• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

youtube Princessmei

2773 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

i almost wonder if sei did or said something that mei didn't like that made her want to cut him off completely. mei's done this plenty of times with friends over the years with people in the cos community, even with people she was super close to. i don't think she's the type of person to really explain well why she doesn't agree with someone's opinions on something (at least from my experience as someone who was fb friends with her) so when they don't agree with her, she gets mad and drops them. he might have no idea what he did wrong and not understand what happened? who knows, we're all still just guessing at this point.

Edited by iwbu

Posted

Last night I had asked him how he’d been in his live, and he replied just very busy with work. So much work that he hasn’t been able to play his ps5 and other games. So I feel like he’s still working at google, or something at least. Otherwise I feel like it’s unnecessary for him to stay in LA, he said he plans to stay for a while and see what happens. But I can imagine that he might feel lonely or out of place, which explains his consistent live streams, he’s reaching to make contact with some one because Mei is shutting him out. But yeah I’m wondering if Mei will address it, probably not? I won’t  be surprised if she doesn’t release a new vid today lol.

can you say more what he talked about in the live, and if he mentioned mei at all? im super curious and feeling fomo I missed it lol :ph34r:

Posted

can you say more what he talked about in the live, and if he mentioned mei at all? im super curious and feeling fomo I missed it lol :ph34r:

The only time he mentioned Mei was when someone asked if she spoke mandarin, and he replied saying “I don’t know if Mei speaks mandarin,” which is strange because she’s made it very clear about her Cantonese background at least in her YouTube channel. There’s nothing else really relevant that he mentioned that I’m aware of.

Posted

The only time he mentioned Mei was when someone asked if she spoke mandarin, and he replied saying “I don’t know if Mei speaks mandarin,” which is strange because she’s made it very clear about her Cantonese background at least in her YouTube channel. There’s nothing else really relevant that he mentioned that I’m aware of.

That's strange af because isn't that a basic fact a partner should know?? 

Posted

To be fair, being Cantonese doesn’t mean that the person can speak Mandarin. Unless there was a need to use Mandarin while in New York or in LA, I don’t think him not knowing whether she speaks Mandarin that weird.  In one of his lives last year, he also mentioned that he was trying to learn Cantonese to talk with Mei’s family.

Posted

To be fair, being Cantonese doesn’t mean that the person can speak Mandarin. Unless there was a need to use Mandarin while in New York or in LA, I don’t think him not knowing whether she speaks Mandarin that weird.  In one of his lives last year, he also mentioned that he was trying to learn Cantonese to talk with Mei’s family.

Yes I though that too, but Mei has always been soo open about her culture online, you’d think she’d be even more open about it with her significant other? Like I remember she said she barely knows any Canto and wants to get around to it on a live stream or smthing similar before. 

Posted

Yes I though that too, but Mei has always been soo open about her culture online, you’d think she’d be even more open about it with her significant other? Like I remember she said she barely knows any Canto and wants to get around to it on a live stream or smthing similar before. 

Based on her previous behaviour I wouldn't be surprised if this whole embracing my culture thing is also a huge facade.

Posted

i almost wonder if sei did or said something that mei didn't like that made her want to cut him off completely. mei's done this plenty of times with friends over the years with people in the cos community, even with people she was super close to. i don't think she's the type of person to really explain well why she doesn't agree with someone's opinions on something (at least from my experience as someone who was fb friends with her) so when they don't agree with her, she gets mad and drops them. he might have no idea what he did wrong and not understand what happened? who knows, we're all still just guessing at this point.

I feel like this has merit to it since there's been plenty examples of Mei dropping people she doesn't agree with in the past. However, if Sei has been the guy she's mentioned on and off in the past two years, there must be something that keeps drawing them together. Whether its Mei begging Sei to take her back after a tiff, Sei giving her another chance, Mei hiding her true self and Sei being drawn to her sweet facade, its really hard to tell why they would still be together after so long. More importantly, they like each other enough that Sei moved across the country. Is she really so shitty to drop him like any other friend when he doesn't comply with her demands? If so, her shitty personality really has no boundaries.

Needless to say, if Mei doesn't post about any large shopping sprees anytime soon then I think we know who closed his purse strings...9_9

Posted

Eh idk... I would say it isn't weird if they just started dating... but they've been together for at least a year. That's kinda weird to not know if your significant other knows how to speak their ethnic language... especially since she knows he knows Japanese and used him to help her get her nail appointment while they were in Japan. I feel like it's one of those things you find out when meeting their family (she probably just speaks english at home then). 

At least now we know her image of being so proud of her Chinese heritage was just for show if even Sei didn't know if she spoke her ethnic language or not. Geez what else is this girl hiding? Cause she ain't no Chinese "angel" lol

Posted

Based on her previous behaviour I wouldn't be surprised if this whole embracing my culture thing is also a huge facade.

I always suspected it was so she can feel superior to other weeaboos, like an "I'm not like other weebs" kind of a thing. Like the whole "don't call me an anime character!! I'm proud to be chinese!!!1!!" when she at one point based a large part of her online persona around anime.. Like mkay whatever you say 🙄

Posted (edited)

Eh idk... I would say it isn't weird if they just started dating... but they've been together for at least a year. That's kinda weird to not know if your significant other knows how to speak their ethnic language... especially since she knows he knows Japanese and used him to help her get her nail appointment while they were in Japan. I feel like it's one of those things you find out when meeting their family (she probably just speaks english at home then). 

At least now we know her image of being so proud of her Chinese heritage was just for show if even Sei didn't know if she spoke her ethnic language or not. Geez what else is this girl hiding? Cause she ain't no Chinese "angel" lol

I mean to me it makes sense to not know if she speaks mandarin since she's... cantonese and if she speaks chinese she would be learning cantonese and not mandarin. because her family speaks canto. a lot of people who know canto can understand mandarin to an extent, so there's a chance that because she knows (and this is assuming she actually did/is put/ting in the effort to learn canto) she might understand mandarin but if she only talks about speaking canto he wouldn't know for sure...? at least this is what i know from having a lot of canto friends.

edit: then again............ she does seem like the type to brag if she did know mandarin as well (but maybe he's giving her the benefit of the doubt)

Edited by iwbu

Posted

I always suspected it was so she can feel superior to other weeaboos, like an "I'm not like other weebs" kind of a thing. Like the whole "don't call me an anime character!! I'm proud to be chinese!!!1!!" when she at one point based a large part of her online persona around anime.. Like mkay whatever you say 🙄

She milked her weeb persona and the fact that she milked her interest in Japanese culture as well but suppresses her weebness after gaining all those followers because of her weeb- BL loving self is just funny. She's totally the type to act like she's offended by someone asking if she's Japanese, but deep down she loves it (especially those Seto Ayumi worshipping days). Let's not forget the vlog where she input clips of her "speaking" (saying a word or two) japanese with her Japanese friends in Japan. 

Look at her embracing her "Chinese" heritage~ :happee:

Screen_Shot_2020-07-11_at_11.05.06_PM.th

Tbh she still does it with her hair styling videos (grabbing styles from Japanese magazines). 

Posted (edited)

I'm just wondering why he decided to make a youtube channel. He used to have Google on his IG bio I believe, so maybe he doesn't work there anymore? That could explain his venture into youtube. 

**update- His twitter still has that he works for google (unless he just didn't update it) so idk 

here’s a theory as to why it’s gone from his bio : mei probably knows about this thread, and sei probably does too (this thread is literally the 5th search result if you google princessmei, so not really a secret).
Discussed recently was his professional background found via LinkedIn with the help of his ig bio narrowing it down to a google employee. He probably took it down due to the amount of speculations posted/finding his professional handle etc. I think anyone in his shoes would feel uncomfortable after reading conjectures based on his LinkedIn profile. 

i personally know sei, he’s incredibly hard working and he has worked for everything he currently has in an admirable way.
Also it’s not unheard of for someone without a cs major to break into tech, he clearly knows what he’s doing. 

(also he could’ve worked at google’s nyc branch or the one in LA if requested so it’s not really going out of his way for mei. Taking it in LA would’ve been super convenient for their relationship. But also he could still transfer back to nyc if he really wants to but there’s not much of a point since most work is remote atm.) 

Edited by Fae

Posted

here’s a theory as to why it’s gone from his bio : mei probably knows about this thread, and sei probably does too (this thread is literally the 5th search result if you google princessmei, so not really a secret).Discussed recently was his professional background found via LinkedIn with the help of his ig bio narrowing it down to a google employee. He probably took it down due to the amount of speculations posted/finding his professional handle etc. I think anyone in his shoes would feel uncomfortable after reading conjectures based on his LinkedIn profile. 

i personally know sei, he’s incredibly hard working and he has worked for everything he currently has in an admirable way.
Also it’s not unheard of for someone without a cs major to break into tech, he clearly knows what he’s doing. 

(also he could’ve worked at google’s nyc branch or the one in LA if requested so it’s not really going out of his way for mei. Taking it in LA would’ve been super convenient for their relationship. But also he could still transfer back to nyc if he really wants to but there’s not much of a point since most work is remote atm.) 

That has got to be embarrassing then, to have potential colleagues/employers see that he is or was going out with someone like Mei if they found this thread. I think the reason we say he went out of his way was because he worded it in such a way that implies that he left and then got lucky to get a job again for Google. So he left without having planned that. 

"i left one of the best hedge funds in the world to be with my partner on the west coast
in august, i began a new chapter in my life with @infrontofapple. mei and i traveled to japan and made new memories while surviving many typhoons. once we came back, i was fortunate enough for google to offer a position (again!) and accepted a software engineering position in venice. "

Posted

That has got to be embarrassing then, to have potential colleagues/employers see that he is or was going out with someone like Mei if they found this thread. I think the reason we say he went out of his way was because he worded it in such a way that implies that he left and then got lucky to get a job again for Google. So he left without having planned that. 

"i left one of the best hedge funds in the world to be with my partner on the west coast
in august, i began a new chapter in my life with @infrontofapple. mei and i traveled to japan and made new memories while surviving many typhoons. once we came back, i was fortunate enough for google to offer a position (again!) and accepted a software engineering position in venice. "

From his wording, it really does sound like he left to be with Mei without a plan. But from experience with corporate jobs, maybe he was in the negotiating phase with a recruiter and knew he was already going to get the job before they would make an offer. You can talk about the following (relocation expenses, salary, benefits, etc.) before receiving an offer. 

Sei seems smart and wouldn't just move across the country and go on a luxurious trip without a plan to me. But who really knows?