• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General "non Asians pretending to be Asian" thread

3610 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

To me (it's just MY point of view based on 0 evidence) @ana.kii seems to be white.
I know that a lot of "hapa" are white passing but... I think she's white.
A picture is not an evidence but when I saw this one, I immediately though "She's white. I'm 99% sure of that."

5b1fc08c58960_Capture_decran_2018-06-12_

And as someone mentioned before, her hair roots seem to be light. Same for her eyes that are weirdly light for an asian person.

Plus, I realized that E V E R Y picture she posted of Japan could have been stolen because she's not on any of those pictures.

And like you guys, if I was half Japanese and people were exposing me for faking my ethnicity, I would definitely show some pictures of my parents, family, or pictures of young me in Japan

Edited by cloud
typo

Posted

Plenty of half-Japanese people have light eyes, Becky, Eiji Wentz, etc. Where is she flaunting her hafu status though, was it on her old account? She probably won't or doesn't feel the need to prove it if she's not showing it off somewhere. I dunno, is she famous/has a following or something?

As a casual browser of her Instagram nothing really stands out as "pretending to be Asian", and the only Japanese I found (there could be more, It's not the most interesting of Instagram accounts tbh...) was her response to 「ハーフですか?」「はい!お母さんは日本人です」short but correct. And you don't need to be able to speak Japanese to be half anyway, which is the point a lot of these sad fakers miss and use google translate.

Posted (edited)

To me (it's just MY point of view based on 0 evidence) @ana.kii seems to be white.
I know that a lot of "hapa" are white passing but... I think she's white.
A picture is not an evidence but when I saw this one, I immediately though "She's white. I'm 99% sure of that."

5b1fc08c58960_Capture_decran_2018-06-12_

And as someone mentioned before, her hair roots seem to be light. Same for her eyes that are weirdly light for an asian person.

Plus, I realized that E V E R Y picture she posted of Japan could have been stolen because she's not on any of those pictures.

And like you guys, if I was half Japanese and people were exposing me for faking my ethnicity, I would definitely show some pictures of my parents, family, or pictures of young me in Japan

I can see why you'd be suspicious, considering people are calling this girl out for supposedly lying about her heritage in the past. I just wanted to throw it out there that looks aren't a reliable way to determine if someone is biracial. It's about genetics and recessive traits. ESPECIALLY in the case of biracial people with parents who may look very different from one another.  :alpacawink:

Anyway, anyone who thinks this girl needs to show her family to "prove" she's half is being ridiculous. It's not that serious. Would you want someone full white to show pictures of Aryan looking family?  If I were her, I certainly wouldn't feel the need to prove anything. Biracial people constantly have people questioning their heritage and asking invasive questions about it. If she is half, I'm sure she's tired of it IRL, why deal with it online as well?

Edited by Faunne

Posted (edited)

Plenty of half-Japanese people have light eyes, Becky, Eiji Wentz, etc. Where is she flaunting her hafu status though, was it on her old account? She probably won't or doesn't feel the need to prove it if she's not showing it off somewhere. I dunno, is she famous/has a following or something?

As a casual browser of her Instagram nothing really stands out as "pretending to be Asian", and the only Japanese I found (there could be more, It's not the most interesting of Instagram accounts tbh...) was her response to 「ハーフですか?」「はい!お母さんは日本人です」short but correct. And you don't need to be able to speak Japanese to be half anyway, which is the point a lot of these sad fakers miss and use google translate.

Quite a number of us have light eyes, but light blonde hair is extremely rare. It'd be nearly impossible for her to have both those traits tbh.

I'm not necessarily saying this proves she isn't hapa, but it's pretty suspicious that 99% of her posts are pictures of Japan and her bio is 'plz stop asking yes my mum is Japanese, no I don't have to prove it to u' If she's gonna go do that she might as well just post 1 pic with her mum in her story or smth.

She also had one of her captions in German which was also correct. (She's British, I think) Not to mention google translate can sometimes be accurate.

Maybe her previous account had more stuff on there that could further help figuring this girl out, but that's probably all gone.

idk guys she could be half 

(The pic won't delete)

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 10.37.18.png

Edited by Gerbil

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted (edited)

I think she must have deleted some stuff when people started questioning her (going by the comments she was receiving on her sarahah)? I personally wouldn't even think she's mixed if she didnt say so herself, since as you stated, there's nothing to indicate that she is claiming to be half-Asian on her account. I'm just curious as to why people were so upset by her. 

And I do agree with other people here in that she doesn't have to prove herself or anything if she doesn't care what people think. If she is biracial/mixed, there's no shame in being white passing. Just my opinion.  

Edited by Internet Explorer
deleted screencap

Posted

i wouldnt use "but she has light hair and light eyes. its impossible to be part asian with those traits" as evidence. ive known a girl in high school with blonde hair and blue eyes and her mother was full asian while her dad was full white. her brother was the same way too. ive known a couple half asians with blue eyes. while it is very rare, it is not impossible. i think it could be possible that this girl is telling the truth. but who knows. i dont really see reasons yet to be doubtful tho. i still really think we should refrain from posting people here that at least somewhat have a possibility of telling the truth.

Posted

i wouldnt use "but she has light hair and light eyes. its impossible to be part asian with those traits" as evidence. ive known a girl in high school with blonde hair and blue eyes and her mother was full asian while her dad was full white. her brother was the same way too. ive known a couple half asians with blue eyes. while it is very rare, it is not impossible. i think it could be possible that this girl is telling the truth. but who knows. i dont really see reasons yet to be doubtful tho. i still really think we should refrain from posting people here that at least somewhat have a possibility of telling the truth.

