• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Eugenia Cooney

1486 posts in this topic

Posted

but I learned that if you don't speak up no one will know what you're feeling

response in spoiler because OT

It is not good that you're feeling insecure about the way you look, that's never a good feeling. But I think you should speak with a parent or a relative you trust, maybe a sibling, about it and they can help you get better. 

I do NOT want to seem rude but this thread is not really the best place for you to discuss things like that for your own good, we are not psychologists or professionals. It will help to talk to someone around you who you know personally, and not a bunch of strangers on the internet, trust me. But this is derailing from the topic of Eugenia, which is what this thread is for, which is why people are a bit upset. It is kind of off topic. Also nobody knows if what you're saying is genuine or just for attention.

especially with your most recent reply about leaving it's hard to tell what your motives are. If you really want to talk about it online this isn't the correct thread (no offense.) 

Eugenia hasn't been doing anything for about a week, I know she did this recently and I know she just got Kingdom Hearts so maybe that is why she's gone but I can't help but worry that something happened or hope she got help. :(

Posted

Iti rather have her body than be like 136 pounds tbh

As someone somewhere on the ED spectrum (I still don’t know if I really qualify as anorexic or if I just have insane standards), I understand this sentiment. I even understand expressing such unpopular sentiments. However, just as you have the right to express your opinion, so does everyone else. People disagreed with you and rather than put you on blast, most people just downvoted you and carried on. They quietly disagreed rather than rudely attacking you, imo. No sweat.

You’re also in a thread that focuses a lot on personal responsibility. It explores the idea of “you have the right to x in private but you have a responsibility to be mindful in public.” I’m sure everyone here has that on the brain when in this thread.

Posted

As someone somewhere on the ED spectrum (I still don’t know if I really qualify as anorexic or if I just have insane standards), I understand this sentiment. I even understand expressing such unpopular sentiments. However, just as you have the right to express your opinion, so does everyone else. People disagreed with you and rather than put you on blast, most people just downvoted you and carried on. They quietly disagreed rather than rudely attacking you, imo. No sweat.

You’re also in a thread that focuses a lot on personal responsibility. It explores the idea of “you have the right to x in private but you have a responsibility to be mindful in public.” I’m sure everyone here has that on the brain when in this thread.

ik and im starting to relize i made a mistake and people are taking it too far all cuz i wanna delate it...

Posted

When i saw "+-20 people replied" on this topic i legit trough "oh no... This is it, she's dead now"

i'm so happy that she's not... Yet, at least.

Posted

No no I don’t think it you were wrong to express your opinion! I was just saying when you post something, be prepared for dissenting opinions and try not to take it personally. 

Posted

I get that and I understand that point, where she isnt actively telling people to go be like her and starve themselves, but I also understand that it triggers/hurts people who are sensitive towards eating disorders or well...thin people, like eugenia. 
I do also agree that youtube is a good outlet for her to be creative, but I feel like it would just be better if she focused her creativity on something else to focus on her health. 

Deleting her channel isn't going to make a difference. Even if it gets deleted there's still going to be a near limitless amount of 'ED'-content (for lack of a better term) on the internet. The only way to make a real difference would be to censor the entire internet but I don't think we want to go down that road.

Posted

I know a lot of people suggest this because their intentions are in the wrong place and they just want drama but I genuinely think youtube needs to take down her channel. Her channel is not only a threat to her audience, but it's a threat to herself more than anything because it allows her to make profit off of her illness. Youtube takes down videos for the dumbest shit, yet a girl on the brink of death isn't enough to get them to take action? If her channel is taken down, her main source of income, she'll have no choice but to face reality; at least more than she is now.

And I cannot fucking believe there are people out there who still try to claim this isn't anorexia, and that her hair is real and how we shouldn't diagnose anyone. The girl is DYING, no going around it.

I also don't get the concept of "giving her support" in the form of continuing to watch her videos.  Unless you are voicing your concern for her, watching her as if nothing is wrong is only fueling the fire.

unfortunately, youtube is never gonna do this :/ youtube is like the HR department of a company: they're not actually there for the people, they're there to help the company cover its ass legally. youtube will only take their videos down if they start to get negative media attention for having her there. if it only affects her and her viewers, i doubt they would even bat an eye really. 

Posted (edited)

I had never seen her videos before, I only saw pictures of her on the internet with comments about her weight and decided to check out her vlogs.

