• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Eugenia Cooney

1708 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree that she doesn't owe anyone an explanation of why she is that thin, nor does it mean she has/doesn't have an ED. Mental disorders are stigmatized and traumatizing as they are and I understand if she doesn't want to speak about it for whatever reasons she has. She isn't Felice, who actively triggered her followers with "thinspo" photos while claiming she was recovering from her anorexia. 

At the same time though, I can't help but think of the young girls watching her videos and thinking that Eugenia's body is perfect or beautiful, which, anorexia/disease or not, isn't healthy for most people. Girls who aspire to look like her/slander her for being triggering have their own issues as well, and telling them to just deal with it or to stop watching her videos is equal to telling Eugenia to stop making her videos. 

There just isn't one clear solution to this. 

Posted

To add, obviously being that skinny if not an ED, would be a medical condition, you just can't be THAT naturally skinny. Usually if people have a medical condition that severe they want to fix it. If she did have a medical condition that bad, then she would obviously know its unhealthy. That is why I believe it is not caused by a medical condition, and is probably an ED, because she is not trying to help herself. Also, when people call her a skeleton she always responds with a positive view on how she is glad she is referred as a skeleton.

Also, if it were a medical condition she wouldn't need to state what condition it is, she could just encourage her audience to not develop a ED in order to look like her.

Posted

She does have anorexia for someone who has ednos behaviour she's way to thin and if she was naturally skinny she would want to gain weight and she looks so emancipated she probably doesn't eat 

Posted (edited)

#naturallyskinny

Clipboard01d.thumb.png.aac17db5ddc5b0209

the point that boggles me about her is saying that she is "just naturally skinny". If you dont want to talk about it: fine. But dont call that natural. Just from looking at her one can see that her weight is way below a BMI of 16, I'd take a wild guess and say 14 or 15. At least if you have any idea of how people look in that intervall. 

She looks similar to Rachel Farrokh last year before her recovery and not as bad as Ashley Isaacs but she is undoubtly at a pretty low, near life-threatening weight. She might even be appear more-skeleton-like because her frame is so petite, because she grew up being malnourished, ED or not. Yes her face still looks normal, but judging from her instragram the amount of fat tissue in her face is decreasing slowly. In about 5-10 years she will at least have that Isabelle Caro look. 

I also want to add that she said several times being on YouNow that she thinks she looks perfectly fine, and just doesnt understand why anyone would think she needs to gain weight. 

I dont know if she has anorexia nervosa, but she is severely underweight and denying that is just odd. 

Also I somehow dont believe her on not knowing how thin she is because she is always trying to cross her legs for not getting that "skeleton thigh gap" look. 

Another person assuming and diagnosing her with a mental disorder with no proof.

My aunt is in her 50s , and she is almost as skinny as Eugenia, I can notice muscle wastage on her, bones poking everywhere,  gaunt face, yet she is healthy and happy ? How do I know she is healthy and happy?  She is my aunt and she just never cares much for food, her intake is so little yet she doesn't even know,  she just eats when she needs to eat and nobody in the family or outside the family is like " let diagnose her with an eating disorder" .. she may look super skinny but her mental health is stable.

Your aunt literally has nothing to do with Eugenia Cooney. 

Edited by Nao_h

Posted

She does have and eating disorder and someone cannot be that thin without seeking any hell especially when she avoids the topic about food and she has lost so much weight since she probably doesn't eat that much 

Posted (edited)

That scenario is irrelevant. She is CHOOSING to put herself in the spotlight, so she owes an explanation. A normal girl on the street isn't seen by thousands of young teenagers on a regular basis. She has a responsibility to that audience. 

She's doing the influencing already by not saying anything. If she talks about it, she'll actually stop influencing her viewers. If she admitted that it wasn't healthy, then all of her younger viewers would stop thinking they could be like her. They wouldn't think it 'normal,' so they'd stop trying to reach her unhealthy standard.

I'm triggered by her appearance, but my argument isn't about triggering. It's about causing people to have eating disorders, not affecting the ones that already have them. (Which she does, but that can't be changed. Influencing other people can be changed.) 

I'm sorry that you're struggling, but honestly this mindset is very counterproductive to recovery. Eugenia doesn't owe anyone anything - it's her choice if she wants to discuss her health or not. Sorry to be blunt, but if you are under the impression that someone else caused your illness you're probably not going to get better anytime soon. It's definitely true that people can be influenced, but eating disorders are SO much more complicated than someone watching a video featuring a thin person and then suddenly becoming sick. Hiding from triggers and attributing your illness to others isn't conducive to healing.

