• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Princessmei

2251 posts in this topic

Posted

AAAAND she's not even shipping worldwide so idk why shipping would cost almost 30$??? Sounds really fishy ://

Posted

I think she's cute and her videos can be informative but beyond that I'm not impressed or encaptured by her beauty. 

Now that I know she asking permission for the music she uses in her videos, I think she should probably send out an apology and make sure to ask and give credit from now forward.

I don't see the huge issue with her selling the jacket for so much more than she bought it. Plenty of people buy thrifted clothes super cheap and then resell them to make a profit. Unless she lied saying "oh I am selling this for what I bought it at and only added a shipping charge" then I don't see why to be upset over her prices. 

To play devil's advocate about shipping prices, if she is trying to ship it by weight it could be quite heavy and USPS is ridiculous with prices and tracking numbers are an additional $5 right now? The jacket looks like it could be heavy so I would personally put it in the smallest flat rate box I could fit it in, haha. Then shipping would be super cheap.

Posted

I find her to be really annoying. Her voice is really irritating, especially when she squeals or does some other weird noises.I was wondering if she thought she was a special  snowflake and then I saw her 20 facts video and her little rant on how she hates being compared  made me post on here, she admits that she dislikes it and how much of a perfectionist she is and it just rang special snowflake in my head.  Also her head shape freaks me out a little.

Do you ever think about the fact that you took your time to sign up for a website just to go to this topic and write an entire paragraph about why you don't like someone.

Like.

W o w.

Posted (edited)

Do you ever think about the fact that you took your time to sign up for a website just to go to this topic and write an entire paragraph about why you don't like someone.

Like.

W o w.

and how are you any better? you're here and most likely did the exact same thing. cute hypocrisy tho. 😳

I don't know how to feel about Mei TBH. I originally followed her friend "gass.y" or whatever and she would occasionally post pictures of her and she was so cute it grabbed my attention. And now she just blew up out of nowhere.

What bothers me about her is that she seems like one of those perfectionists who thrive to have the best ~aesthetic~ out there and they're 2good4anyone. She's extremely picky and just overall snobbish.

Also about the depop situation, it's fucking annoying how high her prices are. Especially this one that you can see has such an obvious, gross stain. If it's noticeable in a picture then imagine how noticeable it is IRL. 

image.png

Edited by tigerlily
changed pic to show price.

Posted

Her items are really over priced tbh :alpacaworry:

most of them she only paid $3-$10 for but she's selling them for like $45-$50? 

Shes cute but I don't like that she's screwing her fans over :alpacadone:

Posted

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 6.51.12 PM.png

This really frustrates me. I'd find it hard to believe that she was never like this. I mean look at how she reacts to yugioh and BL now. Suddenly she's better than everyone.

this bothered me as well I mean I feel super positive about her wanting to bring across her heritage and that she's not japanese and not korean but chinese and stuff
however to me it seems she's just trying so hard? Because she's obviously into japanese fashion and anime and stuff e.e how does that make you any better? or rather how are people bad and stupid for calling you 'kawaii' or anything alike? They're just making a compliment they aren't negating your chinese background

Posted

I looove that she's increasing visibility of her own culture and educating people (Like her Qixiong she made, incredible!) but it doesn't mean she should just suddenly deny any responses like that. Like you said, it really passes off as her being better than people! Like what's so bad about people complimenting you, even if its not in such a conventional way. A compliment is a compliment. She does like anime and Japanese inspired things (snakku, that typical dress style etc) and clearly a lot of people follow her because of that so of course those types of responses are expected. She should have though about that before deciding to Youtube as a ~career~. Youre going to have a fan base thats going to have an array of responses and if youre not prepared to deal with them gracefully, why bother.

Posted

She comes off as a weeb 90% of the time imo. At least in regard to the parts of Japanese culture she shows off. Regardless she should expect these sort of comments with the type of videos/posts she shares. 

Posted

Almost like a double standard! 

Posted

This is something she complains about at least once a week without fail, you'd think by now she'd have simply learned to ignore it. She also whines about people idolising her, which I find petty, if you're a public figure this sort of thing is inevitable, if you don't want to be idolised, don't be a public figure. She has expectations of her audience while scorning her audience for having expectations of her, double standards are indeed an issue with her. Simply put, she's a brat.

(I still watch her though, attitude aside, she certainly delivers quality content.)

Posted (edited)

She seems super greedy. She just opened a P.O. Box to get gifts for her birthday and some of the stuff she put up on depop are hella overpriced, especially for stuff she got for free and/or thrifted. 

Just found out Mei finally has a forum! I don't keep up with her much but I follow her on twitter and depop. I agree her items are so damn over priced. Saw her selling sleeping gowns for $45 but you can thrift those easily for $5. Someone commented on one of her items that she has yet been able to sold "why is it so expensive" or something along the lines of that and she replied "you don't have to buy it". I'll try to look for it and SS. but like isnt the point of depop is to sell things for cheap because they are pre-owned lol?

I also agree she seems stuck up or... spoiled to say the least. Kind of has that vibe to her. Her room and house seem to look nice though so she probably came from a well off family which is probably why her attitude seems off.

CiNUBpYVEAA5Y4s.thumb.jpg.e26da09fac849eCiNUBo8U4AAgUvl.thumb.jpg.a2c5dd2a26a6e7

Edited by miruku

Posted

'I'm not gonna lie & say it doesn't bother me' its one thing to be a brat about it and reminding the people NICELY that there's more information in the box below.
She said that those people 'bother' which in my book is negative ? she could've said something like 'hey before you ask any questions check out the box first thanks'

Posted (edited)

This is kinda oot but is the purple hair one in this pic mei ? It kinda looks like her and does anyone happen to know the blue hair one's name, i was all over these pics but never know who the models were OTL

tumblr_nkgnczxHY51qegob8o2_1280.jpgtumblr_nkgnczxHY51qegob8o1_1280.jpg

Edited by Zeng

Posted (edited)

This is kinda oot but is the purple hair one in this pic mei ? It kinda looks like her and does anyone happen to know the blue hair one's name, i was all over these pics but never know who the models were OTL

Hidden Content

It is her, and the guy's name is Lia, but I don't know whether he has Instagram or something... anyways, it was for Omocat if you didn't know :)

Edited by helhel