I just watched her "Quick and Easy Hairstyles!" video and for some reason, I was completely caught off guard by the fact that she seems so sweet and bubbly.  For some reason that made me feel really sad.  :alpacasad:

Edited by PepperQuiche

Posted

Tbh encouraging the removal of her channel is such shaky ground. That means we have to limit all sick people from the platform, determine the extent of how ill someone has to be to remove them, etc. if Eugenia’s channel has to be taken down, it’s only fair morbidly obese mukbangers have to go too (and I say this as someone who’s pretty chunky). 

Youtube is a corporation that doesn’t give a fuck about the people on it. They’ll steal your money, shut down your channel, demonetize you, let companies CR you into shutdown, etc etc. Unless she’s outright threatening suicide, it won’t work. 

Eugenia’s recovery will start and end with Eugenia. Forcing her into therapy won’t work if she doesn’t want to get better. She’ll gain weight and then spiral back down again. Even if her channel is shutdown, she still has her other socials. And even if those get shut down, she still has herself to entertain with the idea her skeletal body is a vision of health and beauty. Fighting ED’s is more than fattening someone up. 

Posted

Tbh encouraging the removal of her channel is such shaky ground. That means we have to limit all sick people from the platform, determine the extent of how ill someone has to be to remove them, etc. if Eugenia’s channel has to be taken down, it’s only fair morbidly obese mukbangers have to go too (and I say this as someone who’s pretty chunky). 

Yeah i def don't agree with people trying to get her deleted.... she's not "pro-ana" or advocating eating disorders or anything like that as far as i've seen. I mean she won't even admit ot wether or not she has a disroder assumingly because she's embaraased and/or doesn't to inadvertantly encourage it in tohers. Sure the videos where she's almost naked are questionable but that's another thing. I hate the idea that anyone with physical symptoms of mental health problems should be forcibly censored for the comfort of others, like people with scars from self harm or people with bodies like Eugenia or people with trich or skin picking habbits etc... If someone else's mere existence is triggering to you thats kinda your issue. Like, I have triggers, one being a specific name of someone who did something horrible to me. I can't exactly expect everyone I meet with that name to change it or never say it out loud, it's something I have to work with and deal with myself. 

Posted

i found this video last night 

tldr: she says she doesn't feel like anything's wrong or has a reason to go to the doctor to get checked out
i also watched repzion's video about her that was just uploaded, and he's right - no matter how many people are posting about her and telling her to get help, it won't get her help. 

Posted

she's not "pro-ana" or advocating eating disorders or anything like that as far as i've seen. I mean she won't even admit ot wether or not she has a disroder assumingly because she's embaraased and/or doesn't to inadvertantly encourage it in tohers. Sure the videos where she's almost naked are questionable but that's another thing. I hate the idea that anyone with physical symptoms of mental health problems should be forcibly censored for the comfort of others, like people with scars from self harm or people with bodies like Eugenia or people with trich or skin picking habbits etc... If someone else's mere existence is triggering to you thats kinda your issue.

Not on the biggest platforms on the internet. 1. She is pro-ana in how she willfully and purposefully lies. 2. She is not EMBARASSED, that is hilarious. This is self-harm. 3. For comfort? Did certain movies getting cancelled or delayed after 9/11 for the public's comfort? Think about what will happen when she dies. Have you thought about what kind of precedent that will set? Just because someone has a number of the signs of an ED doesn't mean they look malnourished, and there is no size or shape someone can be in to PROVE they aren't malnourished. A large percent of women/young girls will have a poor relationship with food at some point and it may take something as common as bullying at school to contribute to the development of more symptoms.

This comment is blissfully foolish at best, if not apologetic.

tldr: she says she doesn't feel like anything's wrong or has a reason to go to the doctor to get checked out
i also watched repzion's video about her that was just uploaded, and he's right - no matter how many people are posting about her and telling her to get help, it won't get her help. 

Not she herself, of course. I think if there is a chance of there being an intervention, it has to come from people on the web with clout as long as the platforms refuse to take a stand. And by intervention, I mean simply taking a stand and encouraging commentors to be kind and sensitive towards her while also rebuking the narrative that she is a healthy youtuber being victimized by the majority of comments that show concern and grief.