IMO your campaign is pretty much bullying and isn't really doing anything to solve any problems. It's our society & rediculous beauty expectations that are messed up, not Eugenia. 

(I hope I didn't sound rude, that's not my intention - I just wanted to offer a different viewpoint)

image.thumb.jpeg.412ee6b1ccf41cb2b878ae3

She looks so beautiful here!!

Edited by DatGurl
Submitted before I was finished

Posted

I'm sorry that you're struggling, but honestly this mindset is very counterproductive to recovery. Eugenia doesn't owe anyone anything - it's her choice if she wants to discuss her health or not. Sorry to be blunt, but if you are under the impression that someone else caused your illness you're probably not going to get better anytime soon. It's definitely true that people can be influenced, but eating disorders are SO much more complicated than someone watching a video featuring a thin person and then suddenly becoming sick. Hiding from triggers and attributing your illness to others isn't conducive to healing.

IMO your campaign is pretty much bullying and isn't really doing anything to solve any problems. It's our society & rediculous beauty expectations that are messed up, not Eugenia. 

(I hope I didn't sound rude, that's not my intention - I just wanted to offer a different viewpoint)

She looks so beautiful here!!

This exactly. Although there are some things you just can't avoid when being famous/semi-famous, it's ridiculous to say that she should disclose anything regarding her mental/physical health. Medical history is a personal thing and just because she's in the "spotlight" doesn't mean she absolutely needs to talk about it. Sure, it would clear up a whole lot, but no one but herself has that decision on what she wants to say about her weight. 

And wow, couldn't even tell that was her in the photo. I personally like her without all the dark eye makeup and scene hair, but to each their own. 

Posted

She seems like such a sweet girl, I used to watch her videos because I liked her personality and she seems so warming but her weight just always bothered me.

I really hope she's okay and that's she's not just lying about feeling fine to get all those people off her back, her video comment section are always bombarded with people asking about her weight, criticizing her because she's so skinny, and people concerned for well being.

Posted

you guys I think in the 4th one her nipple is visible

Posted

image.thumb.jpeg.412ee6b1ccf41cb2b878ae3

Oh my gosh she looks amazing here, honestly I'm not a huge fan of the emo look now (mainly cause i grew up lmao) but wow... she's a beauty :alpacaworry2:

Posted

the thing is IF she is anorexic why is her hair healthy? and thick? because i once lost weight really fast but never became her level of thin and my hair started falling off in clumps from the root.

Posted

the thing is IF she is anorexic why is her hair healthy? and thick? because i once lost weight really fast but never became her level of thin and my hair started falling off in clumps from the root.

It really differs from person to person. When I was nearly at her frame I still had very healthy hair (however it stopped growing, and I wore extensions). To me it looks like she has extensions and teases it for volume. 

Posted

It doesn't ALWAYS happen. Every person is different. Just because your hair started falling out doesn't mean everyone else's will. When I became dangerously underweight, a BMI not even on the scale, my hair didn't fall out, I didn't get dry or greasy skin, or yellowing of my fingers, my fingernails didn't snap. The only symptoms I really got were the dizziness, fatigue, and exhaustion. I bet you didn't get every single physical effect that you're supposed to get? There are so many other things that 'should' happen when you lose weight. Technically, you should have osteoporosis the minute you start losing weight, but you didn't, did you? 

Sorry my offence is not just aimed at you, but the hundreds of other people that believe that every single disorder happens the same way in everyone. 

Posted

It doesn't ALWAYS happen. Every person is different. Just because your hair started falling out doesn't mean everyone else's will. When I became dangerously underweight, a BMI not even on the scale, my hair didn't fall out, I didn't get dry or greasy skin, or yellowing of my fingers, my fingernails didn't snap. The only symptoms I really got were the dizziness, fatigue, and exhaustion. I bet you didn't get every single physical effect that you're supposed to get? There are so many other things that 'should' happen when you lose weight. Technically, you should have osteoporosis the minute you start losing weight, but you didn't, did you? 

Sorry my offence is not just aimed at you, but the hundreds of other people that believe that every single disorder happens the same way in everyone. 

oh it's ok. at that time i still wasn't at my goal but it was so stressful because i have to choose from losing weight slower or not minding the hair loss..i'm just envious that some people don't suffer hair loss

Posted

:derp: