General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

1253 posts in this topic

Posted

gotta admit the white guys calling asian men gay post was kinda funny

Tbh I've never heard any white guys call asian men gay?? Plastic? Yes. Inferior? Yes. But not gay idk

Posted

Tbh I've never heard any white guys call asian men gay?? Plastic? Yes. Inferior? Yes. But not gay idk

i have, but they said they're gay because they saw idols i liked and thought they were feminine, but never because they take care of their hygiene

Posted

i have, but they said they're gay because they saw idols i liked and thought they were feminine, but never because they take care of their hygiene

Hmm yeah I get that, I've been seeing rants on twitter everywhere about how white men trash asian men for being hygienic and I haven't seen any proof

Posted

I've heard a bunch of white guys  complaning about Korean men for taking care of their hair, and dressing up and claiming they're gay because those are "feminine" qualities. Trust me there are a bunch of sexpats in Asia that talk like that. I've unfortunately met some myself.

Posted

I've heard a bunch of white guys  complaning about Korean men for taking care of their hair, and dressing up and claiming they're gay because those are "feminine" qualities. Trust me there are a bunch of sexpats in Asia that talk like that. I've unfortunately met some myself.

Yeah, I have a close male friend from Korea who hangs out a lot and socializes with foreigners. He was a pretty confident guy when I first met him but the shitty military guys he hung out with a lot got him to a point where he internalized how they would talk about Korean men for wearing BB cream and getting PS, calling them gay and such. Eventually he started complaining about how "gay" Korean men were and started trying to work out to be muscular and started dressing sloppily. 

I definitely don't agree that Korean men in general are so much more hygenic and cleanly and well-dressed or whatever the fuck that girl was talking about, but I definitely have seen and heard white guys down-talking Korean men. If you take a look at Asian American history too, you see that Asian men were viewed as both feminized and infantilized in America. Obviously that's bullshit but I think that also contributes to why Asians are fetishized by people. 

Posted

Yeah I have heard people refer to Korean men as gay. My male cousins (who are viet, born and raised in Vietnam, so less open) say that the way they wear makeup do their hair and do surgery is 'gay' and 'weird' etc. And kind of look down on them.. although they're in their 30s I think the younger generation a bit different because Viet singers try to imitate that nowadays.

Posted

same here, a lot of people i know think like that and its so freaking annoying. meanwhile half of them think that peak of hygiene is that they took a fcking shower. disgusting 

Posted

They're upset that they don't have girls idolizing them, meanwhile, they're just slobs and don't even try to keep up with their appearances in the slightest. How is looking after your hygiene, skin and clothing "gay" in anyway? It's a standard that any normal human being should have...