• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Eugenia Cooney

1497 posts in this topic

Posted

just let out a big fat sigh of relief, never thought i'd feel this glad and happy for some stranger on the internet. hopefully she really is being institutionalized/inpatient, and not just another "my doctor said i'm fine" younow live to shut people up. she's a wonderful girl and i hope once she comes back she realizes how proud everyone are.

Posted

I'm glad she's getting help and taking a break even though we don't know for what exactly she's getting help. It's a good thing. I hope everyone is going to stop making video's and try to spread insane false information. All this internet attention can't be good for her. 

Posted

I'm so glad that shess getting help finally. It must be so hard to be in the public eye and deal with all those trolls. It really shows how strong a person she is that she was able to admit that she needs help. Real strength is being able to admit when you're in too deep. 

Also, let them all see how positive a place PULL is since there's so much love for eugenia in this thread!

Posted

Wow, I didn't think my day could get any better. 

It's so good to see the collective hivemind of the internet push someone to getting help.

Good luck Eugenia, EVERYONE (with a soul) is rooting for you!

Posted

I'm so glad she's getting help. She's a sweetheart and deserves to recover and live her life. 

I love her to be well enough to visit Japan some day and all the things she loves. I also imagine she'd get on well with Venus. I'm getting ahead of myself, I know.

Posted

Woah!! I never thought this day would happen tbh, but I'm so glad for her. I really hope all will go well in her recovery.

Posted

yuck that neveck guy. she’s finally stated she’s seeking help from a doctor and yet her shitty little discord group refer to it as a ‘vacation’. honestly they need to get their heads out of their asses and accept that eugenia DOES have a problem and it needs to be addressed asap and hopefully she’s in the process. i’m so sick of these white knights not acknowledging the problem, the girl they ‘support’ could have died. 

A lot of her fans and supporters are quite obviously people with EDI themselves and people who idolize inhuman thinness. I've just read this thread and many arguments show that even here are such people who refuse to admit their view is very problematic and enables behaviors like Eugenia.

Imo, Eugenia really loves attention and people showing concern for her health would stop if she got better, so I do unfortunately doubt she will get out of that. By how many years she lives despite the poor state of her physical health you can say she's experienced with testing how far she can go to stay in the "looking concerning enough to cause attention" zone. I do think removing her social media could help BUT only if she also removed people from her life who enable such behavior like those who call it vacation etc etc.

Posted

I am amazed that this day is here and I wish her the absolute best. There is a long process for this but I believe in her to stay strong through recovery.

Posted

Can I just say I'm cautiously happy? If she's getting help for her ED I am over the moon, sincerely! I'm holding off being completely satisfied until I hear her say that she is specifically being treated for her body issues- there are all kinds of doctors out there, and I want to be sure she's getting the help she needs, internet stranger that I am. 

Posted

i really hope this is true, but i've been following her for quite some years and i just don't know with her at this point. i'm praying that it is actually true though and that she can maybe finally recover from her illness, but for now i'm just going to wait quietly at the sidelines until there's actual proof of her getting treatment.

Posted

i sincerly hope she gets the help she really need to recover from her illness if ever its true.

Posted (edited)

Eugenia has apparently limited access to her phone - today she followed KingdomHearts account. 

I think she was happy with her anorexia. She enjoyed that and had a sense of control . Her last videos(cosplay and haircut) were different- I think she was sad because of treatment and therapy. 

I'm so so happy that she wants to recover.

I 'm wishing her all the best and I hope she will find happiness - I will always support her no matter what.

Edited by IAmUgly

Posted

Eugenia has apparently limited access to her phone - today she followed KingdomHearts account. 

I think she was happy with her anorexia. She enjoyed that and had a sense of control . Her last videos(cosplay and haircut) were different- I think she was sad because of treatment and therapy. 

I'm so so happy that she wants to recover.

I 'm wishing her all the best and I hope she will find happiness - I will always support her no matter what.

Treatment is a very tricky thing. I've had friends be admitted inpatient before and the therapy and mental strain are very intense but in the long run, it's very worth it. 

In saying that unfortunately, I believe unless she's going to be getting to the root of what has caused her illness there's a slim chance she'll get completely better. And (if she really does have an eating disorder, it hasn't been confirmed so despite the obvious signs it's still speculation) an eating disorder is something that sticks for life. It's always in the back of your mind and it can be very hard even after years of treatment to stay above those urges. 

I truly truly hope that she's able to overcome this.

Posted

Even if it doesnt truly help her right away it could prolong her life and give her more time to become mentally ready to recover.

Posted

Wow :--( This broke my heart. 

He uploaded a new video saying that he spoke to Eugenia and she accepted that she has a problem and is getting help