• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Eugenia Cooney

1694 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn’t watch the whole video, but I agree with her. She’s saying what a lot of us have been trying to say. You can’t tell someone they’re not allowed to show their body in a video. We all have one body we have to live in, it’s ridiculous to expect someone to completely hide it at all times. Regardless of someones weight or health status, we all have a right to be seen. 

Posted

This video (Video Link) made me so uncomfortable. Eugenia and her mother have such a strange relationship. I can’t even describe it. This video was incredibly awkward to watch. 

73234947-D2B1-45F4-A564-14B32B92F093.thu

Even though this is clearly not the right shade for Eugenia, I can’t help but notice how nice she would look with some color! 

I agree, although I almost feel like her mother is on the verge of a breakdown. Whenever she looks at the camera her eyes are super glassy, as if there's tears in her eyes, and she doesn't even LOOK at Eugenia if she doesn't have to, as if she's scared of seeing what she looks like. The people in the comments have pointed it out but there are specific points in the video where her mother looks just incredibly defeated or out of it. I really don't think her mother is like Marge, but someone who is just afraid of giving her daughter some much-needed tough love. 

Posted

This is a sincere question, I don't mean to be disrespectful- how is Eugenia still alive? The first time I stumbled upon her channel years ago I thought "If she's gonna keep living like this she'll die a teen" but she's 22(?) now. And every time I randomly come across her channel again I'm amazed she's still alive and I think it can't be long before the day comes I go online and the internet's going insane over her death. But it never seems to happen. I obviously don't want to see her dead, but how? And how comes she hasn't been hospitalized when she was still a minor (unless she was and idk)

From my experience, I’ve known girls who have been living relatively well (as well as you can with anorexia) with a bmi of 11 or 12. The main threat to their life is if they get sick as their weakened immune system can’t handle it. It’s crazy but they get so used to functioning at that weight I think the body just kind of adapts. Obviously they’re not healthy, they’re very weak, have cognitive issues, anemia, hair loss etc but somehow they seem to keep going. It’s refeeding syndrome that kills a lot of girls with such a low bmi that don’t begin recovery with proper medical advice. their body can’t handle the sudden influx of nutrition and goes overboard and it ends up being fatal a lot of the time :( just from what I’ve noticed in a few instances

Posted (edited)

I have mixed feelings on her mom. It must be very difficult to have to deal with Eugenia's illness, but at the same time, she enabled the illness. She's always filming her when she should be getting her help... I don't want to blame her, but she's part of the problem. The modeling and acting classes when she clearly has an eating disorder? I mean, she was the one taking her to NY to be able to do those things. So much so that her daughter even missed school for her NY trips. And also participating in doing the photos and videos from the very beginning....I think she's just messed up for enabling her. 

eugenianotincest.thumb.png.167929d27c937Screenshot_20180824-193011.thumb.png.386Screenshot_20180824-193026.thumb.png.ae0Screenshot_20180824-192348.thumb.png.c4e

I know it's old stuff, but It's been at least 8 years of her having this disorder, and her mom has always been there encouraging it in some way. 

Edited by Whythough

Posted

Sorry didn’t mean to quote

If an overweight person can do mukbangs and still be allowed to be on youtube, then why can’t Eugenia? Geniune question. Both are harming to themselves, but only one is almost forced to leave the internet 

Posted

I have mixed feelings on her mom. It must be very difficult to have to deal with Eugenia's illness, but at the same time, she enabled the illness. She's always filming her when she should be getting her help... I don't want to blame her, but she's part of the problem. The modeling and acting classes when she clearly has an eating disorder? I mean, she was the one taking her to NY to be able to do those things. So much so that her daughter even missed school for her NY trips. And also participating in doing the photos and videos from the very beginning....I think she's just messed up for enabling her. 

eugenianotincest.thumb.png.167929d27c937Screenshot_20180824-193011.thumb.png.386Screenshot_20180824-193026.thumb.png.ae0Screenshot_20180824-192348.thumb.png.c4e

I know it's old stuff, but It's been at least 8 years of her having this disorder, and her mom has always been there encouraging it in some way. 

I have a question. What is up in that draw my life video, like how it says "not incest" that's very strange that she mentioned something like that? 

Posted

I have a question. What is up in that draw my life video, like how it says "not incest" that's very strange that she mentioned something like that? 