In the sort-of-not news, people were on reddit saying she died, but someone else made claims that the website with a paywall that is being used for proof is not accurate and can have a 'file' on anyone. It looks like a lot more people are discussing it on reddit and youtube now (aside from 'just ler her die lol' and 'ohwel, jus giv up lol') and I agree with some people saying that her friends might have given up on her.

I kind of wish EC would answer the question, whether or not she want strangers to give up trying to help her with a simple yes or no. It would probably pain her too much to even try answering.

Posted

i found this video last night 

i also watched repzion's video about her that was just uploaded, and he's right - no matter how many people are posting about her and telling her to get help, it won't get her help. 

Best way at this point is to have the state muscle in on this, because she doesn't see anything wrong with it and her mother seems to be encouraging it.

I'm not a fan of the state or federal interference but man, what else can people really do other than watch her die?

Posted

Not she herself, of course. I think if there is a chance of there being an intervention, it has to come from people on the web with clout as long as the platforms refuse to take a stand. And by intervention, I mean simply taking a stand and encouraging commenters to be kind and sensitive towards her while also rebuking the narrative that she is a healthy youtuber being victimized by the majority of comments that show concern and grief.

In the sort-of-not news, people were on reddit saying she died, but someone else made claims that the website with a paywall that is being used for proof is not accurate and can have a 'file' on anyone. It looks like a lot more people are discussing it on reddit and youtube now (aside from 'just ler her die lol' and 'ohwel, jus giv up lol') and I agree with some people saying that her friends might have given up on her.

I kind of wish EC would answer the question, whether or not she want strangers to give up trying to help her with a simple yes or no. It would probably pain her too much to even try answering.

i don't think an online intervention would help her or anyone with a real mental/eating disorder that's already gone so far. she's had her youtube for several years, and if none of the comments in the past affected her making youtube videos, chances are none of the comments made today would either. you can delete her from youtube, but what about the videos made about her so far? what about the other online forums talking about her like here or reddit? 

if we're sticking to the narrative that some youtubers have said that EC likes the attention that she gets, she definitely won't answer. she said it herself - she doesn't think she has a problem big enough to go to the doctor. if that isn't straight denial idk what is. 

nothing that anybody comments makes any difference if none of the people who are physically there with her won't do anything about it. she's been dodging comments and questions about her alleged ED for years. unfortunately i highly highly doubt any of it would suddenly make her realize that she needs help. 

Posted

Not on the biggest platforms on the internet. 1. She is pro-ana in how she willfully and purposefully lies. 2. She is not EMBARASSED, that is hilarious. This is self-harm. 3. For comfort? Did certain movies getting cancelled or delayed after 9/11 for the public's comfort? Think about what will happen when she dies. Have you thought about what kind of precedent that will set? Just because someone has a number of the signs of an ED doesn't mean they look malnourished, and there is no size or shape someone can be in to PROVE they aren't malnourished. A large percent of women/young girls will have a poor relationship with food at some point and it may take something as common as bullying at school to contribute to the development of more symptoms.

This comment is blissfully foolish at best, if not apologetic.

I don't know if you realise how completely ignoarnt you sound but you do. I've had an eating disorder which I'm still recovering from. Impying "lying" about it is equal to "pro-ana" is not only disrespectful but completely missing the mark. People in the thralls of an ED lie, for a lot of reasons. Because they don't want people to worry, they're possibly in denial of how severe their situation may be, Eugenia lying and denying her health problems is not pro ana, assuming she even has an ED in the first place because even though there's plenty of anecdotal evidence the only way to be sure is for her to confirm it herself. "Pro-ana" is a label applied to people who think anorexia is a lifestyle choice and not the illness that it is, and / or directly encourange it in others. 

Yes eating disorders are self harm, as can be a lot of things. She could very well be embarassed, maybe not by a disorder itself but by symptoms like hair thinning, sallow skin, bad teeth, bad breath, etc. Just becuse she maintains her online presence doesnt mean she is confident or comfortable. Having an ED is embarassing, especially in public situations.

Trying to get her removed IS for the comfort of others, either because they don't want to see her or people like her, or they want to feel COMFORT in believing they did something "good" for someone else. Literally what precedent would she set if she passed, no one is going to spend years starving themselves unti they die just because a youtuber did it jesus christ. You're literally not making sense. 

Besides since when is it a bad thing to have symptahy or empathy for someone who is SICK