• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

youtube Princessmei

2773 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It’s easy to be nit picky about her videos because they are objectively less creative and interesting than her older ones, feels like she’s running out of steam

but also it seems like she has a big appetite in terms of fame and fortune, she’s setting her sights on being equals with setoayumi and probably feels “embarrassed” that she’s only recognized for being  a YouTuber for the most part rn. It’s a pretty big turn off 

Edited by ufobb

Posted

She's a weaboo 

Posted

It’s easy to be nit picky about her videos because they are objectively less creative and interesting than her older ones, feels like she’s running out of steam

but also it seems like she has a big appetite in terms of fame and fortune, she’s setting her sights on being equals with setoayumi and probably feels “embarrassed” that she’s only recognized for being  a YouTuber for the most part rn. It’s a pretty big turn off 

I cant help but wonder if her depression just got in the way a lot when she was thinking of things/her whole creativity? 

Posted (edited)

I'm on mobile and I'm not sure how to link her latest vid but it's another hair dyeing video. It showed her getting her hair bleached and coloured pink but the weird part to me was that when she moved her hands through her hair I'm 90% sure I can see tracks. If you've ever worn a wig and you move the hair away you see the same lines as that's where the hair comes out of. Here are some screenshots (I'm rlly confused). Obvs it's kinda wild and out there but,,,I can see them

Screenshot_20181229-222631_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20181229-222623_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Bekkim
Spelling

Posted

she'll probably update again when she wants to make a quick buck from a hair dye video

Mei just posted a new video today https://youtu.be/qrcWzIPf268 (yeyyy another hair dye video... ....) and i just couldn't help remembering your particular comment because it's so fucking real. lmao

tbh since she's back on youtube, i'm kinda intrigued on what she's gonna start posting now. she really scaled down personality-wise and honestly her videos are getting kinda boring because of that. i feel like she's kinda lost creativity-wise at the moment. 

Posted

I'm on mobile and I'm not sure how to link her latest vid but it's another hair dyeing video. It showed her getting her hair bleached and coloured pink but the weird part to me was that when she moved her hands through her hair I'm 90% sure I can see tracks. If you've ever worn a wig and you move the hair away you see the same lines as that's where the hair comes out of. Here are some screenshots (I'm rlly confused). Obvs it's kinda wild and out there but,,,I can see them

Screenshot_20181229-222631_YouTube.jpg

It's because they didn't bleach all the way to the scalp. The way you apply bleach on the root is a little bit off the scalp so that it doesn't burn or something like that. I used to get root touchups all the time with my mom when I had pink hair too. Luckily my pink dye was usually darker compared to what mei has, so the "tracks" I had usually were not present, but you can tell if you look up close. They go away eventually for me, but I think it's normal for mei to have to tracks, especially since I have an impression that she is sensitive to chemicals (maybe they used a lower volume bleach)  

Posted

tbh what bothers me most is that the end showed the pink pigment to look super uneven (because she stained her hair as she mentioned)

idk I'd be very upset to get pro treatment and still have such an uneven look, at least warm up to a peach pink so it looks better overall or do a light gradient... ANYTHING....

Posted

What's new... 

"dyeing my hair" --> Mei going to the same salon to get her hair dyed. 

I wonder if she still gets "free" service. 

Does anyone else notice how her jaw/chin protrudes. Idk if it's because before she wasn't so skinny and she actually had cheeks but it just looks more noticeable now especially when she talks. She used to look sooo cute! But I feel like now she kinda wants to look more mature especially since venturing into instagram modeling... People have brought up concerns on her weight loss but I've noticed a lot of people defending her saying she's just naturally skinny. I definitely feel like it could be from stress or her need to maintain a certain weight for modeling? Her cheeks look more sunken in and she is definitely skinnier than when she first started youtube. Past mei just looks so much livelier and genuinely happy doing youtube for fun. Not so much now though. 

Past Mei:

Image result for princessmeiScreen_Shot_2018-12-30_at_11.59.05_AM.th

Present:

Screen_Shot_2018-12-30_at_11.54.19_AM.thScreen_Shot_2018-12-30_at_12.02.26_PM.th

Posted

What's new... 

