• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Eugenia Cooney

1495 posts in this topic

Posted

Can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves. 

Posted

Not sure that I’d go so far to say she’s pro-ana. But I’m part of a fan community on Instagram for a music artist, and I see a TON of the younger girls in the community looking up to Eugenia and saying they wish they could look like her. Because In my opinion, Eugenia perpetuates the idea (to young people that don’t understand the dangers and may have body image issues) that you can starve yourself to become skinny and still be “ok”, because Eugenia is constantly saying she is “fine” or “ok”. I’ve spoken out in the community after seeing some of the girls say they were going to start starving themselves, and had personal chats with some of them that I knew well. God, the amount of DM’s I got from people saying that finding/seeing her content had really negative effects in their self image or eating disorder issues made me depressed as fuck. 

This is why Eugenia’s content can somewhat piss me off, because it DOES have a really bad effect on some young people, who may have body image issues, eating disorders or anything along those lines. And she pretends everything in her life is just lah-dee-dah...

That all being said though, sorry for this ramble post and I do really wish and hope that she gets help:/

Posted

Wow :--( This broke my heart. 

Posted (edited)

I don't know if you realise how completely ignoarnt you sound but you do. I've had an eating disorder which I'm still recovering from. Impying "lying" about it is equal to "pro-ana" is not only disrespectful but completely missing the mark. People in the thralls of an ED lie, for a lot of reasons. Because they don't want people to worry, they're possibly in denial of how severe their situation may be, Eugenia lying and denying her health problems is not pro ana, assuming she even has an ED in the first place because even though there's plenty of anecdotal evidence the only way to be sure is for her to confirm it herself. "Pro-ana" is a label applied to people who think anorexia is a lifestyle choice and not the illness that it is, and / or directly encourange it in others. 

Yes eating disorders are self harm, as can be a lot of things. She could very well be embarassed, maybe not by a disorder itself but by symptoms like hair thinning, sallow skin, bad teeth, bad breath, etc. Just becuse she maintains her online presence doesnt mean she is confident or comfortable. Having an ED is embarassing, especially in public situations.

Trying to get her removed IS for the comfort of others, either because they don't want to see her or people like her, or they want to feel COMFORT in believing they did something "good" for someone else. Literally what precedent would she set if she passed, no one is going to spend years starving themselves unti they die just because a youtuber did it jesus christ. You're literally not making sense. 

Besides since when is it a bad thing to have symptahy or empathy for someone who is SICK 

So then it would be reasonable to say Trump is pro-democracy? Nationalism is just super~democracy~? We won't know until they confirm it, right?

I think how she lies about it is telling herself that there is no way she could be responsible for negative influence when she is over-the-top non-confrontational, because ~any~youtuber~ can negatively influence viewers. But as a youtuber, her actions say she is pro-ana in almost the same way Trump as a politician is pro-fascist. Deep down she knows what anorexia is, but she lies to herself about it. Deep down she knows she is lying, but she tells herself it will keep her safe. She cannot willingly let go of that feeling, but getting attention that will demand she either change her content or admit to lying is something that can set a precedent for how the next youtuber lying about their ED or other addiction while celebrating it in small ways (body checks, giving praise to those that make excuses for her, wearing skimpy outfits that she knows look ~big~ on her [and don't even try with its~her~sttyyyyllle~] and etc ...really? do I have to list it?) will be handled by platforms that won't be able to ignore the growing wave of controversy that can come with EC's death. If she started blocking anyone that brought it up, she would have been taken down a long time ago. The best thing for her and her young 'fans' is to go private for as long as she's allowed or get offline completely. Looking at Ashley Isaacs and others, EC stands apart because she manages to avoid getting her accounts banned. She has this 'air' of professionalism the others don't.

