearing the dress anyways. 

Posted

I guess her followers actually bought the dress because she looked pretty in it to they think they'd look pretty if they wear it too. Clothing usually sells it better when you put it on a conventionally attractive model (to be fair that dress looks kinda tacky to me, the sleeves look out of place caus of the shape and the motif's too flashy so it'd be hard to coordinate)

Posted

I guess her followers actually bought the dress because she looked pretty in it to they think they'd look pretty if they wear it too. Clothing usually sells it better when you put it on a conventionally attractive model (to be fair that dress looks kinda tacky to me, the sleeves look out of place caus of the shape and the motif's too flashy so it'd be hard to coordinate)

jep exactly, also we shouldn't dismiss that the person buying her stuff is probably going to be happy with what they are buying, afterall they are buying it regardless of the price.

Posted

You guys should check out her SocialBlade - https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCPlPMWbk0fy_zKvUDEnm0vw

I'm not 100% sure how SocialBlade works, but according to the estimated earnings, she's making a good amount/fair amount. She's obviously making enough to buy expensive clothes, so there's no need to re-sell them for more....? I guess she can do what she wants, but... I find it distasteful that she's trying to advertise this ~ ethical lifestyle ~ but not making it accessible to a lot of her viewers when she sells her stuff for so much. Most of her viewers are probably young adults - teenagers who probably don't have that much money to splurge. I remember back in her depop video (I think) she said 'I'm being nice and sharing these pieces with you all!' Girl, please. Just say you want to make some extra cash. We all know that's what you're after lmao.... just be real, geez. This hypocritical look ain't cute, Mei. :douge:

f4b20b5d78f866f8d591d48e170f9bb9.png

Posted (edited)

You guys should check out her SocialBlade - https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCPlPMWbk0fy_zKvUDEnm0vw

I'm not 100% sure how SocialBlade works, but according to the estimated earnings, she's making a good amount/fair amount. She's obviously making enough to buy expensive clothes, so there's no need to re-sell them for more....? I guess she can do what she wants, but... I find it distasteful that she's trying to advertise this ~ ethical lifestyle ~ but not making it accessible to a lot of her viewers when she sells her stuff for so much. Most of her viewers are probably young adults - teenagers who probably don't have that much money to splurge. I remember back in her depop video (I think) she said 'I'm being nice and sharing these pieces with you all!' Girl, please. Just say you want to make some extra cash. We all know that's what you're after lmao.... just be real, geez. This hypocritical look ain't cute, Mei. :douge:

f4b20b5d78f866f8d591d48e170f9bb9.png

THIS is what I wanted to prove! Thanks kyara!! 

She doesn't need to pay for rent or food, she lives with her parents, right? I don't have an issue with her selling her old clothes that she doesn't want, as long as they're reasonably priced. However, she shouldn't be pretending she's doing her fans a favor by buying clothes that she won't even wear and hiking the price up. 

Edited by clementine
typo

Posted

What a saint Mei is giving 15% off her stained pieces :alpacawink:

all jokes aside Mei can sell her clothes for whatever price she wants but I will still hella judge those prices if they are stained. ;c

Capture.PNG