Does anyone else notice how her jaw/chin protrudes. Idk if it's because before she wasn't so skinny and she actually had cheeks but it just looks more noticeable now especially when she talks. She used to look sooo cute! But I feel like now she kinda wants to look more mature especially since venturing into instagram modeling... People have brought up concerns on her weight loss but I've noticed a lot of people defending her saying she's just naturally skinny. I definitely feel like it could be from stress or her need to maintain a certain weight for modeling? Her cheeks look more sunken in and she is definitely skinnier than when she first started youtube. Past mei just looks so much livelier and genuinely happy doing youtube for fun. Not so much now though. 

Past Mei:

Present:

Screen_Shot_2018-12-30_at_11.54.19_AM.thScreen_Shot_2018-12-30_at_12.02.26_PM.th

I agree. I’ve been subbed since her first YouTube video and honestly I feel like she’s changed for the worst? Her personality used to be so fun but now I can’t even watch her videos because they’re so boring. I’m surprised she’s going for this sort of image because being “quirky” and “fun” is extremely popular right now and gains you a lot of subs. Just look at Emma chamberlain. I honestly feel like she would be more popular if didn’t do her whole rebranding to seem more mature. 

I’m sure I’m repeating what everyone else has said before but gosh she is just not worth following anymore. 

Posted

Why bother with the hair dye videos? It's not like she shows the process in any detail. It's as boring to watch a girl get her hair dyed as it is to get it done yourself. Brand rep to her hairdressers?

Posted (edited)

I feel like she has that high fashion model type face but too bad she's a midget.  She would have a relevant modeling career if she was like 5'9 or taller.

Edited by iwanttodie

Posted (edited)

What's new... 

Past Mei:

Present:

Can confirm she gets free service. I have some friends in LA who have 50k+ followers and this salon does their hair for free whenever they need it in exchange for social media posts.

Edited by kimikun

Posted

I feel like she has that high fashion model type face but too bad she's a midget.  She would have a relevant modeling career if she was like 5'9 or taller.

I actually think the opposite. High fashion model types (especially for asians) tend to have monolids and more unique faces.

Related image

Mei kinda just fits the standard "cute" asian girl face and since she's also short, she's really only good for print modeling or instagram modeling. Just look at her idol, Ayumi Seto. She's a model and designer and basically the same height as Mei. 

and as far as having a relevant career... I can't say she'd be successful doing that by modeling since she has the same face/poses all the time if you look at her "modeling" work even back from when she modeled for omocat. Even if she were taller, I feel like she'd be awkward looking and her body wouldn't fit her face? 

Posted

What's new... 

I remember when she posted videos of how she dyes her own hair, and then I remember her saying in a video after she started going to that salon "don't ever bleach your hair yourself, go to a salon because they know what they're doing" and I couldn't help thinking that the only reason she'd say that is because she can either get it done for free, or is rich enough to always pay someone to get it done (and getting your hair as light as Mei has it for pastel colors takes a lot of time and therefore a lot of $). Like I get it if she feels like she doesn't know what she's doing with bleach, but there's plenty of people who do their own hair and it turns out fine. Not everyone can afford an expensive salon treatment, or have friends who do it for free.

Posted

I remember when she posted videos of how she dyes her own hair, and then I remember her saying in a video after she started going to that salon "don't ever bleach your hair yourself, go to a salon because they know what they're doing" and I couldn't help thinking that the only reason she'd say that is because she can either get it done for free, or is rich enough to always pay someone to get it done (and getting your hair as light as Mei has it for pastel colors takes a lot of time and therefore a lot of $). Like I get it if she feels like she doesn't know what she's doing with bleach, but there's plenty of people who do their own hair and it turns out fine. Not everyone can afford an expensive salon treatment, or have friends who do it for free.

omg I totally agree. I’ve had tons of hair colors  and was all done through bleaching it myself because I wasn’t gonna pay at least 200 for a single bleach session. Also, if that salon is a good salon then they’d use olaplex or some hair bonding treatment as well with the bleach and that costs a lot too. So pretty much she’s spoiled with free stuff which isn’t surprising ever since she sold out wearing Valfre stuff and things normal people can’t even afford only because she got it for free. tbh I never really thought she came from being “poor” seeing how her family’s house and her bathroom from her old hair dying videos look.