• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Princessmei

2469 posts in this topic

Posted

Karen is definitely not the most original person and so quick to hop on trends and repeat content, but yea, i feel like other models have done the same thing before mei. 

Karen is definitely not the most original person and so quick to hop on trends and repeat content, but yea, i feel like other models have done the same thing before mei. 

Posted

mei i like you but chill out lol

mei i like you but chill out lol

Posted (edited)

I'm really sad seeing the person Mei has changed into. I remember first recognizing her as the Omocat model (which considering how sketchy of a brand/artist Omocat is, I'm kinda glad she stopped working for her) and when I saw that she had a YouTube channel, I started watching her and I loved her videos! I think it was her "laugh at my old high school photos with me" video that I first saw and I thought she was hilarious. I liked that overall her videos were artistic, and even if some were more simple, they were still relaxing and fun to watch. To me, she had character and put personal effort into her work. Now, she's like a totally different person. She seems to be overly petty, and don't get me wrong, I can definitely be petty sometimes, but this seems ridiculous. She hardly ever interacts with her fans anymore it seems, as if she didn't get super popular because of her fans. Idk if I just personally feel too strongly about this because she used to be one of my favorite YouTubers, or if she really has become full of herself now that she's modeling professionally, but I just really am not a fan of this new Mei. She just doesn't seem as genuine as she used to be.

Edited by disappointedwitch
triple post - what's going on pull? lol

Posted

It's not even the same lighting, pose, decorations/accessories, or even makeup.

Posted (edited)

I don’t think Karen particularly copied her, but Karen hasn’t had a track record of being very original. I wish Mei would have DM’d them about it first, but what’s done is done. I still like Mei’s mirror picture more than Karen’s (bc Karen’s is legit so low effort lol “Let me just slap on some basic makeup and call it a day”) and I’m glad Mei had credited mengqi0 for the concept(? look?) idea at least. I know she used to have some problems with crediting soundcloud artists but she’s gotten way way better. 

I don’t like how Karen’s photographer (husband? or both?) is going around replying to everyone’s comments though. Karen herself can post a story or something about it, can’t she? It would clear things up quickly and efficiently, rather than starting a war in the comments. Seems a little cowardly of her to me.

Edited by explojin

Posted

I don’t like how Karen’s photographer (husband? or both?) is going around replying to everyone’s comments though. Karen herself can post a story or something about it, can’t she? It would clear things up quickly and efficiently, rather than starting a war in the comments. Seems a little cowardly of her to me.

This. I know it's your husband and all, but... it's your account... say something... or where is your "girl-boss-rebel-girl" persona, Karen? 

Posted (edited)

Yikes Mei, what a bad look. 

It’s super tacky of her to think that such a basic concept is her original do not steal ideal, but at the same time I’m not all that surprised since this was the same type of petty attitude she had back in the cosplay community. People don’t change, I suppose.

Edited by Xander

Posted

karens been through a long these couple of months lmao i really feel bad that she has to go through this situation

Posted

to be fair, mei wasnt the first to accuse karen about it. last night i did see that people were commenting and tagging mei from like a week ago saying it reminded them of meis pic/accusing karen of copying. so maybe mei just now looked at her tags and reacted in a spur of the moment. she shouldnt have jumped the gun by posting that story and shouldve discussed it privately first. karens got a track record for copying people, so i mean.. i can understand why the confusion happened lol.

ot, but i miss mei posting content. it seems like for the past year or so shes either been extremely depressed and goes long periods of time without posting, or she is super busy with traveling and modeling gigs. i hope she is doing well. i know quite a few people in this thread dont like her, but something about her makes me really like her. im still waiting for her to post a new video with her super cute short hair.

Posted (edited)

to be fair, mei wasnt the first to accuse karen about it. last night i did see that people were commenting and tagging mei from like a week ago saying it reminded them of meis pic/accusing karen of copying. so maybe mei just now looked at her tags and reacted in a spur of the moment. she shouldnt have jumped the gun by posting that story and shouldve discussed it privately first. karens got a track record for copying people, so i mean.. i can understand why the confusion happened lol.

ot, but i miss mei posting content. it seems like for the past year or so shes either been extremely depressed and goes long periods of time without posting, or she is super busy with traveling and modeling gigs. i hope she is doing well. i know quite a few people in this thread dont like her, but something about her makes me really like her. im still waiting for her to post a new video with her super cute short hair.

agreed!! i love her style of video a lot, and same, something about her just makes me like her. 
i understand if she's moved on from youtube, but that doesnt stop me from missing her videos :( 

edit: forgot to clarify i meant her vlogs, not her general beauty vids! sure theyre ~not original~ but thats my pref kinda video LOL

Edited by dva
woops

Posted

This is just my opinion but I honestly don't miss her posting videos. Her old videos were quirky and fun and that was the whole reason why I followed her but her last few videos just seem very unoriginal and simple. Not saying that she has to invent the wheel in makeup but there were like 3 videos in a row where she did "minimal" makeup and she just relies on her good looks and the "aesthetic" of the video to get by. I think it's better if she focuses on modeling and photoshoots because when she puts it in video format (her awkward posing and staring blankly at the camera) it doesnt translate well if there's no actual content.

Regarding the drama with Karen, Mei was definitely petty. They had developed a friendship and it's only common courtesy to talk to the source you have a problem with. It's a simple misunderstanding that didn't have to get the public involved. I think another alternative to look at is that maybe Mei wanted the attention. Jeffrey Star starts some petty drama every time he's about to drop a new palette to get more attention. Mei's very inactive not only on youtube but also instagram so it could've been a way to try to get people to remember her name again, maybe to start youtube up again or because she's going to be starring in a magazine.

Posted

I wonder if they’re gonna solve this in DMs 🤔 or is Mei gonna bitch out and ignore em 🤔 because honestly...... it’s just a mirror pic idk that just seems really childish to me but I’m not surprised she acts like this lol

Posted

From Karen’s and Leo’s stories (some other stuff was posted, mainly Leo but I couldn’t be bothered to screenshot it all). Looks like Mei apologised but she hasn’t said anything on her IG. In my opinion if you’re petty enough to call someone out publicly you should at least apologise too 

710BB2F8-B1D4-4F67-8622-772E9F119202.jpeg

1BBCDDD4-5490-4CE2-9B25-16D17B7DF271.jpeg

Posted

This is just my opinion but I honestly don't miss her posting videos. Her old videos were quirky and fun and that was the whole reason why I followed her but her last few videos just seem very unoriginal and simple. Not saying that she has to invent the wheel in makeup but there were like 3 videos in a row where she did "minimal" makeup and she just relies on her good looks and the "aesthetic" of the video to get by. I think it's better if she focuses on modeling and photoshoots because when she puts it in video format (her awkward posing and staring blankly at the camera) it doesnt translate well if there's no actual content.

oh god this so much??? I followed Mei when she still had her weeb phase, was very passionate about anime and manga and when she did her monster girl series

It was honestly cute and I loved her personality but she became a huge let down when she "cleaned out" her vids and started posting her boring lookbooks and modeling vids. I can't stand people who can't make lookbooks look intestering or lively tbh

I think Mei is cute and she can photograph well but she kind of went away from having a personality on social media (prob bc she focused more on being a model and so she wanted to have a clean presence on social media) which kind of killed it for me.