• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Eugenia Cooney

1632 posts in this topic

Posted

Apparently ads for weight loss related products specifically target Eugenia Cooney fans and people who watch eating disorder videos. Interesting.

Posted

If this is true, that would explain a lot of the odd behaviors we've been seeing with everyone around her, or at least why they are so quiet online about it. Could she really be that lonely in real life or is she just that obsessed being with her fans? I know she has a few friends but I heard most of the ones she talks to the most are online. Maybe it would be best to get her away from the internet from a while? Like a break from youtube or live streaming or something. It'll less likely help with the eating disorder but it might be with her obsession. 

Posted

If that's all true, then why hasn't she been declared an incapacitated person and involuntarily hospitalized or gone inpatient? Surely, that severe state of denial with how she physically looks is enough to prove she is mentally incapable of caring for herself and making medical decisions.

Posted

Dont have any proof but almost certain she is using hair extentions

She does wear hair extensions, she had an IG post promoting some hair extension company she had a discount code for awhile back but when I looked for it it seems she changed the caption. I'm pretty sure this was the picture https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm3kSBUB6pO/. I went through the comments and in the older ones people are talking about hair extensions, to confirm. Plus if you looks at the pictures she takes outside you can tell the shape her hair is in (dull and damaged). 

Posted

I mean, the reddit link seems to be proof but how do we know its real? For all we know its written by someone who's never even met eugenia and/or her acquaintances.  
There's no proof anywhere that its real, there's no proof its fake. 

Posted

Apparently ads for weight loss related products specifically target Eugenia Cooney fans and people who watch eating disorder videos. Interesting.

That’s just how YouTube works, sadly. If I watch videos on Amberlynn Reid I get the same ads. If I watch pet videos I get animal shelter ads. If I watch painting videos I get art supply ads. 

Videos on Eugenia tend to be tagged with eating disorders, so I can see how the ad algorithms would associate her with those. 

On the extension topic- hairloss can be a side affect that comes with malnutrition. She also colors her hair, which slightly damages hair depending on the dye quality. Idk how real that post is but I’d not be shocked if she wore them. 

Posted

Hello everyone I’m new here to this topic. I have a lot to say so bear with me ☺️ 

That reddit post mentioned above is very interesting. Especially about the part where the person pretty much says Eugenia doesn’t eat and stays up for days... that has some merit to it, because even if the person was lying about Eugenia, the fact is, people who starve themselves can’t sleep because their body goes into survival mode because the body is trying to survive. 

I feel terrible for saying this but I honestly thought Eugenia would be dead by now. I only check her ig and channel to see if she’s still alive (as do many others). In regards to that I think her days are numbered. 

I don’t think youtube is going to suspend her channel, I bet they want too though... There are so many people who are obese and overweight who have channels and YouTube does nothing. I think this is because of legal reasons...

In reagrds to her mother.. well her eating disorder is not her mums fault as we know but if I were a mother and my daughter looked like that I would be shoving food down her throat no matter the age and I wouldn’t care for the legal or any consequences for that matter. I wouldn’t let someone I love and cared about die. But that’s just me guys...

Posted

That’s just how YouTube works, sadly. If I watch videos on Amberlynn Reid I get the same ads. If I watch pet videos I get animal shelter ads. If I watch painting videos I get art supply ads. 

Videos on Eugenia tend to be tagged with eating disorders, so I can see how the ad algorithms would associate her with those. 

On the extension topic- hairloss can be a side affect that comes with malnutrition. She also colors her hair, which slightly damages hair depending on the dye quality. Idk how real that post is but I’d not be shocked if she wore them. 

Black hair dye is much less damaging than lightening hair with bleach, to my knowledge. Straightening or curling hair with heat is probably more damaging than black dye is but I could easily be wrong, If her hair is thinning, it's more likely to be from heat treatments and malnutrition than from dye?

Posted

it disgusts me that her family doesn't give a shit about her.

Posted

Well, she disabled her comment section on this video, wonder if it's because of the attention on her exploitation of her illness have risen on youtube recently.

Posted

Well, she disabled her comment section on this video, wonder if it's because of the attention on her exploitation of her illness have risen on youtube recently.

What were the comments saying?

Posted

Hi~hello~, first time commenter here... I had to see this mentioned even though the reports are about her personal living situation. I feel a bit uncomfortable knowing this much. With that said, assuming what this youtuber (BrianaLoveW) says about Eugenia's family is true...I don't think she will be getting help or intervention from her family ANY time soon. There may be nothing anyone can do about it, but at this point after all the attention other youtubers have given her I think this may be some of the most productive. I've really hesitated to post or get too concerned with the troubles of youtubers, but I can't seem to stop thinking about Eugenia's presence on social media...To keep this part short, I will say I am most motivated by concern for her wellbeing, but concern for the level of influence she has on her followers and their comfortable bubbles online still floats in the back of my mind as well.

I have been thinking for a while now how much the struggle with anorexia seems to parallel that with addiction to drugs or even gambling (which is most personal for me) and this first video really paints a picture of a family that has been troubled and pained by addiction for many, many years.

Note: If you are bothered by beeping fire alarms like I am, I'll spare you the irritation of having to watch at least the first video

https://youtu.be/ouGV2ITX84c?t=164

The gist of the video is...Eugenia and her family have (or had?) a maid who revealed to members of this youtuber's extended family (who work in the housekeeping industry[?] as well), that...

