youtube Princessmei

1874 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

She's constantly consuming.  That is so disgusting and sad.  Especially how she preaches about sweatshop labor and saying no to fast fashion.  This is still promoting some sort of consumerism culture, and she's PROFITING from it all too.  Really disgusting and sad, Mei.

Edited by daisy

Posted

I don't really see the problem of reselling clothes and accessories more than what she paid for. I mean almost everything that you buy are sold more expensive than what the store paid. (I have a friend who work for an Etsy store that specialize in finding old books or objects and resell it for much more.)

You can sell certain items more expensive if they have value. F.e. bags from Chanel/Christian Dior/ext., vintage pieces, discontinued but once popular items. If she actually cared for promoting her values she wouldn't be selling items for higher prices from original sellers. And keep in mind, that she has actually LOWERED her depop prices months ago cause I believe she lurked here when people were saying how can she sell for so expensive. If that didn't happen I would expect she would resell this items for even higher price point. 

Posted

I unsubbed as well. I still like her and think she's cute but idk something about her irriates me. She seems spoiled and elitist sometimes. I think being her friend is rather difficult unless she sees something in you. This is all just opinion but yh.

Posted

it's not out of the ordinary for people to overprice things they resell. It's a shitty thing to do yes. But what's ever shittier is that she's aware that most of her buyers are her own fans. Who majority are young girls and people that support and watch her content. How fucked up do you have to be to be greedy towards your own fans?

Posted

I unsubbed as well. I still like her and think she's cute but idk something about her irriates me. She seems spoiled and elitist sometimes. I think being her friend is rather difficult unless she sees something in you. This is all just opinion but yh.

I think a user said smth similar to this last year. It seems like she likes hanging out with edgy/fashionable girls like Olivia and Seto Ayumi

She had a lot of friends on tumblr but she doesn't talk to any of them now 👀

Posted

I was one of those tumblr people, I guess. She followed me first both on tumblr and ig, and even though I wasn't a fan of her style, I followed her back because she messaged and was friendly.

She unfollowed me on both sometime after she started YouTube. At the start, I had more ig followers than she did. But I guess I wasn't popular enough for her :)

Posted

Can we expose her greediness please? 

Posted

What the hell does this girl do in her clothes, play rugby?? They're all in raggedy condition and she asking her 13 year old fans to pay $40+ for them o.O

Posted

I never trust what these aesthetic wannabe idols sell or promote for this exact reason lmao. 

Posted

do you think she also raises the prices because she thinks of herself as really popular? like you know how if some company like gucci and a regular no name company make the same exact handbag, gucci will sell theirs for a much higher price just because of the brand name. so maybe mei sees it as "but it came from ME" so she ups the price because she made it "fashionable" by featuring it on her insta/youtube. idk just a thought but it would explain how she sells items for high prices despite their wear and tear.

Posted

do you think she also raises the prices because she thinks of herself as really popular? like you know how if some company like gucci and a regular no name company make the same exact handbag, gucci will sell theirs for a much higher price just because of the brand name. so maybe mei sees it as "but it came from ME" so she ups the price because she made it "fashionable" by featuring it on her insta/youtube. idk just a thought but it would explain how she sells items for high prices despite their wear and tear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM2L8R0HwLQ 

That contradicts this video. The part where she says she hates that there's a screen barrier between her and her audiences and wishes them to see her a regular person that's equal to them. 

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM2L8R0HwLQ 

That contradicts this video. The part where she says she hates that there's a screen barrier between her and her audiences and wishes them to see her a regular person that's equal to them. 

ahh i see. i wonder if she interacts with fans a lot, other than her lifestreams.

also she uploaded a new video. i can see seto ayumi in the thumbnail.