I also still say that embarrassment is a shallow excuse for her lying which is very obviously just a symptom of the disorder and therefore has no reason or function outside of avoiding treatment. She is not recovering and trying to shy away from talking about it. She is drowning in water and calling it goddamn cotton candy. I refuse to believe she should be regarded as an ordinary victim of this disease with the platform she has managed to maintain. If she wants to die slowly, she should pick her poison and do it in the shadows. She only has her accounts because she easily and deliberately lies and no one with clout seems to want to get involved.

'but' counter: 4

edit: oh shit, the comment above me....am watching it now...

Edited by needsmorelensflare
I took forever to type this.

Posted

I used to be a big fan of hers, about 5-6 years ago I had a small crush on her and recently I realized just how far down she's gone in health, It's so sad and upsetting to see someone doing this and going through it. I wish we could do something to help but if she doesnt fix herself, she's going to die and I don't think she cares which is probably the saddest aspect of this whole thing. Eugenia if you read this please please, get help, take care of yourself and everything will be alright.

Posted

Ufff Why you do dis

Posted

This youtuber also made a video and says he's worked with EC personally. It feels pretty unscripted and most of the beginning is about his struggles with being in the closet.

On reddit someone also mentioned her youtube account is no longer verified.

Posted

The most interesting thing about this video is that one of his comments says that "she stopped replying to texts, changed her number, and won’t reply to dms anywhere." It seems like lately a lot of people have been even more concerned so she's been pushing them away. Whenever someone has an illness they refuse to acknowledge and someone tells them to get help, they often go "you don't understand" but since she's probably heard it multiple times so she's blocked contact with all friends. Being isolated from others make it worse sometimes but I don't know if that's the case with her since we don't know how long she's been doing this

Posted

These videos coming out basically confirm what we have all been suspecting, and I truly feel sorry for her. I really hope she finds it in herself to get better, but I've honestly lost all hope at this point. I understand what she's going through - I struggled with anorexia for three years and have been recovering for four months now. It is a horrific and debilitating illness. I only wish her the best.

Posted

I'm truly scared for her wellbeing. She hasn't posted an update anywhere, and she used to be so so active on Twitter. Even when she took little breaks from posting she was always liking posts and still following new people but now there's just nothing. I really hope she's getting help and not just completely isolating herself. 

Posted

omg she has gained like 100,000 more subscribers in like the past 48 hours wtf is going on. I saw the number went up when i checked to see if her her channel wasnt verified anymore (which it isnt) and I noticed the sub count. She used to have 1.4 mil now its at 1.5!!!??? I know people love to watch a tragedy but jesus... 

Posted

He said that she fainted, could barely stand and only ate a GRAPE for dinner. A singular grape. Like damn, that was THREE years ago and she’s only gotten much skinnier. What on earth does she eat now?

Whats even crazier is that looking at her body 3 years ago, it almost looks healthy compared to her body now. But when I watched her videos back then, I was just as shocked by her weight as I am now :/

DFD39A92-9ABE-4C4C-BCD1-DF1ED0D65607.jpeg

3F6779FF-C5A8-481C-AE25-16482FE82652.jpeg

Posted

Somebody spread a death certificate and a conspiracy theory that she has already died and her video is pre-recorded so I assume a lot of people poured in onto her channel to check her out + a lot of people tried pushing her off the platform so maybe others followed her because they only learned about her now or because they feel sorry for what people are doing to her?

Posted

Ughhhh I keep checking the eugeniacooney subreddit and this person from her discord posted the weirdest thing. I'll spoiler it below, but apparently she's suffering from "a different mental illness" and they/she won't say what it is because "that's personal information". Am I the only one who thinks it's a complete and total lie? yeah dealing with ANY illness is debilitating, but you can't even give an explanation to the people that PAY YOU? 

https://www.reddit.com/r/EUGENIACOONEY/comments/ao8rgv/this_is_getting_out_of_hand_enough_misinformation/

This is getting out of hand, enough misinformation.

renderTimingPixel.png

Hello, i come from the discord server. i've seen a lot of stupid shit about Eugenia, her discord and her mom here; and i think it's time to make some things clear.