• the parents, though living together, do not share a bed anymore and seem to be 'separated'
  • "There is confirmed alcoholism within the family, mom and dad do heavily drink" and the two get into a lot of fights
  • the father has gotten a DUI in the past and, contrary to what BLW says Eugenia has claimed, works from home part-time
  • the brother, as supported from a diff source, has special needs and lives there with the family
  • because of the alcoholism, Eugenia has played the role of parent/caretaker and supports her codependent family in a number of ways
  • the housekeeper has had to also play caretaker role for Eugenia's brother as they do not have someone specially trained
  • Eugenia and her brother may be using the internet as an escape from their daily lives and family conflicts. BLW states the parents' fighting puts them in a tough situation and I suspect it may be a very frequent and ongoing problem that reinforces their isolation.

Her other videos continue to paint a somewhat personal picture of Eugenia's life so far in LA... So far I've only watched the most recent two out of five, this second one being the latest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLnuKqzpMf8 and at least three of them are about Eugenia.

I know this is long and I am not necessarily trying to promote any one youtuber among the others that really focus a lot of attention on Eugenia, but I want to know what you guys think about these claims in particular. There will probably always be more and I don't always know what to believe, but is it misguided or reaching to believe her anorexia could be the result of deep struggles with addiction within the whole family? I shouldn't care, but I think Eugenia is really genuinely  charismatic and as thoughtful as she can be. She would be so much more successful if she faced her internal conflict about body image and self-love, because it's clear she doesn't grasp what it is she is losing. If she wants to use online platforms and communities to escape her living situation and internal conflicts, there must be a better way! I just hate to see that her illness is continuing to progress so publicly without end in sight...nevermind seeing the encouragement she's probably greatly lacked growing up come from proana clones. It shouldn't make my heart hurt, but it does...

'but' counter: 7

Posted

What were the comments saying?

Not sure about the comments on that video but I saw a rise in expose videos from small channels discussing how she's proana and that her viewers are enabling her since she was in Niki Demartino's music video. She also seems to get more dislikes this while.

Some pointed it out in her previous video:

qAGOO1P.jpg

b3iRCFe.jpg

It's weird that before when she was bombarded with dislikes just because people were urging her to get off youtube and seek therapy she was fine with leaving the comment section on and filled with "OMG you're so skinny!!! You're gonna die!!!" reactions but now that people are speaking out on her using her illness for views and money, she decided to disable them.

I do hope that this is a wake up call but by the looks of what she's doing, I'm not sure if she ever even wants to get better.

Posted

Hi~hello~, first time commenter here... I had to see this mentioned even though the reports are about her personal living situation. I feel a bit uncomfortable knowing this much. With that said, assuming what this youtuber (BrianaLoveW) says about Eugenia's family is true...I don't think she will be getting help or intervention from her family ANY time soon. There may be nothing anyone can do about it, but at this point after all the attention other youtubers have given her I think this may be some of the most productive. I've really hesitated to post or get too concerned with the troubles of youtubers, but I can't seem to stop thinking about Eugenia's presence on social media...To keep this part short, I will say I am most motivated by concern for her wellbeing, but concern for the level of influence she has on her followers and their comfortable bubbles online still floats in the back of my mind as well.

I have been thinking for a while now how much the struggle with anorexia seems to parallel that with addiction to drugs or even gambling (which is most personal for me) and this first video really paints a picture of a family that has been troubled and pained by addiction for many, many years.

Note: If you are bothered by beeping fire alarms like I am, I'll spare you the irritation of having to watch at least the first video

https://youtu.be/ouGV2ITX84c?t=164

The gist of the video is...Eugenia and her family have (or had?) a maid who revealed to members of this youtuber's extended family (who work in the housekeeping industry[?] as well), that...

• the parents, though living together, do not share a bed anymore and seem to be 'separated'
  • "There is confirmed alcoholism within the family, mom and dad do heavily drink" and the two get into a lot of fights
  • the father has gotten a DUI in the past and, contrary to what BLW says Eugenia has claimed, works from home part-time
  • the brother, as supported from a diff source, has special needs and lives there with the family
  • because of the alcoholism, Eugenia has played the role of parent/caretaker and supports her codependent family in a number of ways
  • the housekeeper has had to also play caretaker role for Eugenia's brother as they do not have someone specially trained
  • Eugenia and her brother may be using the internet as an escape from their daily lives and family conflicts. BLW states the parents' fighting puts them in a tough situation and I suspect it may be a very frequent and ongoing problem that reinforces their isolation.

Her other videos continue to paint a somewhat personal picture of Eugenia's life so far in LA... So far I've only watched the most recent two out of five, this second one being the latest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLnuKqzpMf8 and at least three of them are about Eugenia.

I know this is long and I am not necessarily trying to promote any one youtuber among the others that really focus a lot of attention on Eugenia, but I want to know what you guys think about these claims in particular. There will probably always be more and I don't always know what to believe, but is it misguided or reaching to believe her anorexia could be the result of deep struggles with addiction within the whole family? I shouldn't care, but I think Eugenia is really genuinely  charismatic and as thoughtful as she can be. She would be so much more successful if she faced her internal conflict about body image and self-love, because it's clear she doesn't grasp what it is she is losing. If she wants to use online platforms and communities to escape her living situation and internal conflicts, there must be a better way! I just hate to see that her illness is continuing to progress so publicly without end in sight...nevermind seeing the encouragement she's probably greatly lacked growing up come from proana clones. It shouldn't make my heart hurt, but it does...

'but' counter: 7

Sadly, this makes a lot of sense. IveI watched a lot of ED recovery videos and nearly everyone cites a lack of control in their lives as a primary trigger for the beginning of their eating disorders.