• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Princessmei

2206 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sucks that almost every video now is a paid promotion. Mei is beginning to feel repetitive and robotic with these constant sponsorships. She's not even using any sponsorships to better her videos... After 3 years, I don't know if I can call Mei my favorite creator. Now, she's just another youtuber....

Screenshot_2019-01-08-16-10-52.png

Mei uploaded a new video that turned out to be a giant Curology ad. I feel betrayed every time I watch her latest uploads... where'd her authenticity go? It's def not a good look and people're gonna unsub from her selling out :/

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 3.50.23 PM.png

Edited by potatofarmer
adding smaller image; minor edits

Posted

I honestly really loved Mei when I found her because it was refreshing to find someone who was into weeb shit but didn't revolve their entire life around it. Her interest felt really sincere, and she wasn't ashamed of the stigma that came with openly liking anime/manga/BL. So for her to sweep all that stuff under the rug just kind of erases the parts of her personality that appealed to me the most, which is unfortunate because I have yet to replace the void that was left lol. I keep kind of hoping she'll go back to being open and shameless about the things she likes, but maybe I'm being too hopeful because that stuff isn't fashionable and sponsor-friendly. 

I feel like so many great creators get eaten up by this "influencer" title and it erases their entire personality to the same bland, pretty, sterile content as the next pretty girl. But pretty, stylish girls are a dime a dozen; I wish she would let herself have more substance again.

Posted

I agree, her creativity is non existent. I loved watching her lookbooks and vlogs where she would be herself. I thought of her as a huge style icon for myself and I liked that she was a bit nerdy. I unsubbed from her about a year ago when her videos started becoming the same 2 looks over and over again. She just seems so plain to me now. I always come back her to this thread every once in a while to see if she has changed or something but even this is getting boring as she's become even more superficial. It is all about ads and her same 3 looks and its boring.

I hope she changes her content up so i can subscribe to her again but it seems like that won't ever happen. Lol i miss her deleted videos.

Posted

you can see the fun, passion, and life in these pics. wish she continued to show this kinda side of her

Posted

Made me remember how she used to have facial expressions

i just snorted @ this post, thank u.

Posted

i know this has been mentioned a few times, but does anyone have any of her deleted videos that haven’t been re-uploaded on youtube? i really miss her old vlogs

Posted (edited)

F8977822-89D6-4AFB-AE49-BFFB75A8329B.thu I couldn’t agree more with this comment:

D3B4FB18-C7F7-4CC4-B87F-0363585C88F0.thu

Edited by penny
Took out personal info from screenshot

Posted

F8977822-89D6-4AFB-AE49-BFFB75A8329B.thu I couldn’t agree more with this comment:

D3B4FB18-C7F7-4CC4-B87F-0363585C88F0.thu

i really wish she would stick to just doing fashion/vlog type videos, since that’s where she truly shines. 

Posted

She had a new video for the new look she has. I honestly just skipped it, I miss her talking vlogs where she was an actual person and not a robot. I loved hearing her talk about her interests. 

Posted

She had a new video for the new look she has. I honestly just skipped it, I miss her talking vlogs where she was an actual person and not a robot. I loved hearing her talk about her interests. 

it says in the description she was recovering from a throat infection, but even her choice of words seem so robotic. we need a counter of how many times she says 'pigmented' in that video hahaha

It's a nice look, but I'm not seeing ANY coral. The colour of the year was really bold, so she could've made a statement look (though I know it's not really what mei is into, it would be nice to see anything different) instead of the uninspired pastel looks she's done a billion times. 

Posted

she reminds me of jenn im, YouTube isn’t “fun” for them it’s a tool to get into a market and to profit. and unfortunately as these women grow up and get older they’re going to find themselves replaced by the next “it” girl