A lot of people (or I guess trolls) online will keep asking her if she's in a incestuous relationship with her family members. That or will do incestuous joke and such which she will then have to explain that she is not in a incestuous relationship with anyone. I actually remember this happening a few times on her streams and I would only watch them for like a couple minutes. It's an ongoing trend that's been happening for a while with her now (mostly on streams though).

Posted

A lot of people (or I guess trolls) online will keep asking her if she's in a incestuous relationship with her family members. That or will do incestuous joke and such which she will then have to explain that she is not in a incestuous relationship with anyone. I actually remember this happening a few times on her streams and I would only watch them for like a couple minutes. It's an ongoing trend that's been happening for a while with her now (mostly on streams though).

I kinda feel bad for her (in this aspect anyway), it really must suck to have people ask if you're in an incestuous relationship. I mean she does have a weird relationship with her mom and while I think people can speculate if she is, that's pretty shitty to say it to her face. Imagine how disgusted she is that people think that

Posted

If an overweight person can do mukbangs and still be allowed to be on youtube, then why can’t Eugenia? Geniune question. Both are harming to themselves, but only one is almost forced to leave the internet 

I feel like it stems from overweight people always being seen as comic relief. It's more fun and amusing to watch the fat person stuff their face than it is to see an anorexic girl exist online. While there's definitely stigmas around overweight people, I think it's more normalized to some degree (even if in an inappropriate way), than an underweight person because underweight is instantly seen as bad. I hope that makes sense.

Posted (edited)

This is a sincere question, I don't mean to be disrespectful- how is Eugenia still alive? The first time I stumbled upon her channel years ago I thought "If she's gonna keep living like this she'll die a teen" but she's 22(?) now. And every time I randomly come across her channel again I'm amazed she's still alive and I think it can't be long before the day comes I go online and the internet's going insane over her death. But it never seems to happen. I obviously don't want to see her dead, but how? And how comes she hasn't been hospitalized when she was still a minor (unless she was and idk)

I thought the same. But there are some cases when people who have bulima or anorexia who have lived passed the years they were told they didn't have. One example is a woman who live to be in her late 30's who looked thinner then Eugenia, If I remember correctly her name was Valeria Levitin. Eugenia could live to be in her early 30's maybe late 20's but if she doesn't get help soon then I feel she not get past that. 

Edited by CelesteLee

Posted (edited)

Just saw this...She says she's naturally like that? UMM NOOOOO. I see you checking your arm ALL THE TIME. She constantly does arm checks (she'll wrap her hand around her arm to check it....) in multiple videos... including this one!!! She answers the question at the 1:40 mark*

However, I'm not sure how old some of these clips are...IN the more recent one I posted a page back, she was less in denial.

Ever since Shane's docuseries', people keep commenting he should interview her and do a series on her, but he's already met her in the past where they did a podcast. She's so far gone, I'm not sure he could do anything at all...He has his own eating disorder to deal with. Not sure it's even a good idea. He's kind, which might help or enable her more. It's difficult to tell. Besides, who knows if he'd even touch a topic like this in regards to another person...

eugeniashane.thumb.png.1f36cb2588dacfe6d 

Edited by Whythough

Posted

Just saw this...She says she's naturally like that? UMM NOOOOO. I see you checking your arm ALL THE TIME. She constantly does arm checks (she'll wrap her hand around her arm to check it....) in multiple videos... including this one!!! She answers the question at the 1:40 mark*

duuude once you pointed it out, I saw it. she did arm checks several times, including right when she was answering the question about her weight

Posted

This video (Video Link) made me so uncomfortable. Eugenia and her mother have such a strange relationship. I can’t even describe it. This video was incredibly awkward to watch. 

73234947-D2B1-45F4-A564-14B32B92F093.thu

Even though this is clearly not the right shade for Eugenia, I can’t help but notice how nice she would look with some color! 

81B62521-47F3-44A8-AFB4-D26C709D2730.thu

I can't help but notice how grey and devoid of color her skin is. I'm pale af but my skin still has somewhat of a glow because I am properly nourished. Her skin has almost no color, other than the redness in her hands from applying the makeup. 

Posted

well she's still alive. watching her stream...man it makes me feel sick but she's really nice. :/