Yeah, I am considerate of that, seeing as how other people have posted actual mixed kids here before. I know the policy here is to only post those who have claimed they are mixed Asian and are questionable. I didn't even criticize her looks because appearances is really an inaccurate way to judge a person's ethnicity. I was just curious if anybody knew what she had said/posted for people to get so upset at her. Obviously, I can edit my first post if an administrator deems it inappropriate. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted (edited)

From the meaning her reply is correct, but  it’s pretty rude and uncommon to refer to your own mother as お母さん to someone else? Okaasan is the polite way of saying mother, which is used when speaking of other people’s moms or addressing your own mom. Normally if you talk about you own family to others you should use the humble version, はは or simply 母... 

Edited by Heartless

Posted

Jesus Christ. I’ve been a long time lurker of this thread and I was quite surprised to see someone I sort of recognised on here. Had to make an account right away.

Don’t believe what she says, she will probably be lying to you. I went to high school with her. Did the same thing back then and is clearly doing the same thing now. I’ve seen her mum on parent’s evenings (in England it’s a parent-teacher conference thing to talk about the student’s grades) and she is white as HELL. Blonde hair and light eyes — the whole shebang.

“yes my mum is japanese” WHERE? I’ve not seen her dad or any other siblings but I never really believed her then and I still don’t now. There did though happen to be a girl also in the same high school who had similar eye folds but with brown eyes — but she was of Mexican descent like someone mentioned earlier in this thread. But I’m positive that she is just as white as a sheet of paper. 

She does have dark brown hair though, it isn’t blonde. So that can be debunked. 

Strange how you can actually know someone on this website! Small world. 

Posted

have any of you guys seen @dreamfighter_jn latest post (if you don't know who he is.. says he's half korean even tho he looks 100%  and says he's in korea rn to audition to be a kpop star (his other post shows him auditioning for bighit ?)) anyways in the post it shows him with another "half korean" and.. the tags are cringey as well

Screen_Shot_2018-06-12_at_3.30.24_PM.thu

him and his half korean friend

Screen_Shot_2018-06-12_at_3.30.44_PM.thu

him and his cringey tags..

Screen_Shot_2018-06-12_at_3.30.37_PM.thu

and finally him at the bighit audition

idk if anyone knows but does anyone know what side his korean is from?? because he posted a picture of his mom and she doesnt look korean.. if anything she looks SE?? could he be another SEA trying to pass off as korean??? 

also im going to say something so im going to hide it hehe, 

okay so i was thinking, if a nonasian gets a asian stepdad/stepmom they could try to pass off as asian no? especially since they would have photos of a "asian" relative/family and could just say they're white passing or such. Idk if asianboos have thought of that but that made me wonder if theres some asianboos who have managed to fool others because that. like my stepdad has some filipino and we somewhat look alike that my friends and everyone else thinks hes my actual biological father plus we have photos together since i was very young (3/4) and all, i could pull off being filipino (which i won't ofc) just as if a koreaboo or asianboo could also if they had a stepparent of that ethnicity.. 

Posted

have any of you guys seen @dreamfighter_jn latest post (if you don't know who he is.. says he's half korean even tho he looks 100%  and says he's in korea rn to audition to be a kpop star (his other post shows him auditioning for bighit ?)) anyways in the post it shows him with another "half korean" and.. the tags are cringey as well

Hidden Content

idk if anyone knows but does anyone know what side his korean is from?? because he posted a picture of his mom and she doesnt look korean.. if anything she looks SE?? could he be another SEA trying to pass off as korean??? 

also im going to say something so im going to hide it hehe, 

Hidden Content

Only in response to your last bit: Yeah they could but there's not a big number of people who even pretend to be asian since it's just really weird and pointless really (and just disrespectful to real asian people and their own parents but yeah). So maybe there are some.

Posted

Jesus Christ. I’ve been a long time lurker of this thread and I was quite surprised to see someone I sort of recognised on here. Had to make an account right away.

Don’t believe what she says, she will probably be lying to you. I went to high school with her. Did the same thing back then and is clearly doing the same thing now. I’ve seen her mum on parent’s evenings (in England it’s a parent-teacher conference thing to talk about the student’s grades) and she is white as HELL. Blonde hair and light eyes — the whole shebang.

“yes my mum is japanese” WHERE? I’ve not seen her dad or any other siblings but I never really believed her then and I still don’t now. There did though happen to be a girl also in the same high school who had similar eye folds but with brown eyes — but she was of Mexican descent like someone mentioned earlier in this thread. But I’m positive that she is just as white as a sheet of paper. 

She does have dark brown hair though, it isn’t blonde. So that can be debunked. 

Strange how you can actually know someone on this website! Small world. 

Can you post any proof? Not that I don't believe you but anyone could claim that on this website.

Posted (edited)

From the meaning her reply is correct, but  it’s pretty rude and uncommon to refer to your own mother as お母さん to someone else? Okaasan is the polite way of saying mother, which is used when speaking of other people’s moms or addressing your own mom. Normally if you talk about you own family to others you should use the humble version, はは or simply 母... 

When I talk to family members about my mom (what/how she is doing, for example) I refer to her as Kacchan but when talking to people I'm less familiar with, I'd also say Oka-san or Haha.:alpacaheadshake:

Edited by Solomon
Typo