• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Eugenia Cooney aka Skeleton Queen

1178 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What I meant is would she be more restricted in a clinic when compared to her peers? I find it weird that she's allowed to login to her Instagram account to look at and like Kingdom Hearts posts because she technically logging in to her job. There are also hundreds of pictures that she's posted of herself over the years which she will be seeing when she uses her account. Kind of makes me wonder if she's actually being treated at home or someone else is liking those posts using her account. 

Some theories have been floated here and elsewhere that it is a bot her account uses to stay active, or an agent or a parent/relative that is "liking" appropriate things from her Instagram account to keep it active and allow her to keep her verified status. It would make very good sense to have someone babysitting her account (staying logged in, liking things that make sense, and checking for unusual posting or login activity) so it doesn't get hacked again  -- one time someone hacked her Twitter account and posted some awful racist shit under her name. 

Edited by Big Boner

Posted

do you guys think shes ever coming back to social media? i mean everyone always says its her encouragement to keep starving herself because of the outrage. or do you think she will come back so she can shock us once more with her recovery?

Posted (edited)

Honestly, no news is good news, in her situation at least. I think she should be done with the internet, I mean its one big trigger currently so I really don't expect her to have any desire to come back. If therapy and recovery is going well, we might get a "hey guys I'm doing well" message, but beyond that is a stretch. I imagine she will realize what a hell [her corner of] the internet is and how contradicting that is to her recovery, so yeah I don't expect her to come back when she's in the right state of mind. but I think its for the best. The only way she could do well online is if someone managed her entirely, making her unable to see the comments on youtube and her streams. its all one big trigger at this point :/// This is probably why she was so apprehensive about going into recovery-- recovery means ditching all the sweet fans and the good things about her community. I'm sure she's doing well, I miss her, but its for the better 100%.

Edited by touru

Posted

The theory about her being dead is that not far from accurate, sadly. At her stage of this illness it's very risky and hard to get her body to absorb the nutrients and to digest food properly. I'm not confirming anything but I'm just saying that anything is possible.

I actually believe that someone else is controlling her Twitter and other stuff, because many facilities don't support the usage of electronic devices and social media, especially if that person is being treated for a mental illness. 

I wish her the best of luck and I don't even know her personally. 

After the recovery (which I highly want to be effective) I want her to start a new path in life as a healthier, more positive person on every platform.

Posted

She’s not dead (probably). People theorize she’s died every time she dips off the internet for more than three days. I get that we can’t know for sure but she’s probably in a health facility getting treatment and has limited access to her phone. I wouldn’t be shocked someone’s monitoring her accounts and checking her emails. 

Its fun and spooky to theorize what’s happened but there are doctors that are trained specifically on how to help people with severe eating disorders get some medical stability. She’s in professional hands now. 

I’m hoping this helps her regain some stability in her life. I’m rooting for her.

Posted

I personally don’t see having anorexia nervosa and being overweight as opposites. There are plenty of perfectly healthy overweight people and there are perfectly healthy super skinny people. Either way, I agree that it’s wrong to kick someone off of YouTube because they are extremely underweight or morbidly obese. 

I think another issue is that anorexia nervosa is a mental health issue and if YouTube kicks Eugenia off the site for being anorexic, they can kick anyone with a mental illness off the site as well. They could start kicking people who are skinny because of chemotherapy or crohn’s disease off the site. YouTube could kick off anyone they don’t deem “healthy enough” and I don’t think that’s right. YouTube should not be playing doctor. It seems like a slippery slope. 

(I hope I explained this well!) 

hi! i get where u are coming from but i personally feel like it's more abt the way u present (???) ur mental illness. 

like i know lots of youtubers who struggle w depression/anxiety, but they talk about it in their videos, about how they see a psychologist/got themselves help and they give advice to their viewers and encourage them to seek help if they r depressed or whatever!

eugenia (from what i've seen, correct me if im wrong bc i only went through her yt channel once or twice) isn't doing any of that. for the last years her videos were just her "presenting" her body. like yea it's abt the clothes but lots of ppl who suffer from anorexia have the urge to show off their skinny body. and i wouldn't complain if showing off her body on yt at least (immidiately!!) got her help instead of just making her even skinnier. so imo her getting her channel taken down could have helped her.

also her channel isn't only harming her but others too. they r extremely triggering especially to other ppl who suffer/suffered from an ed. when i first saw her i couldn't stop shaking

anyway, im happy eugenia's taking a break from yt now and hopefully able to recover!!

Posted

If she were dead her family would post something. They were enjoying her fat paycheck and "famous" status when she was the queen of the pro-ana world, so there's no doubt that her mom would post something about her death and bask in the attention/cash it would bring. 

I agree with whoever said "no news is good news". Her channel is so toxic it should have been age-restricted to 18+ at least 4 years ago. If she starts posting on it again, posting the same shit, then you can be certain she isn't serious about recovery at all. 

Posted (edited)

I'm so sick of people making up lies that she's dead... you all are disgusting , how would you feel if someone did that to your family member? 

Nobody has said she’s matter-of-fact dead here. Opposite, actually. The general consensus is that she’s in medical care. 

Edited by Umbreon

Posted (edited)

Ok so someone on YouTube is claiming they know which hospital Eugenia is in. The writing is hard to read in the video but from what I can make out it seems they looked up all the possible hospitals close to where Eugenia lives and rang round asking for her. One hospital didn't say, "sorry we have nobody of that name here." This person think Eugenia is there.

I'm not sure I believe they've found her. Wouldn't a hospital be better prepared for something like this? 

Edited by Marilyn

Posted

Hospitals [of that kind] aren't allowed to disclose any sort of patient information, especially from a phone call. I really wish people would quit acting like they're entitled to any information regarding her recovery. for all we know, she could have a nurse living with her, she doesn't HAVE to be in a facility. The people that are STILL making videos and conspiracies about her need to get a life, how bored can you be to call random hospitals trying to find an internet celebrity. Like fuck off

Posted (edited)

It's pretty sad to see how so many people could care less about Eugenia and just want to exploit her illness

Edited by VioletRhapsody
Ugh my English

Posted

Ok so someone on YouTube is claiming they know which hospital Eugenia is in. The writing is hard to read in the video but from what I can make out it seems they looked up all the possible hospitals close to where Eugenia lives and rang round asking for her. One hospital didn't say, "sorry we have nobody of that name here." This person think Eugenia is there.

I'm not sure I believe they've found her. Wouldn't a hospital be better prepared for something like this? 

This is horrible. This girl just can’t get a fucking break. She’s literally done what people have been demanding and has gotten herself help, and yet people are still praying at her and stalking her IRL to find out where she is and if she’s “really getting help”. 

This video shouldn’t have been made. People need to leave her the hell alone and stop seeking her out. 

Posted

It's pretty sad to see how so many people could care less about Eugenia and just want to exploit illnrss.

Exactly this, so many people don't even see her as a human and it shows, they just see her as her illness and will do anything to capitalize off it in some form. (whether it be for video views, likes, etc.) It's really disgusting, I hope Eugenia is in good care and I absolutely would not blame her if she doesn't come back to the internet, at least publicly.