First of all, i saw a little post with a few screenshots from discord. Lemme tell you that said post is just a bunch of nitpicked bs to make us look bad and like "enablers" and that we "support her death"; this is completely false, in fact is the complete opposite. EVERYONE in that server is fully aware of her mental condition and in fact we want her to get better as much as you all do. And the reason we say she is fine is because our admins have a way to contact and check on her status.

Second, the reason as to why we get so defensive about all the stuff (Like in the nitpicks of twoon's video) is because believe it or not, when a youtuber exposes Eug's channel because of her problem, chances are, it will send A: People who's genuienly concerned and B: Fucking trolls who post stuff like how happy they are she's dying; and a hint: we get more trolls and cunts than concerned people. To top it all, there's also people who come in screaming for answers but they are so close minded that they can't believe that "Oh my god what x youtuber told me is false" (more on that later) and start to call us names and shit, so they get banned.

Now, into the real meat of the problem. Lemme explain some things to y'all:1: She isn't anorexic. Despite the popular opinion that "every unhealthily thin person must be anorexic", she really isn't. She has other mental illness that i cannot make public without her permission (Remember that she still is a human being) that makes it harder for her to eat. Now she does eat, and both her family and friends make sure of that everyday so despite popular opinion she won't be dying any time soon.

1.1?: btw she has also stated most of this info in her twitch streams, if anyone's wondering

2: Her mom. Oh dear, her Mother. I've seen a few posts her showing her as this "poor little being that has to endure seeing her child die like that, oh no!". Don't, her mother is an alcoholic mess that exploits her daughter's condition for money and views, she takes most of the revenue Eug gets with her vids and probably is what's keeping her like that (as in not getting her proper psychiatric treatment) and also probably was the one who copystriked Twoon's video. Why do i think that? because ever since Eugenia uploaded her last kairi video, she went on a sort of "vacation", a complete break from the internet (because of all the hate she was getting, people calling her a monster for her looks and stuff like that)

While im at it; please, stop spamming the typical "get help" shit. We get it, you all are concerned, but keep in mind she has received the same copy-paste comment for years now. If it hasn't changed anything in years, why would it change something now? If you want to help her, send her support in a good way. The only way to get to someone's "heart" in those cases is "hiding" your true intentions under nice comments (Like, start by saying how good her content is, and is because of that that we want the best for her, and that's why we want her to get passed her illness and yadayadayada)

And to end this, basically help me sharing the truth. We all want the best for her, and at the moment the best would be to stop the spreading of misinformation, the false premise that she's dying, and to call out people milking the situation for drama and views (Like Keemstar, Twoons to some degree, OnisionSpeaks, specially onision, and others)

Aaaaand if you really are interested in her comeback, come and join us to her discord. Despite how people makes us out to be, we are a really nice community (when there aren't rude fucks or closeminded people around) we are all a bunch of people who's really worried about her and want to see her get over this as much as everyone else.

Anyways, hope this post helped you all to better understand this situation, every bit of help sharing this is needed atm. Thanks y'all

Edit: I honestly don't know why she hasn't done a video denying she's anorexic on yt. Maybe her mother won't let her do it, who knows? What i do know is that, as i previously said, that part of the info was said on twitch, on stream when she was alone.

Edit2: Tbh it's interesting to see people so keen on downvoting everything i reply just because i try to give an explanation as to why all of this is happening. I don't really care about karma cuz i don't use Reddit that much, but it still is interesting to see

Like okay, what magical illness is it then? Oh,,, not anorexia guys. It's something ELSE that makes it h a r d for her to eat. Yeah, that's called disordered eating, also known as an eating disorder. I'm hoping that this is a troll and not a delusional fan.

Posted

okay so as someone with an Eating disorder (bulimia with restrictive tendencies) her body was triggering before but now it's just scary like I have seen so much thinspo / bonespo in the past few years but now she looks far worse than any bonespo ive seen someone as sweet as her shouldnt do this to herself it breaks my heart